English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 21 April 2018, 09:46   #121
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
How about making a game based on smurfs? I'm sure no one would mind.

Resident evil smurfs. I for one would feel pride to see such a game on amiga.
Old 21 April 2018, 11:30   #122
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:

Resident evil smurfs. I for one would feel pride to see such a game on amiga.
The problem with this idea is copyright still. Smurfs and basing it on Resident Evil. Earlier in this thread I suggested a new name for the game, so they couldn't have you for the title.

"Re-Generation Evil" / "Regeneration Evil"

Listed the 2 ways in which it could be displayed.
Old 21 April 2018, 12:42   #123
DamienD
Banned

@MigaTech; you do realise that rare_j was being sarcastic when he suggested this?

Quote:
...and there's good reason why he said the above.

Seems that you don't know the story about poor hipoonios who decided to make a PD game based on Smurfs and ended up getting sued by Disney

See these threads:

a) Smurf Rescue Released! (New Amiga game)
b) Got sued for an AMIGA game made with BACKBONE in 2015!

You're crazy if you think Capcom wouldn't come down even harder than Disney did
Old 21 April 2018, 13:21   #124
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
@MigaTech; you do realise that rare_j was being sarcastic when he suggested this?
No I didn't know about this, as it all happened before I was a member of EAB.

What happened to hipoonios in the end?

Also, it is a shame they did that to him, at best they should of relicensed the game taking a % of the sales. Sometimes these big companies can take their copyright too far.

Different story though, when they steal a small players idea, all because they got deep pockets!
Old 21 April 2018, 13:54   #125
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigaTech View Post
What happened to hipoonios in the end?
He's serving time in prison for trademark theft. You really need to do your research.

Quote:
Also, it is a shame they did that to him, at best they should of relicensed the game taking a % of the sales. Sometimes these big companies can take their copyright too far.

Different story though, when they steal a small players idea, all because they got deep pockets!
It has nothing whatsoever to do with being big vs being little - the rules are that if you allow even one instance of trademark theft or abuse to go unpunished, you will lose that trademark forever. So the vast majority of companies go all guns blazing when it happens - they don't want to lose ownership of what their company either created or paid good money for.
Old 21 April 2018, 15:03   #126
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
It has nothing whatsoever to do with being big vs being little - the rules are that if you allow even one instance of trademark theft or abuse to go unpunished, you will lose that trademark forever. So the vast majority of companies go all guns blazing when it happens - they don't want to lose ownership of what their company either created or paid good money for.
This is NOT entirely true! I have had some of my work stolen and from big organisations! They place claws in the contract whereby it makes everything work for them.

When a big organisation/company take smaller artists work, they always get out of it! Deep pockets and more knowledge. Yet they kick off big time, when their dirty deeds are conducted on them!

Capcom never stopped that simple version of RE featured in Amiga Format, back in the day. What was that all about?

When it comes to research how much can you do? You are not going to pick up on everything. I could of done my research and still missed the hipoonios case!

After some of the things discussed here, this is probably the nearest Amiga related version of RE, we are going to get!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 16 May 2018, 18:49   #127
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigaTech View Post
This is NOT entirely true! I have had some of my work stolen and from big organisations! They place claws in the contract whereby it makes everything work for them.
Going to need examples of that. Proof that it was yours, proof that you didn't give it to them, proof that if you uploaded it somewhere that didn't give them (or the hosting company) explicit permission to re-use it... that sort of thing.
Old 16 May 2018, 20:36   #128
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
Going to need examples of that. Proof that it was yours, proof that you didn't give it to them, proof that if you uploaded it somewhere that didn't give them (or the hosting company) explicit permission to re-use it... that sort of thing.
Come on Dunny are you serious? Do you really think half of the big players get their works of art fairly!! They are always screwing over the little guy and never like a dose of their own, when it is throw back at them.

They play on the fact that they have deeper pockets to copyright correctly and officially, making it harder to prove anything against them.
Old 16 May 2018, 22:10   #129
Dunny

As I said, I'm going to need proof that a huge corporation stole your IP. Otherwise it's just hearsay, "everyone knows", anecdotal evidence at best.
Old 16 May 2018, 22:50   #130
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Ironic isn't Dunny, that the very request you make is the very reason they used my work and never gave me credit as original creator! They knew I couldn't prove anything against their power and might.

It would just be s**t like, it sounds nothing like your work or you are clutching at straws. Even sometimes, no answer at all.

TBH, you can believe me or not, nothing matters now anyways, it was so long ago. If nothing else, I know what it is like to have my talented work used by others and then, they claim it to be their own. I am sure there are many other EAB members/persons who can relate to this?

Usually the real talented people are never credited for their work. We exist but not in their world, yet our work is used. The actual s**t they produce without taking our work/creation, is just pathetic at best. They only shine when they devise methods to gain free access to real talented persons work.

They then mould it, manipulate it, brand it and slap it back out as all their own creation. Heck they even use it on other c**p they produce, because it was so good to start with. Even those fools couldn't compete with us, they tried and failed, so they joined us instead.

You would think by now that they would keep the original source, NO! They have no need as they just go to the next real talented person and use the same method. They are like locust!

This is why there are so many untalented freaks in the industries, they are in it for the money, not the passion or shear skill of trade. This is why technology, video games, movies and music are all corrupted. To a real talented passionate creator the money they would make is only a bonus, the credit and respect means a whole lot more.
Old 17 May 2018, 00:06   #131
Dunny

Yeah, that doesn't sound like proof. If you don't take steps to protect your work when you release it publicly, then anyone can take it - not just (perceived) evil mega-corporations...

You did take steps to protect your work, did you not?
Old 17 May 2018, 02:21   #132
DamienD
Banned

Guys, enough yeah? Take it to PM if you really must.

...please don't make me ask either of you again.

Trust me, I've had much bigger things on my plate for the past 6 months (like ex-girlfriend issues) than moderating / dealing with constant spam / trying to keep peace on a forum / updating my WinUAE collection...

Yet I'm still here on EAB for at least 14 hours a day every half-an-hour trying to keep things running smooth as I've always done as a GM for over 7 years now...

Sad really... I need to get a life and a new girlfriend...
Old 17 May 2018, 02:35   #133
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
...(getting) a new girlfriend...
Sorry to say that I'm married for many years and it doesn't sound as such a bad thing to me at all, I don't understand your behaviour

Last edited by Retrofan; 18 May 2018 at 00:51.
Old 17 May 2018, 16:00   #134
Valken

Quote:
Sad really... I need to get a life and a new girlfriend...
Sorry to hear Damien. When I'm back in London, lets go meet some girls together! Until then, keep your spirits up! Beautiful women are everywhere so be brave and go for it.!
Old 17 May 2018, 16:30   #135
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken View Post
Sorry to hear Damien. When I'm back in London, lets go meet some girls together! Until then, keep your spirits up! Beautiful women are everywhere so be brave and go for it.!
Yeah let's definitely do that!!!

...I won't go into details but it's really hard for me at the moment to the point where I can't function at work, sleep at night etc...

I've known her for 7 years now, we broke up in January 2017 but were still best friends... in the last 6 months she has been really screwing with my head; I forgive her, try to move on yet she then does something horrendous a few weeks later again
Old 17 May 2018, 17:01   #136
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Sorry to learn you are having Girlfriend troubles DamienD. We have all been there. You being a nice guy with them can definitely guarantee you one thing, finishing last!
Old 18 May 2018, 20:53   #137
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Better have girlfriend troubles than Wife troubles, believe me!
Old 19 May 2018, 00:14   #138
DamienD
Banned

Any long term relationship female troubles are very difficult; it's not just about time but commitment, intensity

...sorry for the OT in this thread that I started, let's move on though