English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 02 July 2017, 20:54   #1
Overflow

Active Amiga streamers

So, Ive started following some streamers whenever I can catch them online, and their viewer count is probably suffering from the fact that people simply doesnt know they are activly streaming.

So, on my watchlist there are;

mjnurney

Streams a wide array of retro related stuff, including standard classic amiga and Vampire. Seems like one of the most active Amiga streamers these days;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOF...I73lCTXDY-c3tw

Modern Vintage Gamer

Developer and streamer, which frequent this forum;

https://www.youtube.com/user/jimako123

The Guru Meditation

The Guru Meditation is a collaboration between long time Commodore Amiga Gurus Bill Winters and Anthony Becker. Amiga oriented with alot of content, also with livestreams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYt...-5MZwmQ/videos

Dan Wood - kookytech.net

Allround nice guy, and cohost of The Retro Hour - I havent seen him stream tho, but given his content, and the crisp quality, Ive decided to add him to the list.

https://www.youtube.com/user/techguruuk

One of my "complaints" is that they are far to modest for their own good. They should let us know when they stream, so people can join in, and boost their viewercount (if they want that, which I assume since they stream..!).
Old 03 July 2017, 00:25   #2
onkelarie

Amigos might be of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCts...tRdIxoZxwkX3Ww
Old 03 July 2017, 01:04   #3
emufan

AMITEN TV Youtube Amiga Channel
Old 03 July 2017, 03:17   #4
earok

Amiga Bill streams on Twitch too

https://www.twitch.tv/amigabill
Old 04 July 2017, 10:46   #5
Overflow

Neat ^^

Bill/The Guru Medication just released a "How to become a streamer" like video.
Tons of good info ^^

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 July 2017, 03:48   #6
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Amiga Bill streams on Twitch too

https://www.twitch.tv/amigabill
Aw, thanks for the shout out Earok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Neat ^^

Bill/The Guru Medication just released a "How to become a streamer" like video.
Tons of good info ^^

[ Show youtube player ]
Glad you like the video Overflow and thanks for putting The Guru Meditation on your list. Yeah it is a tricky one. I would like to promote my YouTube and Twitch channel more, but I feel very self-conscious about self promotion. I don't want to just pop onto boards like this and have the only thing I contribute be an advertisement for my stream or YouTube. I feel better about posting places where I am a bit more active. But, you do have to get the word out somehow. The best is when someone like yourself takes it upon themselves to spread the word. If you think it is a good idea I can make a thread and update it every time I make a new video for The Guru YouTube. I think PixelThing and Amiten do that. Seems like a cool. I hope it won't be spammy - I don't think it will because I only make 1 or 2 videos per month max. Twitch on the other had I do almost every week, so I think that would get annoying for people. Maybe not? Best thing is to follow me on Facebook and Twitter. I post all my streams there - usually 1 day in advance. Also if you Follow/Subscribe to the channel you can get and email and/or push notification when the stream starts. Thanks for the kind words and support!
Old 10 July 2017, 05:49   #7
lantus360

appreciate the shoutout - my OpenBOR live porting streams were quite popular - i had 50 people watching at its most popular point. I've only really gotten into the streaming side of things so ill try and post a schedule when i do it going forward.
Old 10 July 2017, 06:10   #8
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
appreciate the shoutout - my OpenBOR live porting streams were quite popular - i had 50 people watching at its most popular point. I've only really gotten into the streaming side of things so ill try and post a schedule when i do it going forward.
And no editing makes creating larger quantities of content a whole lot easier MVG! But there is something great about creating a shorter, to the point YouTube video. Live streams can be difficult to watch when they are recorded and not live. They are 2 different but equally awesome beasts!
Old 24 July 2017, 21:39   #9
Overflow

I personally think it would be good for active streamers to update a thread when they go live. Im sure there will be some amongst us that will take it the wrong way, but I think the world will survive that.

I keep bugging mjnurney about doing the same thing, but I guess hes hesitant for the same reasons you are.

At the end of the day, its a shame if people miss the good info thats being shared but you guys. Returning people that just start browsing EAB or other forums might go for months and years before they accidentially stumble upon your streams, which seems counter to your intention or no?
Old 08 August 2017, 17:15   #10
Overflow

Dan Wood/Kookytech and Ravi Abbot/Hons;

Ocean Software - Gary Bracey Panel and Q&A at Play Expo, Blackpool

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 09 August 2017, 16:36   #11
AmigaBill

I think I will take your advise and make a thread where I can post new videos and live streams. Quite a few other people are asking me for it as well. Although it is difficult to keep up with all the different platforms. I always post on G+, Twitter, and Facebook. so feel free to follow on any of those as well.
Old 29 November 2017, 16:38   #12
Amiga1992

I don't stream regularly like Amiga Bill, but every now and then I do Amiga DJ sets live on Youtube using my dual A600 setup with PT-1210, usually around 2 hours long.

Here's the latest:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 29 November 2017, 18:30   #13
plasmab
Banned

I stream often (pretty much whenever i'm working and the kid is in bed) Although its all hardware development and may not be to the taste of everyone..

TerribleFire:

https://www.youtube.com/c/TerribleFire
Old 29 November 2017, 19:10   #14
emufan

generally speaking, dont forget to announce your session before you're going live.
i think this thread is a good place to do so
Old 29 November 2017, 19:15   #15
plasmab
Banned

Extremely difficult to predict a live stream. I do my best to tweet when I’m about to stream @TerribleFire
Old 29 November 2017, 19:39   #16
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
generally speaking, dont forget to announce your session before you're going live.
i think this thread is a good place to do so
I thought subscribing to people would sort that out on its own. It is a pain to have to notify everyone about an incoming stream, as plasmab says.
Old 30 November 2017, 03:07   #17
AmigaBill

That is awesome Akira! I love the dueling A600 DJ stream! So cool! Also have to check out your streams as well plasmab. You obviously do really wonderful projects.

Yeah I totally agree guys, it is difficult to announce when you go live on so many various platforms. The best way is to "follow" us on Twitch or "subscribe" on Youtube and activate notifications. On twitch you click the heart icon and on YouTube you click the bell icon. I post all my streams 24 hours in advance on my Twitter @thegurumeditatie as well as on Facebook "Amiga Bill" and "TheGuruMeditation" page https://www.facebook.com/thegurumeditation/ You don't have to have an account on Twitter or Facebook because I make my posts public but it helps if you do have an account. I would like to post in forums and Facebook groups as well, but it starts to become a lot and I don't want to come off as spamy, but that is a tricky balancing act I am still trying to figure out.
Old 30 November 2017, 12:02   #18
emufan

it was just an idea, since I dont have FB/YT accounts.

just saw your equipment, Akira - so cool
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 30 November 2017, 16:02   #19
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
just saw your equipment, Akira - so cool
Thanks, now you see why I am always looking for old librarian software :P

Posting of livestreams is a very complicated topic. Not only I am not great at social media, I have been trying to curb or eliminate my activity in it, not helping the cause. I also don't want to be seen as a spammer :/
But it's usually hard to drive people in at a certain time and I usually find that my DJ streams usually peak at 15 or so viewers in real time.

There's also the matter of timezone differences.

Anyway, going OT, sorry!
I'm trying to do a stream a month at least, but it's hard, especially when there isn't enough new good Protracker music to play with. If there was an active enough tracking scene, I would be able to present fresh new tunes and play more often. As it is I am always scraping the "crates" to try to keep my sets fresh each time. I also make a huge effort of avoiding the obvious (like, I purposefully choose not to play videogame tunes, except the one or two that might fir at the moment)
Also it's very annoying to set up the whole hardware to do this, another reason I don't stream often!
Old 30 November 2017, 18:06   #20
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Thanks, now you see why I am always looking for old librarian software :P
oh, yes,. for sure funy thing to control them using an amiga
Quote:
Not only I am not great at social media
says who? your 2h session is much more authentic, than those asocial media stars with 10m views.