English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 07 October 2020, 16:23   #1
KKR75

TV Sports: Basketball

I have uploaded the full manual (english) for TV Sports: Basketball.
It is on the FTP server's root directory. Please update the database when able.

Thank you

KKR75
Old 07 October 2020, 17:54   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@KKR75
Many thanks for your contributions to HOL but, unfortunately, everything you've uploaded to the HOL FTP server appears corrupted. The PDFs open, but all the pages are blank regardless of what PDF reader I use. All the picture files produce errors too when attempting to open them using IrfanView and other image viewers.

What FTP client are you using? Maybe your config. is causing files to be corrupted when uploading to the FTP server. Anyway, can you upload your contributions to the FTP server again please? Alternatively, if you prefer, you can just upload them to the Zone.

Thanks and fingers crossed!
Old 07 October 2020, 22:54   #3
KKR75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
@KKR75
Many thanks for your contributions to HOL but, unfortunately, everything you've uploaded to the HOL FTP server appears corrupted. The PDFs open, but all the pages are blank regardless of what PDF reader I use. All the picture files produce errors too when attempting to open them using IrfanView and other image viewers.

What FTP client are you using? Maybe your config. is causing files to be corrupted when uploading to the FTP server. Anyway, can you upload your contributions to the FTP server again please? Alternatively, if you prefer, you can just upload them to the Zone.

Thanks and fingers crossed!
I was using the standard Win10 ftp client from shell, but obviously this didn' work.
So I deleted all the files from the hol ftp server, and re-uploaded everything using Filezilla on Linux. I hope this fixes the issue.
Can someone please confirm, and a HOL administrator can put the files where they belong, if all okay ?

Many thanks
Old 08 October 2020, 10:01   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@KKR75
Many thanks again....that did the trick! I've already upped your UK manual for TV Sports: Basketball to HOL.
If you upload anymore files to the HOL FTP server, please be sure to create a folder with your handle (KKR75) in the incoming directory so that we can keep track of the contributions you make and credit you accordingly in the HOL leaderboard of contributors.

Last edited by DrBong; 08 October 2020 at 10:10.
Old 08 October 2020, 11:08   #5
KKR75

Thanks for the heads up DrBong.
I created my handle of the FTP server and moved the F-16CP files over to my directory, so they can be included.