Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

Old Today, 19:15   #61
capehorn

Capehorn takes it back!

Old Today, 19:40   #62
john4p
Local Moderator

NICE!

Health looks equal now but your in-game score is much lower than malko's. The 2nd tie-breaker puts you back on top.
Old Today, 19:45   #63
capehorn

Thanks.

When you first bought up score as a second tie breaker, I never thought there was a chance it would be needed.
Old Today, 19:48   #64
DamienD
Global Moderator

Just wanted to ask; how is it that people get different scores when completing the game? As far as I'm aware enemies don't respawn so...

...and how do you get a lower one; I would have thought the score would be the same when playing through?
Old Today, 20:07   #65
john4p
Local Moderator

Actually fishes, bats, pygmies and the two giants do respawn. You don't have to kill fishes and bats and all pygmies.

Also sometimes there are more bats than at other times so if both players kill them one will still have a (slightly) lower score.

Just reached the two giants at full health for the first time, but then lost about 75% health on them. Need to learn the rhythm. Then Zelek killed me because I made a unnecessary mistake.
Old Today, 20:13   #66
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

No. When dying, not all enemies gives scores. For example, in the beginning of the game you can "milking" by killing the fishes. But as they seems to appear without end, there is no mean to kill them.
Bats also gives scores. So either you try to kill them (and make an higher score - which is useless regarding the round rules) or you go straight, get a little bit touched but makes no point.
By the way, even the fishes re-spawn when you come back after Ishran, Barloom and the Oasis. Just cross the bridge to the right (no fishes at all) make the bridge disappear from the screen and return (<-), fishes are here.

Edit: Was typing and thus did not see your answer John
Old Today, 20:25   #67
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
[...] Just reached the two giants at full health for the first time, but then lost about 75% health on them. Need to learn the rhythm. Then Zelek killed me because I made a unnecessary mistake.
Yes, rhythm is the key. I have trained this part a lot.
Just in case you don't know there is no need to start again from scratch to train this part. Kill them, return to the old man's hut and kill them again. Repeat until you get the correct rhythm . Of course the game's internal trainer help to train