English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 February 2020, 20:15   #441
vulture

looks very nice!
Old 17 February 2020, 20:21   #442
Amigajay

Keeps on getting better! I really love the lightning effects, really adds that extra touch to the atmosphere!
Old 17 February 2020, 20:37   #443
MickGyver

Looks very good! Keep up the good work!
Old 17 February 2020, 20:49   #444
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
New W.I.P video
[ Show youtube player ]
Really really cool
If you allow me a small comment : the music is nice but I don't feel it to be congruent with the gfx atmosphere...
Old 17 February 2020, 21:18   #445
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thank you all for the very kind words!
Again, for those that don't like the music or feel it is out of place that is ok for you to think that, you don't have to like The superb musicians we have working on this only have 16kb MAX to work within, that is simply because of the memory restrictions we're working with.
As it happens, but myself and the programmer happen to be huge fans of those musicians and also of chiptune music and we are extremely honoured to have such music within our game. Again, you can always mute the music if you so wish.

I am glad the looks of the game are going down well too!
Old 17 February 2020, 21:39   #446
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Don't misunderstand my comment and don't take it as a criticism (it's not). The music is nice and I do likechiptune music as well. I simply feel it "happier" than the village atmosphere

PS: 16kb max... whaou !
Old 17 February 2020, 21:46   #447
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
At this moment I agree with malko - in the rainy village at night, plagued with dark shadows holding knives, I would not expect so happy tune
Old 17 February 2020, 22:13   #448
Gzegzolka

Your work in progress looks very good
Old 18 February 2020, 00:57   #449
ExiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
Thank you all for the very kind words!
Again, for those that don't like the music or feel it is out of place that is ok for you to think that, you don't have to like The superb musicians we have working on this only have 16kb MAX to work within, that is simply because of the memory restrictions we're working with.
As it happens, but myself and the programmer happen to be huge fans of those musicians and also of chiptune music and we are extremely honoured to have such music within our game. Again, you can always mute the music if you so wish.
Sure I can turn the music off or even not to buy & play the game at all. But such reaction seem to me a bit short-sighted. Chip music is fine just I also think the mood of that very tune is not fitting the game at all.
Old 18 February 2020, 02:04   #450
xubidoo

the game looks great and i look forward to the eventual release.
The graphics look very good and the detail and effects look excellent

I do tend to agree that the music does not fit the game at all, much to cheery and happy for the type of game it is, i think a haunting tune would be better, but it is what it is, at least it can (and will) be turned off by most people probably.
Music is more suited to a colourful platformer.

Old 18 February 2020, 02:20   #451
pipper

I tend to agree with the others, the music is way too cheerful and takes away from the dark atmosphere. Chip tunes can be dark, too (think Last Ninja). We see a rainy, thundery night and monsters, yet the music conveys a walk through the park on a sunny day.
Old 18 February 2020, 04:12   #452
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Love the flickering lights effect and the graphical style- the music is ok too but yes perhaps a touch too light for this particular section.
Old 18 February 2020, 12:51   #453
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Haha! Well if ever we make a colourful platformer game (we intend to) at least we know the music will suit it!
So you can look forward to that one
Old 18 February 2020, 13:15   #454
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Wow, a lot of people seem to have very strong opinions after hearing only 30s of a single track
Old 18 February 2020, 14:27   #455
skyzoo73

Really nice village atmosphere. I really like the animations and the type of palette chosen. Great job, congratulations!
Old 20 February 2020, 04:35   #456
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Looks awesome of course.
Old 27 February 2020, 18:41   #457
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

I feel I need to apologise.
I don't mean to be a prick about the music in our game, and I am certainly very grateful for any feedback we get. I have a very specific way of imagining how this is going to be made, and so far it is all coming together as I have always dreamed, with Magnus' amazing programming skills, with the musicians incredible talents at creating 3 channel pieces of music within the 16kb free space that we have within the engine, and hopefully the best pixels I am able to arrange.
It won't be to everyone's tastes but it will be a dream come true for us lot to have even made a game!

I am thankful to everyone who shows interest in our game and just want to help create something memorable for this community that I love.
Thanks to everyone who supports us and to those who offer feedback. Again, apologies for being way too precious about this game at times.

I am thoroughly loving making this game full-time now. It's all coming together at a spectacular rate now.

More updates to come
Old 27 February 2020, 19:20   #458
thairacerjp

for me, no mater music you made, you made a Wonderfull job ! it will be memorable as you said for sure, it's a marvelous gift that you made for the community, it's just amazing to have new games, new hardware, we so lucky to have support of talented creator.good luck for the last straight line
Old 27 February 2020, 19:42   #459
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
with the musicians incredible talents at creating 3 channel pieces of music within the 16kb free space that we have within the engine
Martin Iveson/Nuke was a master of this, pity is not working on demoscene anymore, as far as i know; best i could do in limited space lately took 18k (and two channel, which use less space but still...)
Old 27 February 2020, 19:43   #460
Amigajay

No need to apologise, it may not suit everyone, but then what music does!? Its your game at the end of the day, you are entitled to envisage and produce something to your imagination.

Probably the best way of looking at it, is people are so impressed and are eager to play this game, if they weren’t interested they wouldn’t give two hoots what sort of music it had!