English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 15 August 2009, 18:42   #1
mattbarton.exe

Smile New Matt Chat on Knights of the Old Republic

Hi, guys! For my 25th episode, I decided to cover Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic, one of my favorite games from the modern era. I love the game's storyline, characters, and have always enjoyed exploring the Star Wars universe. I hope you like my video!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 15 August 2009, 18:56   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You really got a nice taste regarding RPGs Matt Bought both Kotor and Kotor 2 late 2006 as a bundle and was shocked that I almost missed the game (well someone would have knocked me with a 'KOTOR!' fence post sooner or later I guess ). Just a beautiful and very fun to play non-sandbox RPG. Really catches the Star Wars atmosphere in a RPG and even if you don't like SW, it's still a great RPG on it's own
Old 15 August 2009, 19:06   #3
radon_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
even if you don't like SW, it's still a great RPG on it's own
Agreed. Bioware does amazing work, and all of their RPGs have a simular feel. Jade Empire and Mass Effect have a lot of the same mechanics as KOTR. In fact, in many ways Mass Effect feels like KOTR 2.0.
Old 15 August 2009, 19:21   #4
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Bah, there's nothing like a good ol' SSI game such as Pools of Darkness when it comes to RPGs.
I'll always favor the Amiga oldies over PC 3D extravaganza .

Just joking.
Thanks for posting your video links in here.
Old 16 August 2009, 01:44   #5
mattbarton.exe

Thanks, guys, for the nice comments! I am also a big fan of the Gold Box games--first games I ever truly loved. One of these days I'm going to try making my own game in that style. I played them all on my beloved Commodore 64.

I also played Mass Effect and loved it as well. Just can't get enough of excellent writing and realistic characters. Guess that's why the Japanese games just didn't grab me the same way.

I also have Jade Empire for the Xbox, and it appears to be working. I played it only for a few minutes, but it looks like there is a lot more fighting content.