English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 05 August 2005, 16:55   #1
Azy77

Batman The Movie in Winuae 1.0

Hi,

I have an Athlon XP 1700+ with 512MB RAM and windows XP. I have quite a few ADF's and they all work brilliantly. The only game that I have a problem with is Batman The Movie.

The game works ok graphically, but the sound gets a bit choppy and jittery e.g. at end of first level when the Joker falls in the vat of acid. I think the game screen becomes a bit jittery aswell. Then the next level sound becomes ok again.

Not much of a problem, but I'm not sure if it's this is a problem anyone else is having or just my configuration?

Here is my config for Batman:

Hardware: Amiga 500
Kickstart: 1.3
CPU: 68000
Emulation: Match A500 Speed - I've tried CPU vs chipset with various settings and sound still jitters at said part of game.
Chipset: OCS - I've tried with and without "Cycle Exact CPU & Blitter"
Collision Level: Sprites & Sprites vs Playfield
Sound : Emulated 100%
512K Chip and 512k Slow
Floppy speed - 400% (have tried with 100% aswell)

Display is set at 1024x768 at 16 Bit with 50 Hz and Vsync (My monitor refresh rate is 50 Hz with Powerstrip - all games run with the same smoothness as on original Amiga )

Thanks for any tips

Old 07 August 2005, 20:47   #2
Azy77

Just another point to add: exactly the same slowdown happens with Robocop 2, but it happens throughout the whole game. I tried adjusting the cpu/ blitter/ settings but no luck, apart from that I use the default A500 config that comes with Winuae 1.0.

Old 07 August 2005, 20:53   #3
FlashFF

Try changing the cpu emulation speed to "fastest possible but maintain chipset timing"

This should allow the processor to work as fast as possible, but not speed up the actual game.

Also you could try altering the Sound buffer size for the sound issue

EDIT: BTTR has batman the movie down as an ECS 13 confg so try with an ECS chipset

Old 07 August 2005, 21:26   #4
Azy77

I tried the sound buffer adjustment to 3 and used full ECS chipset with cpu to fastest but maintaining chipset timing and it improved in Batman quite a lot - the end of level 1 works with less jitter.

(Haven't tried with Robo 2 as I just deleted it - it was a bit of a naff game)

Thanks for the tips.

Old 16 August 2005, 00:59   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I always wondered how you could complete robo 2 without a trainer... I get killed way to easily with all those bullets flying around. Maybe with a bit of help from god you can pass the first two levels, but on level 3 you have to combat that other robot (Cain / Kane / whatever), who fires endless bullets and missiles at you, with no apparent way to dodge them!

Anybody done it? If you did: