English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 17 April 2015, 02:00   #1
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

the games we have to play before dying ?

Hello guys,
which games you would say : this is the games that you can't miss, you have to play it before you die ???
Myself, i would say shenmue 1 and 2 ... They came 1st in my mind but i'll surely propose others.
what's yours ?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 April 2015, 04:07   #2
Amiga4000

I feel I must play "When Two Worlds War" AGA before I kick off. Although I'm not real keen on turn-based / resource management type games, this one appeals to me for some reason. Maybe it's the in-depth, real time aspect of the management engine that seems fascinating. Here's a link of a reviewer that exposes some of the weaknesses of the game http://www.old-games.com/download/57...two-worlds-war ... The review is probably spot-on but I gotta try it. Has anyone else played thru this game? I would like to know your thoughts as well. Thx! BTW, has anyone been interested in getting a WHDLoad version created of this game? I can't get the AGA ADFs game to display correctly (installed to HDD) with my Indivision AGA MKII - the OCS/ECS ADF version works fine on the A500 w/Indi ECS. http://hol.abime.net/1698 Oh, and I must try Millenium 2.2! http://hol.abime.net/2481 I just started playing it for the first time the other night... didn't get far though in the 90 minutes I played it.

Last edited by Amiga4000; 17 April 2015 at 04:29.
Old 17 April 2015, 16:59   #3
OldB0y

Its very subjective, as everyone has different tastes, but heres a selection:

Amiga - loads IMO, but heres a few:

UFO Enemy Unknown
Chaos Engine
Carrier Command
Stunt Car Racer
Turrican 2

Others, again there are loads but heres a few:

Elite - BBC micro
Exile - BBC micro (also on the Amiga)
ICO - PS2/3
GTA3 - PS2
Zelda: Windwaker - GameCube/Wii U
Monument Valley - iOS
Old 17 April 2015, 22:11   #4
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Human Killing Machine (Amiga).

Playing that one would be a free alternative to euthanasia. :

Ahem. Joking aside.....

Difficult to narrow this down (and of course, subjective, as OldB0y mentions) but I'd say:

The Settlers (Amiga) - One of my all-time favorites that I spent many hours, if not weeks, playing. I'd play this one again. Or even just lay there and watch everything evolve via the demo.

GTA5 - Need a decent PC to play this seeing as I've completed all the other GTA games on my current PC.

Super Mario Bros 3 (SNES) - What?! I'm serious! I never had a SNES first time around (my brother had one though but he lived 130 miles from me) and I'd like to complete this one via emulation of course.

Resident Evil 2 or RE: Code Veronica(Playstation One) - Cracking versions imho. Just got to remember not to have the volume up too loud.
Old 18 April 2015, 00:34   #5
LuMan
Amigan - an loving it!!

Wow. What a great question... A bit like "do you believe in God?" But with an answer other people would like to hear

1. Any of the flicker-free games on the ZX80. So long as they're played on original hardware. A real demonstration of making a device do what it shouldn't. This train of thought led to coders making the Amiga do what it shouldn't to a much greater degree.

2. Doom. Not the first of a genre, but definitely the definition of a genre.

3. Archipelagos. The Amiga version. Just play it. Alone. You'll see what it means....

4. GTA. Any of them. But Vice City is the best and shows what happens when you get Ray Liotta to voice your character.

5. Final Fantasy VII - Playstation. Block a few weeks of calendar off and play this. Get some kleenex for the last bit!

I'll probably wake up at 2am with a load more.. too many more..
Old 28 May 2015, 15:13   #6
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuMan View Post
5. Final Fantasy VII - Playstation. Block a few weeks of calendar off and play this. Get some kleenex for the last bit!
Ugh, my infantile brain can't cope with the way that's written.

Seriously: The last bit? Perhaps you mean the end of disc 1, the famous Sephiroth VS Aeris scene?
Old 29 May 2015, 10:38   #7
LuMan
Amigan - an loving it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Seriously: The last bit? Perhaps you mean the end of disc 1, the famous Sephiroth VS Aeris scene?
Heh. No, I mean the fact that you've finally got to the end of about 3 months of playing 1 game constantly. But I see your point. The ending could have been a bit more gushy.... Or a bit more like the end of GTA: Vice City
Old 29 May 2015, 12:58   #8
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Three months? The game is big but not THAT big

I did have a lot of laughs with "the end" (which is no longer the end since Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children has come into existence). I once did a 100% completion play, which I don't really recommend, and had a character with 12 linked mastered counter attack materias. The final Jenova boss did one meager attack and was subsequently slaughtered with 12 slashes of 9999 damage.

Good times.
Old 29 May 2015, 16:32   #9
ransom1122

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (Wii)

Turrican 2

The Last Of Us (PS4/PS3)

Beyond Two Souls (ps3)

Future games include.

Quantum Break
Uncharted 4
MGS 5
Old 30 May 2015, 01:21   #10
rare_j
Zone Friend

I've always wanted to play Exile but not got round to it yet. I think I printed out the manual about ten years ago.
AdSense AdSense