English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 05 October 2014, 09:59   #41
amigafreak68k

Did you test on Mac OS X?

Have you also downloaded the special qemu-uae plugin?
Old 05 October 2014, 12:10   #42
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

I don't know what I did, but it works like a charm. Now perhaps I can follow your guide on how to get networking set up.

Frode, I apologize if this has been asked before, but will you eventually incorporate slirp into the main development builds.
Old 05 October 2014, 15:33   #43
mulder77

OK, so I have to wait. I assume you plan to integrate it into the regular beta version, right?

BTW, I have seen this has been discussed within the WinUAE threads, but I'd like to hear another oppinion on it. Is there any chance to integrate something like uaegfx into the PPC only world, say Amiga OS 4?

Before I forget: I really appreciate your work, especially as my systems are running Linux, so WinUAE is just for experimenting. So thank you both for the great work so far and I am really looking forward into seeing more development for OS4.
Old 05 October 2014, 16:44   #44
amigafreak68k

In case of PPC FS-UAE goes equal with WinUAE. I think, if things come to WinUAE they also come to FS-UAE - if they come...
Old 05 October 2014, 21:01   #45
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
Frode, I apologize if this has been asked before, but will you eventually incorporate slirp into the main development builds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder77 View Post
OK, so I have to wait. I assume you plan to integrate it into the regular beta version, right?
Yes, slirp will be enabled in the regular development versions when I'm satisfied everything is stable / OK. Right now, I need to reproduce / confirm some of @amigafreak68k's PPC testing results. Since the slirp feature currently depends on changes to the PPC implementation, that'll have to wait.

Quote:
BTW, I have seen this has been discussed within the WinUAE threads, but I'd like to hear another oppinion on it. Is there any chance to integrate something like uaegfx into the PPC only world, say Amiga OS 4?

Before I forget: I really appreciate your work, especially as my systems are running Linux, so WinUAE is just for experimenting. So thank you both for the great work so far and I am really looking forward into seeing more development for OS4.
I don't really see this happening (it would at least require someone very interested and skilled to put in a lot of effort). The existing uaegfx card integrates heavily with amigaos-m68k, and also there wouldn't be any uaegfx drivers for AmigaOS4 anyway (= someone would have to create that as well)...
Old 05 October 2014, 23:59   #46
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
In case of PPC FS-UAE goes equal with WinUAE. I think, if things come to WinUAE they also come to FS-UAE - if they come...
FS-UAE is Frode's baby. He can decide what features to implement in the emulator and what features should not be included. He has already decided not to add printer support, and I'm quite happy with this.
Old 08 October 2014, 15:29   #47
mulder77

OK, so what about emulating a CybervisionPPC?
Or did I miss the trick to have a 1280x1024x24 screen with a Picasso IV? Memory-wise it should fit, but I wasn't able to get it working.
Old 08 October 2014, 22:55   #48
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
OK, so what about emulating a CybervisionPPC?
Not sure there's any good existing emulation for that (Permedia 2). Not something I'll do for sure. See this post for another answer: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=965830&postcount=17.

Quote:
Or did I miss the trick to have a 1280x1024x24 screen with a Picasso IV? Memory-wise it should fit, but I wasn't able to get it working.
I don't know if that's supposed to work. You're assuming the full 4 MB RAM is available for one frame buffer, perhaps that's not the case (or perhaps the PIV framebuffer is really 32 bits per pixel, etc).

Anyway, quite off-topic for this thread!

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 08 October 2014 at 23:08.
Old 13 October 2014, 00:27   #49
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

2.5.19slirp (OS X build only): http://fs-uae.net/devel/2.5.19slirp/

(No QEMU-UAE update needed if you already have 3.3.0qemu2.1.0)
Old 13 October 2014, 20:02   #50
amigafreak68k

No problems with SLIRP on the new version. The download problems (corrupted data) with the latest version(s) are related to IBrowse. With OWB there are no damaged archives.
Old 13 October 2014, 20:03   #51
amigafreak68k

BTW: is the QEMU thing possible to use bridged networking instead of NAT?
Old 13 October 2014, 22:52   #52
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
No problems with SLIRP on the new version. The download problems (corrupted data) with the latest version(s) are related to IBrowse. With OWB there are no damaged archives.
Good I've also tested downloading files and browsing with AWeb on AmigaOS 4.1.

Quote:
BTW: is the QEMU thing possible to use bridged networking instead of NAT?
Yes and no. QEmu probably has some helper code for that too, but it's completely separate from the NAT code. So it would at least require additional development. It's not something have on my todo list.

(Btw, opening inbound ports is possible with the NAT/Slirp support, I haven't added support for that yet).
Old 13 October 2014, 23:00   #53
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Since both PPC and Slirp seems to be working well in the recent test versions, the slirp branch will probably be fully integrated in the next development version. That will allow Windows and Linux users to enjoy that too. It has only been tested on Linux and OS X, but there's no particular reason why it shouldn't work just fine on Windows too.
Old 14 October 2014, 21:25   #54
mulder77

Is there a way for me to compile the Slirp branch myself for Linux?
I haven't seen such branch on GitHub, is it non-public?