English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 04 February 2014, 20:24   #1
mark_k

ReSource 4.16, 5.0, 5.10, 6.01, 6.06

Hi,

Not a request, rather someone requested this. This is several versions of the ReSource interactive disassembler: 4.16, 5.0, 5.10, 6.01 and 6.06. Check the readme file in the archive.

Multiupload
Old 04 February 2014, 21:25   #2
copse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Hi,

Not a request, rather someone requested this. This is several versions of the ReSource interactive disassembler: 4.16, 5.0, 5.10, 6.01 and 6.06. Check the readme file in the archive.

Multiupload
Are they self-sourced disk images? Or tosec ones?
Old 04 February 2014, 21:59   #3
mark_k

Created from my original floppy disks.
Old 05 February 2014, 03:09   #4
copse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Created from my original floppy disks.
Excellent, I'm pretty sure one of the tosec versions is corrupt, and it'll be nice to have alternate sources.
Old 05 February 2014, 08:12   #5
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Thanks for this mark_k
Old 05 February 2014, 11:01   #6
RedskullDC
Digital Corruption

Hi All,

For completeness sake...
I've just uploaded version 6.00 to the zone as well.

Also imaged from my own disks.

Have version 6.03 here somewhere as well, will upload when I can find it....

Cheers,
Red
Old 06 February 2014, 23:14   #7
copse

If only I could add Resource 7 to this list.
Old 07 February 2014, 00:55   #8
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
it exists ?
Old 07 February 2014, 05:38   #9
copse

There is some situation I do not recall correctly about the licensing situation. The puzzle factory had the commercial license, and someone there fell out of contact or died. My vague recollection is that if this were to be cleared up we could buy Resource 7. Of course it never worked too well for me, there were graphics bugs and the feature where you run the executable in a custom version of metascope and it syncs and creates symbols in resource via arexx never worked for me.
Old 07 February 2014, 05:44   #10
copse

Quote:
Originally Posted by copse View Post
There is some situation I do not recall correctly about the licensing situation. The puzzle factory had the commercial license, and someone there fell out of contact or died. My vague recollection is that if this were to be cleared up we could buy Resource 7. Of course it never worked too well for me, there were graphics bugs and the feature where you run the executable in a custom version of metascope and it syncs and creates symbols in resource via arexx never worked for me.
Old 07 February 2014, 07:38   #11
JimDrew

I still might have a beta of 7. I beta tested Resource for Puzzle Factory. I still have my WinkBug too. I used that a LOT while debugging my Mac emulation and used Resource to disassemble the MacOS.
Old 07 February 2014, 18:06   #12
emufan

Quote:
... metascope ...
just found and zoned "Metascope - The Debugger 1.02 - 1986" - no diskimage for tosec, but someone may be interested.
Old 07 February 2014, 20:09   #13
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Is there any chance you have a newer version of MetaScope than v1.50? I actually bought it but it doesn't work with my 68060 . It's easier to use than BDebug but not as full featured or powerful. Does anyone know anyone from INOVAtronics? I would love to get the source code for MetaScope. Maybe I could add the smart disassembling of ADis when disassembling and debugging inside hunks with the ability to mark/edit and save code like Resource. Stepping through code could mark function calls and libraries by using SegTracker like BDebug. It would depend on the shape of the source of course. BDebug would be a good one to get the source to if Ralph isn't using for PPC MOS and would be willing.

Hey copse, is there any chance your disassembler with GUI could ever run on the Amiga or would it be easier to start over? How difficult would it be to turn into a Resource or debugger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I still might have a beta of 7. I beta tested Resource for Puzzle Factory. I still have my WinkBug too. I used that a LOT while debugging my Mac emulation and used Resource to disassemble the MacOS.
What is WinkBug? I've never heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
just found and zoned "Metascope - The Debugger 1.02 - 1986" - no diskimage for tosec, but someone may be interested.
Here is MetaScope v1.50 from 1992:

http://www.heywheel.com/matthey/Amiga/MetaScope.lha

Last edited by matthey; 07 February 2014 at 20:15.
Old 07 February 2014, 20:54   #14
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Here is MetaScope v1.50 from 1992:

http://www.heywheel.com/matthey/Amiga/MetaScope.lha
thanks

i zoned: ReSource v3.06 (1989)(Puzzle Factory)(Disk 1 of 1)[h Supplex].WRP
Old 07 February 2014, 22:16   #15
copse

Quote:
Ah, well, that would be a different 7. Let's keep this abstract, as I don't think the person I am talking about likes to have an internet presence. Say we call him Pete. Pete wrote a program and sold it to company Wuzzle Pactory. Then he no longer had the right to sell it himself. Wuzzle Pactory did their own modifications which include the buttons at the bottom of the screen, and other things. Think the UI difference between 4.0 and 6.0. Pete's 7, has 4.0 UI, and for that matter doesn't work right. Your 7 would be better for the community to have.
Old 07 February 2014, 22:32   #16
copse

Quote:
Is there any chance you have a newer version of MetaScope than v1.50?
As a matter of fact, kind of. "Pete", who we should continue to talk about in abstract, disassembled MetaScope and rewrote it to make his own improved version. However, I hope you understand, it wouldn't be fair to "Pete" to distribute what he gave me as that permission was never granted.
Quote:
Maybe I could add the smart disassembling of ADis when disassembling and debugging inside hunks with the ability to mark/edit and save code like Resource. Stepping through code could mark function calls and libraries by using SegTracker like BDebug. It would depend on the shape of the source of course. BDebug would be a good one to get the source to if Ralph isn't using for PPC MOS and would be willing.

Hey copse, is there any chance your disassembler with GUI could ever run on the Amiga or would it be easier to start over?
It only has two dependencies, Python and PySide. PySide is the Python bindings for the QT GUI framework. If PySide is available for the Amiga, you should be able to run it. Otherwise, you could start over, or you could write an alternative to the 'qtui.py' file that comes with my disassembler.

Quote:
How difficult would it be to turn into a Resource or debugger?
It would be easy to turn it into a Resource, you can already edit labels and change data types.

Turning it into a debugger is a bad idea. Better to have it just be the UI to debug a program, and to have it align the debugging with "resourcing" features. Debugging instead would be done by hooking up to WinUAE or vamos.
Old 08 February 2014, 04:47   #17
JimDrew

WinkBug is a box that plugs into the parallel port and has a parallel switcher built in. It has a LCD display that you can send debug data to. You open the WinkBug.library and make a function call to send a string to the display. It was really convenient for determining register values, post notifications, etc.
Old 08 February 2014, 15:41   #18
mark_k

Quote:
It would be interesting to see the v7 beta. Did they fix the absolute short addressing problem? That always bugged me when disassembling a game which had code/variables in low memory.
Old 10 February 2014, 06:36   #19
JimDrew

That problem was fixed in v6.x. That is a common addressing mode for the Mac, so I needed that fixed, v7 looked a lot like the screenshot above, I know that v7 was a complete re-write. It and Cygnus Ed got some updates to support video card systems better (no longer using blitter-based refreshing tricks that didn't work with Picasso96 and Cybergraphics).
Old 13 February 2014, 20:22   #20
emufan

Quote:
... However, I hope you understand, it wouldn't be fair to "Pete" to distribute what he gave me as that permission was never granted.
maybe i missed the important part, but is there a way to get in contact with "Pete" again and ask for his programs - or is it hopeless due to IP issues?
does "Wuzzle Pactory" still exists somewhere, somehow - so someone can ask them?