English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 March 2020, 03:20   #161
FREEMILK

pm me and i will hook you up with a proper board.
pm
Old 04 April 2020, 19:44   #162
FREEMILK

Sorry it took me a few days but it was mailed.
Old 18 January 2021, 16:25   #163
Vermehren

How to Install drivers for sd card reader

Hi

I recently bought an amiga 1200 to play WHDLoad games.

The Amiga came with a CF card hard disk with a lot of games installed. Many of the games wouldn't load because of shortness of ram and I would like to easely transfer more games to the harddisk from my pc.

I found the A1200SDE+ from Amiga On The Lake, and i thought that it would solve bot my problems in one package: Add more ram and let me transfer files using the inbuild sd card reader.

I'm new to the Amiga so I don't know how to install drivers or how I can get the card working.

I got some files in a lha compressed file and I managed to get this file together with lha.run on a floppy disk that the Amiga can read.

I tried to reach out to the seller on Amiga On The Lake but he just give med som nonsense back and then stopped answering.

How do I install the driver so that I can use the sd card reader on the A1200SDE+? Please help.
Old 18 January 2021, 17:54   #164
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermehren View Post
Hi

I recently bought an amiga 1200 to play WHDLoad games.

The Amiga came with a CF card hard disk with a lot of games installed. Many of the games wouldn't load because of shortness of ram and I would like to easely transfer more games to the harddisk from my pc.

I found the A1200SDE+ from Amiga On The Lake, and i thought that it would solve bot my problems in one package: Add more ram and let me transfer files using the inbuild sd card reader.

I'm new to the Amiga so I don't know how to install drivers or how I can get the card working.

I got some files in a lha compressed file and I managed to get this file together with lha.run on a floppy disk that the Amiga can read.

I tried to reach out to the seller on Amiga On The Lake but he just give med som nonsense back and then stopped answering.

How do I install the driver so that I can use the sd card reader on the A1200SDE+? Please help.
Hi Vermehren, hopefully this video will help as a starter - please ask any questions if anything is unclear and hopefully I (or someone else) can clear things up for you.

Note that he initially talks about Roadshow - that's a TCP-IP stack for Amiga, if you aren't using SPI Ethernet you can skip that bit! SD Card stuff starts at 5m 10s

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 19 January 2021, 13:31   #165
Vermehren

I'm sorry but to me it seems that in the video he more or less just show the end result. Not how to get there.

Having this SD icon on the workbench is exactly what I want, but how did he achieve this and what is that about Fat95, what is it used for? I tryed to install Fat95 by downloading the files and clicking the installation icon, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Can anybody please do a list of steps on what to do to get the SD card mounted on the workbench. Please. Thanks.
Old 19 January 2021, 16:33   #166
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Fat95 is the filesystem handler, and allows the Amiga to understand disks formatted using FAT32 - as most memory cards and pendrives are.

With that installed, you then need to install the device driver and mountlist for the SD Card.

The device driver is 'spisd.device' and goes in the Devs folder on your boot partition.

The mountlist tells AmigaOS how to mount the device using the filesystem (fat95) and the driver (spisd.device). It is called SD0 and goes in the Devs/DOSDrivers folder on your boot partition.

So to summarise:
  1. Install fat95
  2. Copy spisd.device to the Devs folder on your boot partition
  3. Copy SD0 to Devs/DOSDrivers on your boot partition
Old 19 January 2021, 17:54   #167
mkstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Fat95 is the filesystem handler, and allows the Amiga to understand disks formatted using FAT32 - as most memory cards and pendrives are.

With that installed, you then need to install the device driver and mountlist for the SD Card.

The device driver is 'spisd.device' and goes in the Devs folder on your boot partition.

The mountlist tells AmigaOS how to mount the device using the filesystem (fat95) and the driver (spisd.device). It is called SD0 and goes in the Devs/DOSDrivers folder on your boot partition.

So to summarise:
  1. Install fat95
  2. Copy spisd.device to the Devs folder on your boot partition
  3. Copy SD0 to Devs/DOSDrivers on your boot partition
And you can get the SD driver package from my website here: https://www.mike-stirling.com/all-downloads/

(where it says "Amiga Drivers for ENC28J60 ethernet and SD card via K1208 board")

Mike
Old 26 January 2021, 16:05   #168
Vermehren

Black screen of death

I got the SD card working now and it is a joy.
Tanks to indigolemon for explaining it in a way I could understand.

Now I got all excited and wanted to get the network going also.
I followed the guide https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40 that patrik did and then installed IBrowse. IBrowse needs MUI to work http://aminet.net/search?query=mui38usr be sure to unpack it on the Amiga not your PC or it won't worke.

Everything worked fine for a while but then the Amiga started to hange whith a black screen when booting up. At first it only faild sometimes but now it won't start at all any more.

The green ligth goes on permanently and the yellow ligth flashes on the network module. I got my module together with the A1200SDE+ from Amiga On The Lake.

I tryed to disconect the network module and I also tryed to remove the A1200SDE+ card comleatly, but nothing change.

Please help.
Old 26 January 2021, 16:36   #169
brett71

Are these cards still being produced? AOTL shows them as unavailable currently. I wish I would've known about these instead of buying the A1200 memory expansions that I did.

I'm assuming that the SD card and network will still function with the card at the full 8MB?
Old 26 January 2021, 19:47   #170
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Everything worked fine for a while but then the Amiga started to hange whith a black screen when booting up. At first it only faild sometimes but now it won't start at all any more.

The green ligth goes on permanently and the yellow ligth flashes on the network module. I got my module together with the A1200SDE+ from Amiga On The Lake.
Hi Vermehren, that's great you got it all working, but not so good your Amiga is acting up.

If you power on while holding down both mouse buttons do you get the early boot menu for the 1200?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett71 View Post
Are these cards still being produced? AOTL shows them as unavailable currently. I wish I would've known about these instead of buying the A1200 memory expansions that I did.

I'm assuming that the SD card and network will still function with the card at the full 8MB?
Can't answer the first question, but to answer the second, yes. Full 8MB with SD card and network.
Old 27 January 2021, 08:35   #171
Vermehren

Quote:
If you power on while holding down both mouse buttons do you get the early boot menu for the 1200?
Yes indigolemon I do get a early boot menu like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	early boot menu.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	892.2 KB
ID:	70630

If I go into the boot options I get presented with these choices:

Name:	early boot options.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	799.3 KB
ID:	70631

Any ides what to do from here?
I could try to change some of the settings but I'm afraid that I might brick the Amiga.

Last edited by Vermehren; 27 January 2021 at 11:11.
Old 27 January 2021, 12:11   #172
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Good morning Vermehren,

As a first step, lets try seeing exactly where your Amiga stops booting.

From the early boot menu, choose 'Boot with no Startup Sequence' - you should arrive at a CLI.

In there, type ed S:Startup-Sequence and you will be looking at the systems startup sequence in a text editor.

At the very top of this file, add a new line and put the following in it:

Code:
Set Echo On
You can then use the mouse to save and quit from the menus at the top. Once that's done, restart the machine and it will print out where it gets to in the startup-sequence as it boots.

Let us know, and we can go from there.
Old 27 January 2021, 13:10   #173
Vermehren

I get this in CLI:

Name:	boot sequence.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	1,018.3 KB
ID:	70632
Old 27 January 2021, 13:30   #174
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

I thought we might stick at that point, that looks like we're stopping when trying to initialise the network card.

Ok, please boot with no startup sequence again, and edit the startup sequence once more. You can remove the line with Set Echo On and save that file - easiest way is to ensure the cursor is on that line, and use the edit menu to delete line.

Next please open S:User-Startup in ed, and scroll down the file till you find the line If EXISTS S:Network-Startup.

Add a ; (semicolon) at the start of that line, the Execute S:Network-Startup line, and the EndIf line. It should look like:

Code:
;If EXISTS S:Network-Startup
;    Execute S:Network-Startup
;EndIf
Then save the file, when you reboot, i'm hoping it boots as normal now.
Old 27 January 2021, 13:47   #175
Vermehren

It dos boots as normal now and I can load files from the SD card also.
But obviously the network access is not working now.

Last edited by Vermehren; 27 January 2021 at 14:04.
Old 27 January 2021, 14:24   #176
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
It dos boots as normal now and I can load files from the SD card also.
But obviously the network access is not working now.
Yes, we can manually try starting the network now you have a working system again which should hopefully make things easier to troubleshoot

As you are using Roadshow there is a little utility I wrote called Roadie you can grab here: https://aminet.net/package/comm/net/Roadie

With that, try clicking the Connect button and see what you get?
Old 27 January 2021, 15:06   #177
Vermehren

Quote:
try clicking the Connect button and see what you get?
This is the result when pressing the connect button:

Name:	Connect.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	70635

This is the result of Show and Get net status:

Name:	Show net status.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	70633 Click image for larger version

Name:	Get net status.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	70634

Last edited by Vermehren; 27 January 2021 at 15:26.
Old 27 January 2021, 15:33   #178
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Ok - lets try it from the CLI, can you go to the System folder on your boot disk and start Shell

Run the following command:

Code:
AddNetInterface DEVS:NetInterfaces/~(#?.info)
And see what it says?
Old 27 January 2021, 15:49   #179
Vermehren

Quote:
And see what it says?
It just hangs
Old 27 January 2021, 16:05   #180
npagonis73

Hi there. I am also using Roadshow so I will try to help. I assume you have roadshow installed. If you do then since the problem seems to be the bsdsocket.library, check k if the library is actually in your libs. In any case I would copy again the bsdsocket.library from Roadshow installation into my libs folder and try again. Tell us what happens.