English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09 January 2021, 20:21   #3581
PeterK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hangover
Posts: 2,827
Using IconCopier with the bug that I mentioned could make the system unstable. It's an old tool and I don't know if Mark Ritter still supports it with bug fixes.

Usually, RemLib should be executed before the first program tries to access icon.library. On Aros 68k IPrefs seems not to call icon.library as it is done on AmigaOS, so you're lucky and it may work even from user-startup. But in case that any program opens icon.library before RemLib is executed it would load it from the Aros Rom into memory and installing my library later from Libs: may fail.

The transparent disk icon in your video could be a ghosted deficon, a disk without an existing disk.info file. If your don't like that you could add the tooltype "NoGhost" to Envarc:Sys/def_disk.info (or what it is) or use "IconGhostingOff".

You are trying to rename some icons in your video with Icon->Information by changing the path. Nobody says that this would work. Why don't you use Icon->Rename instead? There is nothing at the path "Ram:downlod" and it should fail.

Sorry, concerning Alerts and Crashes of Wanderer I can't help you, that are covert Aros features, I guess ...
PeterK is offline  
Old 09 January 2021, 20:40   #3582
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Using IconCopier with the bug that I mentioned could make the system unstable. It's an old tool and I don't know if Mark Ritter still supports it with bug fixes.

Usually, RemLib should be executed before the first program tries to access icon.library. On Aros 68k IPrefs seems not to call icon.library as it is done on AmigaOS, so you're lucky and it may work even from user-startup. But in case that any program opens icon.library before RemLib is executed it would load it from the Aros Rom into memory and installing my library later from Libs: may fail.
Yes it's true, but I have to be honest I never noticed any anomaly, even in the video I used RemLib in the User-startup and it seems to me that everything worked fine


Quote:
The transparent disk icon in your video could be a ghosted deficon, a disk without an existing disk.info file. If your don't like that you could add the tooltype "NoGhost" to Envarc:Sys/def_disk.info (or what it is) or use "IconGhostingOff".
No this happens with all the icons, if I set the "Fix" command the colors come back, and I use the Def icons with the "Nightly Build".

If I run Dopus5 "by AROS One" the icons are not transparent, see screnshot

Quote:
You are trying to rename some icons in your video with Icon->Information by changing the path. Nobody says that this would work. Why don't you use Icon->Rename instead? There is nothing at the path "Ram:downlod" and it should fail.

No, it was just to show that with the folder icon it didn't crash.
By the way, another bug, if you try to rename an icon (without files) from Wanderere the system crashesa

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 19 January 2021 at 18:05.
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 09 January 2021, 21:15   #3583
PeterK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hangover
Posts: 2,827
Yes, DOpus5 has no support for ghosting.

Did you check whether there really was a #?.info file for that transparent icon, and if not whether it was created (becoming a real icon) by fixing it? Did you try "IconGhostingOff" ?

I don't have the latest Aros installed to test that (it's still from October 2020). So, I'm not up to date with the latest issues, need to download it again ...
PeterK is offline  
Old 09 January 2021, 21:51   #3584
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Yes, DOpus5 has no support for ghosting.
Did you try "IconGhostingOff" ?
No tried now and it works perfectly "IconGhostingOff" , now all the icons are well visible, thank you !
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 10 January 2021, 09:40   #3585
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post

Sorry, concerning Alerts and Crashes of Wanderer I can't help you, that are covert Aros features, I guess ...
Solved, Fixed the error

After going through the system file by file i found the culprit was the file named "Info" path:

SYS:System/Wanderer/Tools/Info

Replaced it with the version released last night and the problem is solved
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 10 January 2021, 18:28   #3586
PeterK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hangover
Posts: 2,827
Update to icon.library 46.4.542:

Just two small changes: 1.) In some applications like YAM icons didn't have a transparent background (mask) and its deficons were ghosted (ie. for attachments). 2.) zlib.library is no longer opened by default at Init(), but is loaded only on demand by "ConvertPNGtoOS4" or when Eastern writes its preview icons to disk. I'm still waiting for OS 3.2 to test the new features (only in v51, not included in v46 yet).

Last edited by PeterK; 10 January 2021 at 19:26.
PeterK is offline  
Old 11 January 2021, 08:50   #3587
gulliver
BoingBagged

 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The South of nowhere
Age: 42
Posts: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Update to icon.library 46.4.542:
I'm still waiting for OS 3.2 to test the new features (only in v51, not included in v46 yet).
Let me know, and I can give you a hand.
gulliver is offline  
Old 11 January 2021, 12:44   #3588
PeterK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hangover
Posts: 2,827
Thanks, in case that the NDK is already available now, you could send me a download link, if you like and are allowed to do that. I hope the NDK is still for free.
PeterK is offline  
Old 14 January 2021, 20:33   #3589
PeterK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hangover
Posts: 2,827
Does somebody still have IconLib_46.4.229.lha and IconLib_46.4.230.lha or the asm source files (from 2012)?

All old lha packages from build #165 up to build #269 are also missing in my collection since two HDDs died many years ago. Everything else still exists and some versions in this range too, but with many gaps.

Last edited by PeterK; 16 January 2021 at 14:51.
PeterK is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ClassicWB Full and icon.library 46.4 Retroplay project.ClassicWB 8 05 August 2018 14:57
WB library conflict/versions Akira support.Apps 3 22 July 2010 19:47
PNG Icon to Color Icon Converter? Leandro Jardim request.Apps 1 24 May 2010 05:39
What's the latest version of icon.library for OS3.9? NovaCoder support.Apps 3 30 June 2009 16:43
Requesting icon.library v44+... nikvest request.Other 2 16 September 2007 02:58

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.23277 seconds with 15 queries