English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 30 May 2020, 22:51   #21
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigatime View Post
I was tempted with this one because it's on Amazon Prime, and reviews suggest it's a quality unit. However, VGP includes the Kaico in its disapproval of 'bootleg' versions. This should perhaps be taken with a pinch of salt as the Kaico brand is competition, after all:

https://videogameperfection.com/2019...bootleg-osscs/
I don't see any lack of quality in my KAICO version, the PCB is fine, no bottom sticker asking for VGP support, and the RGB/Ypbr inputs are well inserted, no PCB bending.
It has exactly the same finish as you can see from the VGP pictures.
Perhaps they have sold cheap chinese version at a time but mine was bought in august 2019. So perhaps i've been lucky, but for me it's not a low quality one

EDIT : I've bought it from the KAICO seller, not other third party seller who sell KAICO models

Last edited by Rochabian; 30 May 2020 at 23:01.
Old 31 May 2020, 03:20   #22
reno

I also have the KAICO version, no specific complaints.

But an issue that's probably here with all OSSCs : some games / demos switch resolutions and that causes my monitor on the HDMI side to lose sync for 1-2 seconds, which means black screen + sound getting cut off.

For example Andromeda - Nexus 7 does that, and I haven't found a workaround. Also using the OSSC with my Amstrad 6128+ and getting the same problem with some demos.

I wish the OSSC could somehow smooth this out.
Old 31 May 2020, 06:53   #23
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

1-2 seconds resolution switch is pretty good. The Framemeister usually takes 3-5 seconds and more. The length of the delay also depends on your TV/monitor devices. Some switches faster than others.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 31 May 2020 at 07:19.
Old 07 June 2021, 17:52   #24
reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
1-2 seconds resolution switch is pretty good. The Framemeister usually takes 3-5 seconds and more. The length of the delay also depends on your TV/monitor devices. Some switches faster than others.
Old thread but I had never replied to this : The sound also drops out for a few seconds, which completely ruins demos and many games.

What really bugs me is that cheap 20€/£ SCART-HDMI adapters don't have this problem !

It's not like the OSSC needs to immediately switch the *output* resolution when the *input* drops or changes : why doesn't it just output a black image at the same resolution until the input syncs again ?