English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 10 August 2016, 16:58   #61
StarQuake

If you mount another linux drive that has permissions set it will enforce it. Do not change permissions, it will break the install.

You can become root by doing either:
Code:
sudo -s -H
(type your own password)
or
Code:
su -
(type the root password)

If you only want to run 1 command as root use:
Code:
sudo ls -al
For example to run
sudo ls -al
as root

After copying you might wanna change the owner of the copied files to be the same as the folder.

Check current owner userid and groupid using
ls -aln

There are two columns. The first one is the userid, second one is group id

Then change the owner using: (-R means recursive and I used 123 and 456 as an example userid/groupid)
Code:
chown -R 123:456 /name/of/folder

Last edited by StarQuake; 10 August 2016 at 17:03. Reason: Added some more info
Old 10 August 2016, 18:09   #62
steveh

cheers will look into it
Old 11 August 2016, 14:39   #63
ransom1122

I think someone should start a new thread for Amibian. Ive tried it on my over clocked rpi2 and its fantastic. Fast like lightning no crappy retro pi or other bloat junk. Emu loads instantly.

I'm very impressed.
Old 11 August 2016, 16:14   #64
ali-b

Hi Chips
I've been trying to get UAE4ARM to compile for the C.H.I.P. SBC
I've forked UAE4ARM to https://github.com/abrugsch/uae4arm-rpi/tree/CHIP and adjusted the Makefile to have some chip specific cpu settings (armv7-a etc) and the way I have it set up in that fork it builds fine but i'm wondering what I can do to improve it (if anything.)

The datasheet for the Allwinner R8 says it has NEON. will serring the HAVE_NEON flag make a difference? and the datasheet says the fpu is vfpv3. what do i need to set -mfpu to? (or does that make no difference in this case?)

also is the define -DARMV6T2 necessary? it's a arm V7-a CPU...

Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to linux makefiles and larger projects like this (windows programmers eh? )
I'd like to get this running as well optimized as possible as CPU power isn't massive on this device...
My aim is to get it running nice on the pocketCHIP:

https://vine.co/v/5bgIBeT3vbD

the resolution makes it hard (480x272) as the menu is bigger than the screen!
but also the restricted keyboard means there's even less scope for menu-keys. (at the moment F11 and F12 are on Fn+[+] and Fn+[-] but when UAE is running the Fn combos are ignored, so only left alt works...

anyway, thanks for the project!
Old 12 August 2016, 03:47   #65
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Anyone tried Amibian yet?

Its very good, and is everything I have waited a long time for.
I had some time today, and I tried it, and got somewhat mixed feeling about it.

First, while it had no issue with KS 1.2 - 2.04, it could not recognize 3.1 for A4000/T. Kickstart 3.1 for A1200 does work fine, which is more strange. (get just black screen with KS for A4000)

I could not get mouse and joystick to work at the same time, which is kind of annoying with hitting F11 every time you go out from game to WB. I don't know how folks got P96 to work, for me it just does not work right. (not correct resolution/collors), and it is kind of pointless without at least 800/600 resolution.

I installed my ClassicWB Full, and works fine, but I've noticed couple of games have sound issues?! Same games worked fine on RaspberyPi setup with UAE4ARM?!

Now, reason I kind of don't like it - with RetroPie, I have modified samba to share my WHDLoad and floppy folders (even you can access all files on RPi), making it easy to move stuff between Amiga and PC. Sure, I can install Samba and set it up... but not being out of box deal... someone not used to *nix might have issues moving files.

I did not have much issue with using MC, but it is not as good as use of DirOpus on Workbench.

One thing I really would love to see is uae-config to work inside emulator, making changes to emulator from within WB - this would make it possible to slow down emulator automatically when WHDLoad game starts, and once you exit WHDLoad - to move seep back to fast.

It would be also super cool to have option to shutdown emulator from within Workbench.

So overall, emulator is great, it is nice to be able to boot directly into Workbench, but with all pros for RPi, I will probably store this setup in drawer, and use my RPi.
Old 12 August 2016, 05:49   #66
ransom1122

I did to try itand its pretty good. Simple and fast.
My kick31 worked fine with AGA games.
Also noticed Swiv was slow. But change floppy drive speed to normal and game was fine.
Old 12 August 2016, 14:23   #67
fryguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

I installed my ClassicWB Full, and works fine, but I've noticed couple of games have sound issues?! Same games worked fine on RaspberyPi setup with UAE4ARM?!
I don't own a RPi 3 but according to some youtube videos i saw, audio issues might be because your psu is too weak. It's easy to find out though, do you get a rainbow colored logo to the upper right when you boot your RPi ?
Old 12 August 2016, 14:49   #68
Anubis
Retro Gamer

No issues with the same PSU and RetroPie, and no rainbow colored log on boot. Might take a look at what might cause game to run like that when I got more time....
Old 13 August 2016, 21:20   #69
voxel
Amiga Nuts!

Exclamation

Quote:
it could not recognize 3.1 for A4000/T. Kickstart 3.1 for A1200 does work fine, which is more strange. (get just black screen with KS for A4000)
there is is no workbench.library in the A4000-T kick 3.1 ! you have to add it to libs: to not have that black screen ^^)
Old 14 August 2016, 16:49   #70
rare_j
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
I think someone should start a new thread for Amibian. Ive tried it on my over clocked rpi2 and its fantastic. Fast like lightning no crappy retro pi or other bloat junk. Emu loads instantly.

I'm very impressed.
Is it just an image of raspbian lite set to autologin and autostart uae4arm? Or is there other extra clever stuff going on with it?
Old 14 August 2016, 23:36   #71
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
Is it just an image of raspbian lite set to autologin and autostart uae4arm? Or is there other extra clever stuff going on with it?
I think it's what you said. But people with no linux experience it serves its purpose.
Old 15 August 2016, 18:49   #72
Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali-b View Post
The datasheet for the Allwinner R8 says it has NEON. will serring the HAVE_NEON flag make a difference?
Yes, it should be better. It enable some hand-made ASM Neon code.

Quote:
and the datasheet says the fpu is vfpv3.what do i need to set -mfpu to? (or does that make no difference in this case?)
Plain -mfpu=neon should do the trick... (it means basically neon + vfpv3)

https://community.arm.com/groups/too...-command-lines

Quote:
also is the define -DARMV6T2 necessary? it's a arm V7-a CPU...
It should be better with it activated: if i remember well compiling without it leads to use even older ARM architecture asm code...
Old 15 August 2016, 20:43   #73
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
Actually it is far less handy than RetroPie image fixed to boot into single emulator. With no samba/networking setup it means only way to copy / move games/HDFs is with USB and MC.
Old 15 August 2016, 23:29   #74
ransom1122

Quote:
Actually it is far less handy than RetroPie image fixed to boot into single emulator. With no samba/networking setup it means only way to copy / move games/HDFs is with USB and MC.
Everything is stripped down for speed. I has to install bluetooth driver and it worked.
Old 22 August 2016, 01:09   #75
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Everything is stripped down for speed. I has to install bluetooth driver and it worked.

RetroPie UAE4ARM is faster than Amiga 1200 with good turbo board. I really have no need for anything faster, and actually when using WHDLoad it is recommend to switch to normal Amiga speed and disabling of JIT.

It runs very nice...
Old 17 September 2016, 15:46   #76
steveh

I've only just noticed that xbox360 pad dont work

nor a cheap pc playstation type pad

Edit:

Solved With $sudo apt-get install xboxdrv, happy days

Last edited by steveh; 18 September 2016 at 02:46.
Old 18 September 2016, 01:13   #77
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Theres an example of Quake running on HAPPIGA, I would guess that this can also run fine on any PI 3 Linux distro running uae4arm?
Old 20 September 2016, 12:46   #78
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
I've only just noticed that xbox360 pad dont work

nor a cheap pc playstation type pad

Edit:

Solved With $sudo apt-get install xboxdrv, happy days
What are you using it on? Last RetroPie I used had it already installed. (3.8.1)
Old 21 September 2016, 11:53   #79
steveh

Sorry I forgot to mention It was Amibian so as i say it was solved by my post above, TBH I was surprised it worked as I really dont understand the workings of the os, it was a stab in the dark that payed off.
Old 20 October 2016, 15:22   #80
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

I tried out Amibian today and initially had some trouble with the screen resolution but I found editing /boot/config.txt fixed that.

What I am stuck on though is that whenever I start the emulation, everything looks really blurry. I don't know if it uses some sort of linear filtering but I can't find an option to turn it on or off.