Old 03 March 2015, 14:39   #1
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Send a message via Skype™ to lubomyr
Uae4all2 has been removed from the Google Play Store

Today uae4all2 has been removed from the Google Play Store

original message
----------------------------------------------------
This is a notification that your application, Uae4all2, with package ID pandora.uae4all.sdl, has been removed from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR SUSPENSION: Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the IP infringement and impersonation policy help article for more information.

- Your app and/or elements of its listing on Google Play, including title, description, logo(s), or promotional screenshots must not include unauthorized usage of protected works belonging to a third party.
- Your app icon and promotional screenshots must not contain images that appear confusingly similar to existing products.

This particular app has been disabled as a policy strike. If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a policy compliant version of this application as a new package name.

This notification also serves as notice for other apps in your catalog. You can avoid further app suspensions by immediately ensuring that no other apps in your catalog are in violation of (but not limited to) the above policy. Please also ensure your apps’ compliance with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this suspension.

The Google Play Team

---------------------------------

Any ideas, What is wrong ?

Last edited by lubomyr; 03 March 2015 at 14:46.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 March 2015, 14:55   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Proberly this.

- Your app and/or elements of its listing on Google Play, including title, description, logo(s), or promotional screenshots must not include unauthorized usage of protected works belonging to a third party.
- Your app icon and promotional screenshots must not contain images that appear confusingly similar to existing products.

Either someone has genuine concern or someone wants your emulator of the Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
Today uae4all2 has been removed from the Google Play Store

original message
----------------------------------------------------
This is a notification that your application, Uae4all2, with package ID pandora.uae4all.sdl, has been removed from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR SUSPENSION: Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the IP infringement and impersonation policy help article for more information.

This particular app has been disabled as a policy strike. If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a policy compliant version of this application as a new package name.

This notification also serves as notice for other apps in your catalog. You can avoid further app suspensions by immediately ensuring that no other apps in your catalog are in violation of (but not limited to) the above policy. Please also ensure your apps’ compliance with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this suspension.

The Google Play Team

---------------------------------

Any ideas, What is wrong ?
Old 03 March 2015, 15:03   #3
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Probably it can be related with games which appeared at google-play lately: as SuperFrog
I think some screenshots as SuperFrog and UFO must be removed.

It is my guess
Old 03 March 2015, 15:03   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I notice that Oscar Orallo Pelaez & Stephane Dallongueville (the authors of the FAMEC m68k emulator) and fdave (who did the Cyclone 68k emulator) before notaz took over are missing from the Authors list.

But I imagine that it is to do with the images used in the app page as has been said.
Old 03 March 2015, 16:02   #5
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Wtf?
Old 03 March 2015, 16:41   #6
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Ouch. Probably has to do with the screenshots, just leave images of the menus and it should be fine.

Also be careful to not include any copyrighted symbols in the icon.
Old 03 March 2015, 18:47   #7
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Crazy if it is to do with images. As the other two emulators have nice boing balls, .
Old 03 March 2015, 19:56   #8
amiga1200gamer

I remember this happened to Retroarch/libretro as well last year. Dont know if they ever got a proper reason off google.

Fustrating that free open source emulators get blocked, yet the play store is saturated with PAID emulators that are nothing more than fancy frontends for GPL code....
Old 03 March 2015, 21:06   #9
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
This must be a case of possible a dev that has objected to the emulator up there running their games and the fact that no real reason has been given doesn't help the matter either.

I would suspect that this is either a personal attack on it been there by somebody claiming to be a copyright holder of something the emulator represents, second that a AUP has been breached on SDK code that somebody has not released for free (a wild guess this) or that the "Amiga™" has been complained about from somebody.

If this is the case of any of the above, I would fear not, as you can simple release the latest versions of the APK file and simply add an "New Update Available!" within the app if it is connected to the internet and get it to people that way, post it here and other Amiga related forums and sites too.

I wouldn't worry to much about it, If Google think that it's illegal that's their loss, I'm sure and hope this matter will be addressed for you and that it re-appears on the Play Store for you, but it's not necessary as I've explained.

have a good one.
Old 03 March 2015, 23:49   #10
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Is there a contact link in their Help Centre so you can get a proper explanation?

Anyway, this kind of stunt they have pulled is just another reason to avoid developing for or using any platform that has curated app stores. Best not to be at the mercy of these awful companies.

Last edited by Minuous; 04 March 2015 at 00:30.
Old 03 March 2015, 23:53   #11
lesta_smsc

I strongly suspect it is due to the other "paid for" emulators available which yours is competing with (and doing a better job - I've used them!).

I would strongly alter the images - it might be worth highlighting in the description something like:

"Please note, the images are of public domain material and this project does not condone the running of copyright material" bla bla...

How have other emulators got away with it? There must be something which is going amiss.

Have you tried to contact Google Play regarding this to get some clarification?
Old 04 March 2015, 05:14   #12
ransom1122

Like everyone said. If they're not going to give you a proper explanation as to why. Then change your images on the list. And re submit.
Someone is trying to give you a virtual uppercut.
Old 04 March 2015, 09:14   #13
modrobert
old bearded fool

As others pointed out, try changing some images, and good luck.

The core problem is that a single corporation is controlling the store system for billions of Android devices, not the removal in itself. This is not necessarily about legal issues, what it boils down to is that the store owner can remove anything for any reason while giving any bullshit excuse to do so, it's their store.

The whole trend of corporations globally owning shop and payment infrastructure on internet is going against the principals of a free market, and we are starting to see the negative effects of it.
Old 04 March 2015, 15:45   #14
pgarcia

Sometimes it happens to be caught in a bulk removal due to some general complain. I believe the app is not distribute with the kickstart rom or any other copyrighted software, right?

Yes, maybe try to change the images using something known to be open source (maybe a homebrew game) or some of the setup UI and resubmit.

In the main time, you should ask for clarification, but I doubt you gonna get the exact reason.

Please, let us know how it develops!

Cheers

Paulo Garcia
http://www.VintageIsTheNewOld.com

Old 04 March 2015, 18:47   #15
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

App been distributed only with aros kickroms (which is open sourced).
AmigaOS Kickstart ROM not been included in package.
Old 04 March 2015, 21:59   #16
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

I published uae4all2 at google play store again
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nddev.uae4all2
with new package name:

new: atua.anddev.uae4all2
old: pandora.uae4all.sdl

I published it only with two screenshots of menu. Without any screen of games, demos or workbench.

Warning: This version only for device with NEON support.
For device without neon support, as tegra2, probably will be published separate version later

Especially big thanks to Sergiy aka pelya for providing support and donation for new google play account.

Last edited by lubomyr; 04 March 2015 at 22:50.
Old 05 March 2015, 20:18   #17
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Gratz on solving it very fast!

I've no idea what that NEON thing is (have multiple Android devices ), installed fine on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) and will try later Samsung Galaxy 3 tablets - kidz version. might be fun for my little girl to play lemings on her tablet
Old 01 April 2016, 19:19   #18
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Uae4all2 has been removed from google-play again

original message:

Hi Developers at Lyubomyr Lisen,

After review, Uae4all2, atua.anddev.uae4all2, has been suspended and removed from Google Play as a policy strike because it violates the impersonation policy.

Next Steps

Read through the Impersonation policy for more details and examples of policy violations.
Make sure your app is compliant with the Impersonation and Intellectual Property policy and all other policies listed in the Developer Program Policies. Remember additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
Sign in to your Developer Console and submit the policy compliant app using a new package name and a new app name.

What if I have permission to use the content?

Contact our support team to provide a justification for its use. Justification may include providing proof that you are authorized to use the content in your app or some other legal justification.

Additional suspensions of any nature may result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and/or the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and transaction fees) from you.

If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this suspension may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

Regards,

The Google Play Review Team

---------------------------------------------

What can be wrong this time ?
Any ideas ?
Old 01 April 2016, 21:41   #19
Akira

Are you using a boing ball icon or some such shit?
Some jackass owning Amiga IP might be fucking you over.

I guess it is within your rights to reach out to the policy support team and ask for more details. Wondering isn't going to do you any good.
Old 01 April 2016, 22:34   #20
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Are you using a boing ball icon or some such shit?
Some jackass owning Amiga IP might be fucking you over
Checking on the playstore and uae4droid uses the boing ball as an icon still so I guess it's not that?... But I guess it could be anything if someone wants to be anal about it??

It's very strange they keep pulling this emulator though and I hope.you can get it sorted?
AdSense AdSense