English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 November 2013, 15:20   #1
Comiga

880 Gamer - Issue 2 out now!

Hi there everyone, I am please to announce that issue 2 of 880 Gamer is now available for download.

http://www.users.on.net/~stanners/

I was blown away by the response issue 1 with over a thousand hits, so although it took a while here is issue 2 which I hope you all enjoy. Please spread the word to anyone else that may also be interested in other sites.

It is labelled as November, so I managed to get it uploaded 10 minutes before December here in Australia

I will continue to do these although they will be a little random and not the bi monthly as first intended. Thankfully I had some time off overseas so I was able to finish it off.

Anyway, have a look and hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think or drop me a line at 880Gamer@gmail.com and I will publish it in the next issue

Thanks for all your support.
Old 30 November 2013, 17:26   #2
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Very well written and extremely nostalgic. The reviews are well detailed without going on and on. The inclusion of original adverts is a nice touch too although the one for Bill's Tomato Game brought a tear to my eye being from the now defunct Psynosis company lol.

Thumbs up from me! Look forward to the next issue.
Old 30 November 2013, 17:43   #3
emufan

nice magazine, i like it:
Quote:
I am sure the guys at Commodore are talking with their lawyers as
we speak for infringing on some sort of intellectual and design patents.
Old 30 November 2013, 18:15   #4
Specksynder

This magazine brings back sweet memories...
Thanks for sharing
Old 30 November 2013, 21:39   #5
prowler
Global Moderator

Hey Comiga, this issue is as good as the first!

Keep up the good work!
Old 01 December 2013, 02:50   #6
Comiga

Thanks everyone, I am glad you all enjoy it! I was unsure about the news piece as it was a little more like a personal opinion piece than news. Anyways, I forgot to mention there is a big movement here in Aus to save the original NBN so here is hoping the government listens (although this one seems quite deaf... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy View Post
The inclusion of original adverts is a nice touch too although the one for Bill's Tomato Game brought a tear to my eye being from the now defunct Psynosis company lol.
Yeah, its a shame that Sony finally broke Psygnosis up (under the name of Team Liverpool in more recent years for those that did not know). WipeOut on PS1 was the reason I gave in and bought a Play Station!

Something I found interesting when writing issue 1, the Wiz n Liz advert from Psygnosis I used is actually from the box art and not an advert, and when I looked at the back scan of the box at the bottom it Actually has the Sony logo, with "A member of the Sony group of companies" under it. This is back in '93, so Sony had already bought them back then which I had not realised at the time as we didn't have the internet reporting every single little bit of information back then like we do now

Of course a quick look at Wikipedia would have told me that... but I found it interesting anyways.
Old 01 December 2013, 02:58   #7
Comiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
nice magazine, i like it:

Quote:
I am sure the guys at Commodore are talking with their lawyers as
we speak for infringing on some sort of intellectual and design patents.

HEHE! Thanks emufan! I'm glad you liked that line as well. If only Commodore thought like Apple did with patenting a square rectangle with rounded corners... if Commodore had only patented rectangle black boxes with square corners they could have made a killing!
Old 02 December 2013, 16:30   #8
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comiga View Post
... if Commodore had only patented rectangle black boxes with square corners they could have made a killing!
even with the smartest lawers, they would fail at the end, i fear
Old 03 December 2013, 04:04   #9
Comiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
even with the smartest lawers, they would fail at the end, i fear
I think I read in CU Amiga that Commodores marketing team were so bad, if they took over KFC they would rename it to "Dead warm bird".

So you are probably correct
Old 04 December 2013, 16:36   #10
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comiga View Post
"Dead warm bird".
good one