TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Meanwhile on Doomworld: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topi...ct-slots-open/
Old 10 February 2023, 14:52   #82
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Meanwhile in Dave's Garage:

[ Show youtube player ]

I must admit that the ability for the bot to correct itself is probably the most impressive thing about it.
Old 10 February 2023, 21:04   #83
eXeler0

I think this was pretty funny, I asked ChatGPT to review the AMiga version of Outrun, enjoy ;-)

----
Me: Write a review of the Amiga version of the computer game OutRun

A: OutRun was a popular arcade game in the 1980s and was later released on various home computer systems, including the Amiga. The Amiga version of OutRun was released in 1989 and was well-received by fans of the arcade game and Amiga owners alike.

One of the key features of the Amiga version of OutRun is its graphics. The developers did an excellent job of translating the colorful, fast-paced arcade graphics to the Amiga's hardware. The vibrant colors, smooth animation, and detailed road scenes create a sense of speed and immersion that was unmatched for its time.

Another strong aspect of the Amiga version of OutRun is its sound. The game features an impressive soundtrack that includes several classic 80s tunes, such as "Magical Sound Shower" and "Step on Beat". The sound effects, such as engine revs, tire squeals, and crashing, are also well-done and add to the overall excitement of the game.

The gameplay of OutRun is simple yet addictive. Players control a Ferrari Testarossa and must navigate through a series of roads and obstacles to reach the end of each stage. Along the way, they must collect coins to increase their score and choose between branching paths to determine their route. The game's challenge increases as players progress through the stages, making it both fun and challenging.

In conclusion, the Amiga version of OutRun is an excellent port of the arcade classic. Its graphics and sound are top-notch, and the gameplay is just as fun and addictive as the original. If you're an Amiga owner looking for a classic racing game, OutRun is definitely worth checking out.

Me: OMG ChatGPT, litterally no one agrees with that review

A: I'm sorry if my review of OutRun for the Amiga didn't align with popular opinions. Reviews and opinions on video games can be subjective, and what one person finds enjoyable, another may not. If there's any specific aspect of the review that you'd like me to change or expand upon, I'd be happy to revise it.

Me: It is generally considered to be a lazy port that absolutely did not utilize the full potential of the hardware. It had a poor color palette, choppy framerate and not very fun to play in general.

A: Thank you for providing additional information. I apologize for not accurately reflecting the general consensus in my previous review. It's important for a review to accurately represent the qualities of a game, both positive and negative. The Amiga version of OutRun, as you mentioned, was not well-received and is considered to be a lackluster port of the arcade game.

It's important to note that the Amiga was capable of producing high-quality graphics and smooth animations, so the limitations in the Amiga version of OutRun were likely due to the developers not fully utilizing the hardware or other factors such as time and budget constraints.

I hope this revised review accurately reflects the general opinion of the Amiga version of OutRun. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Me: Yes, sounds better and more accurate now

A: I'm glad the revised review is more accurate and meets your expectations. If there's anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 12 February 2023, 02:24   #84
SunSpire

haha eXeler0, that's brilliant! ChatGPT will blatantly lie at you, then cheat its way out of it I do wonder if prompts and corrections actually train the AI further, or is everything forgotten the moment a user clears the screen? hmmm ..

Truth or not, there's some fun to be had with this chatty AI!
Old 12 February 2023, 02:39   #85
SunSpire

Maybe not so much in the sense of the topic title (what "it" can do for the Amiga), but just for the fun of it I wanted to leave this chatgpt chatter here for y'all:

PROMPT 1
Imagine there was a fourth instalment of the Turrican game series for Amiga computers, what would its introduction story be like and what types of levels, enemies, weapons and powerups would the player find in the game world?

As an AI language model, I don't have access to the imagination but I can describe what an introduction story and levels, enemies, weapons, and power-ups in a typical Turrican game might be like based on what I have learned.

Introduction Story:
The story of Turrican 4 would likely pick up where the previous installment left off, with the player character, Bren McGuire, continuing his fight against the evil forces that threaten his home planet. Bren is a highly skilled warrior equipped with advanced weapons and technology, and he must use his skills to navigate through a variety of dangerous environments in order to defeat the enemy and save his world.

Levels:
Turrican 4 would feature a range of levels, each with its own unique challenges and obstacles. Players could expect to encounter levels set in a variety of environments, such as futuristic cities, ancient ruins, underground caves, and outer space. Each level would require the player to use their wits, agility, and combat skills to overcome its obstacles and defeat the enemies that lurk within.

Enemies:
Turrican 4 would introduce a new cast of enemies, each with its own unique abilities and strengths. Players could expect to encounter everything from standard soldiers and robots to more challenging bosses, such as massive war machines and powerful alien creatures. In order to defeat these enemies, the player would need to use their weapons and power-ups wisely, as well as their quick reflexes and combat skills.

Weapons and Power-Ups:
Turrican 4 would include a range of new weapons and power-ups to help players defeat their enemies. Players could expect to find new weapons such as energy-based weapons, guided missiles, and powerful turrets, as well as power-ups such as health boosts, extra lives, and improved armor. These weapons and power-ups would be scattered throughout the levels, and players would need to use them wisely in order to overcome the challenges they face.

In conclusion, Turrican 4 would continue the legacy of its predecessors, offering players a thrilling action-packed experience set in a futuristic world filled with danger and adventure.

PROMPT 2
What would the game's soundtrack sound like?

The soundtrack of Turrican 4 would likely continue the series' tradition of combining electronic and orchestral elements to create an epic and powerful musical score. Players could expect to hear a mix of driving synth beats, soaring string sections, and dramatic brass sections, as well as more atmospheric and moody pieces to accompany the quieter moments in the game. The soundtrack would likely be designed to complement the action on screen and enhance the overall gaming experience.

Some specific musical themes that players might expect to hear in Turrican 4 include high-energy action tracks for intense combat scenes, atmospheric pieces for exploration segments, and memorable melodies for important story moments. The composer(s) might also incorporate new musical elements to reflect any new environments or enemies that are introduced in the game.

Overall, the soundtrack of Turrican 4 would be a crucial part of the game's atmosphere, helping to immerse players in its world and elevating the overall gaming experience.

PROMPT 3
Write a more in depth example of what the introduction story would be about, think of possible characters and give each a name, include the game's villain and its role as well.

Sure, here's an example of a more in-depth introduction story for Turrican 4:

The story of Turrican 4 picks up several years after the events of the previous game. Bren McGuire, the hero of the Turrican series, has been tasked with a new mission to stop an evil entity known as the "Mecha-Overlord" from destroying the planet he was sworn to protect. The Mecha-Overlord is a massive, sentient machine that has been created by an unknown force for the purpose of destroying all organic life. Bren is humanity's last hope in stopping this threat.

Along the way, Bren is joined by a team of allies who assist him in his quest. There's Maya, a skilled engineer who is able to repair Bren's weapons and equipment, and who is also an expert in navigating through treacherous environments. Another ally is a young orphan named Tommy, who has a natural talent for hacking into computer systems. Tommy's expertise proves to be a valuable asset in unlocking the secrets of the Mecha-Overlord and its plans.

The villain of the game is the Mecha-Overlord's commander, a mysterious figure known only as the "General". The General is a cunning and ruthless strategist who commands the Mecha-Overlord's forces with an iron fist. He is determined to destroy Bren and his allies, and will stop at nothing to achieve his goal.

As Bren and his team travel through the various levels of the game, they must face a wide variety of enemies and obstacles in order to reach their goal. From the corrupted robotic armies of the Mecha-Overlord, to treacherous environmental hazards and powerful bosses, Bren must use all of his skills and weapons to survive and stop the evil forces threatening his world.

In the end, Bren and his team face off against the Mecha-Overlord and the General in a final showdown, with the fate of humanity hanging in the balance. The player must use all of their skills and weapons to defeat the enemy and save their world.

With this introduction story, Turrican 4 would be a thrilling, action-packed adventure that would build upon the legacy of the previous games in the series while introducing new characters, enemies, and challenges.

---------------------------------------

My thoughts on this .. the first two replies were sort of generic, it didn't go into depth about what the ingame world, weapons or powerups would actually be, probably because the prompt was too simple for that. Although basic, I think the soundtrack description was spot on, it would certainly fit a story driven action platformer.

Only when I asked chatgpt to specify the introduction story in more depth, it started creating an actual story with a basic plot and new characters with names and assigned roles. I like the Mecha-Overlord part, haha!

Okay, that's enough nonsense for now

Last edited by SunSpire; 12 February 2023 at 02:46.
Old 12 February 2023, 11:05   #86
jizmo
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
I thought I'd find a thread like this by now, but didn't see one.
Well, there was this one thread one month earlier, which basically ending up with some waste of biomass stepping in to take a dump in the thread.

Good to see that this one got better traction, it's an interesting topic for sure.
Old 12 February 2023, 13:48   #87
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

It could be funny to see the answers of:
- "why are each version of Microsoft Windows craper and non private proof with every new version ?"
- "do you think Windows code could be optimised to reduce its footprints to an equivalent of the footprint of the Amiga OS ?"
Old 17 February 2023, 08:06   #88
jizmo
Registered Abuser

Seaching for Amiga games based on description kind of works, but can be a hit and miss as well. At least it's worth the try

Q: I'm looking for an old Commodore Amiga game where the main character was a frog

A: The game you're thinking of is likely "Superfrog," a platformer game developed and published by Team17 for the Commodore Amiga in 1993.

In Superfrog, players control a cartoon-like frog character who is on a quest to rescue his princess from an evil witch. The game is played across various levels, with players navigating through obstacles and enemies, collecting power-ups and defeating bosses.

Superfrog was a popular game on the Amiga and was well-regarded for its colorful graphics, fun gameplay and catchy soundtrack. It was also released on other platforms including the PC and PlayStation, and was one of the most successful games developed by Team17.
Old 17 February 2023, 08:56   #89
khph_re

I wonder how close this thing is to passing the turing test?
Old 17 February 2023, 09:05   #90
dreadnought

https://petapixel.com/2023/02/10/ai-...raphy-contest/
Old 17 February 2023, 10:14   #91
khph_re

Are we about to fall into general AI by accident? or is this all smoke and mirrors?
Old 17 February 2023, 14:16   #92
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Give it a year or two and you're going to get AI-picked ads.
Old 17 February 2023, 15:54   #93
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khph_re View Post
Are we about to fall into general AI by accident? or is this all smoke and mirrors?

Q lot of smart people (including John Carmack) are spending time on developing AGI but no one really knows what it takes or how to get there. Therefore its hard to know when we will get there and even how we will recognize it when it happens.
But these large language models we see now will probably be a specific sub-set of a more general AI for communication and understanding purposes.
Old 17 February 2023, 18:47   #94
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by khph_re View Post
Difficult to tell.
Even with all the money involved by these companies, if we look at how many request you can find on the net regarding people wanting to turn off google IA "lens", I would say that actually it is still smoke and mirrors. Same for "Alexa" and al.
At the end, like for others things, if those companies have something to win with it, they will push it against all odds.
Let's see how it will turn...
Old 17 February 2023, 23:58   #95
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It is still too young a technology. We're still hundreds of years away from a technology popping up and immediately being of acceptable quality, it needs iterations. Many iterations.
Old 12 November 2023, 18:57   #96
eXeler0

Those of you who are paying for GPT4+ can you check if this link works for you:
https://chat.openai.com/g/g-JxLUYp12...s-amiga-oracle
It's a custom GPT trained to be an Amiga Oracle ;-)
It has knowledge of events up to April 2023, but can be "trained" (corrected when it claims false stuff") etc..