English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 July 2018, 22:18   #41
Gzegzolka

Thanks for clarification ^^
Old 11 August 2018, 18:55   #42
thairacerjp

simply gorgeous hope a review later in the brand new CD32 scene magazine , hoping it can work on a stock CD32 W/O tf328 keep the good work, look very promising .
Old 13 August 2018, 00:57   #43
invent
pixels

Thanks thairacerjp. I can't guarantee it but we will try out best. I have certainly made provisions on the graphics side to reduce graphics usage by half if required (tile flipping).

I have a vanilla A1200 so would be nice for it to work

Gzegzolka, haven't heard or seen that game, sorry I didn't respond sooner, thanks saimon 69 for responding while I was away

Initially ProXima3 was going to be called "Underthreat" which I still really like but various projects in the past have had that name.

A quick composite of some of the work, foreground, big bosses, enemy sprites.

Last edited by invent; 13 August 2018 at 02:36.
Old 13 August 2018, 09:24   #44
Gzegzolka

I have only one world to say, or actually two - totally awesome
Old 13 August 2018, 17:31   #45
Hiddenevil

Just stepping in on this convo and have to say the graphics look amazing, I hope the gameplay is equally impressive. I'm afraid I skipped to the most recent post, so i dont know if it has been asked already, but i hope to see this on the CD32! Count me in for buying a copy on CD! I'm sure Amigajay can furnish a lovely jewel case lol ;-) Top job guys, I look forward to when you release a playable demo!
Old 13 August 2018, 21:51   #46
kriz

Woah, so nice graphics, keep up the nice work, looking forward to this release, thx for update again !! Btw: When will see some demo/video ?
Old 13 August 2018, 22:44   #47
StingerHU

Excellent work, invent I've just thought today to look around on the project page or else on the net is there any news about this game and voila' ! It's funny that we've just tagged Proxima 3: Red Dwarf with an "anticipated real Amiga game this year" badge in our gaming podcast, Bonus Stage).

Graphics looks so fantastic, btw. Could you talk a bit about the current status of the game ? How the dev is going, is there any issues with the hardware bottleneck or the coding, can we expect a demo or a moving presentation sometime in the near future? What's the most challenging part for the team ? Few questions which may be interesting for the prospective audience.

On the other hand: i'm happily fund this project on Indiegogo or kickstarter btw, a typish example of a promising development. (as a shmup addict, of course)
Old 15 August 2018, 10:58   #48
invent
pixels

Thankyou for the kind comments.

Currently we are working on a stress test demo, this is an important stage where it will heavily influence the design of the maps/enemies on screen/content. My focus at this moment is to create all enemies, background, mid-ground, foregrounds, its going quite well, maybe 75% done. Once the stress test is available we could go two ways, let the public test it on various hardware and from this fine tune our approach to final platforms. I personally would love to see it on all AGA Vanilla machines but it may need extra memory - well see (I'm not a coder). Sandruzzo is doing a great job and currently working on some menu interfaces, we do have a scrolling demo, with back and mid-ground parallax scrolling (4 colours each), 16 colour foreground. Collision/score menu done.

Hi StingerHU, I haven't considered any kickstarter or Indiegogo at this stage as much as I would like to fund/support our coder and musician.

Please appreciate games take a long time to create especially if you want quality, and importantly work/life/other projects slow you down. To quickly recap: Reshoot R, Iridium, ProXima3 are my main games to focus on.

I also have a plan by the time I'm 50 (47 now) to have a solo art exhibition, some artwork here https://www.instagram.com/invent71/

Dinner/family time
Old 15 August 2018, 16:07   #49
Gorf

That looks great!
Dali with a hint of Giger comes to mind....

love it!
Old 30 November 2018, 22:55   #50
Immortal

Whats the current status on this development?
Its been to long since the first screenshots...
Old 03 December 2018, 12:47   #51
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Yep, it's been a bit quiet around here..

Any news?
Old 04 December 2018, 03:23   #52
invent
pixels

Hi Immortal, Steril707,

Thank you for your interest in ProXima3

As mentioned above my focus is on a few other current projects.
Focus right now is working on “Reshoot R” CD cover and any other fine tuning of game graphics Richard may request.
Next is “Iridium” which is my main focus afterwards, we are aiming for a February Kickstarter, this project will consume most of my attention for 2019.
Other work that trickles in is for A-Eon,AmigaKit which will include some advertising for magazines, Enhancer software, and various projects.

ProXima3 has not been forgotten and I do appreciate people are keen to see this move forward. I’ll look through and see what I may not of posted since last time and add an update here and my blog before end of year.

I did create a Patreon site (soft launch) last week after considering this for a few years, it will have more behind the scenes progress on all Amiga projects and I speaking with various people on how much I can post. Back when Amiga Inc was around I worked on a lot of projects that I’m going to share, as well as add a few more small fun projects. I’m interested in both classic and NG Amigas and the Patreon will influence where my time is focused.

As this year winds down I’m working on 2019 schedule, that will include taking some of my long service leave to work these projects and that definitely will have some ProXima3 focus.

As you may know family and work full time consumes a large portion of each day hopefully this post has given you some insight.
Old 14 December 2018, 03:50   #53
invent
pixels

I have updated my blog and changed the video to public as well as other posts. Please note the capture was via Mac running Windows/AmigaForever emulation and captured in Quicktime ...lol)

(So it doesn't have smooth scrolling)

Besides finishing artwork for Reshoot R, and artwork for Iridium, I am focusing on the weapon system for ProXima. Sandruzzo just mentioned that I have 6 Hardware sprites to still use up so I'm planning how best to make use of this (might poke Richard from Reshoot R soon)

https://amigaonex.blogspot.com/
https://www.patreon.com/KevinSaunders/

I would like to get more people involved but let me think about how this might happen and update you in the new year
Old 14 December 2018, 09:29   #54
viddi

Absolutely stunning, mate!!
Old 14 December 2018, 09:33   #55
Immortal

@invent
Thank you so much for the video and for your detailed feedback.
Thank god for the day, ive tried to obtain news on this title!

Excellent work, it looks amazing!

Ive shared the news on retromania.pt, a portuguese retrogaming website

https://www.retromania.pt/cms/2018/1...ed-dwarf-star/
(Translation on the site right lower corner)

Last edited by Immortal; 14 December 2018 at 10:05.
Old 14 December 2018, 09:38   #56
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Translation is not working.
When clicking on the UK flag, following message is displayed : "ALERT: Conteúdo protegido!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alert.gif
Views:	157
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	61195  
Old 14 December 2018, 09:43   #57
Immortal

@malko
Here its working fine, please try on another browser or try to clean your history and all your cookies.

Last edited by Immortal; 14 December 2018 at 09:50.
Old 14 December 2018, 09:48   #58
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

@Invent: Super nice update. Thanks! Looks amazing...

Also your Cover for Reshoot R looks great already...

It's great to have amazing artists like you are in our little scene...
Old 14 December 2018, 13:51   #59
invent
pixels

Thankyou for the feedback

Posting on non English Amiga forums/websites is always appreciated (thankyou Immortal) (and I’m adding a reminder to self to include different language setups)

Viddi: Congrates on your recent release “Heroes of Gorluth”

Thanks Steril707, great to be part of our community. The “Reshoot R’ Cover Richard did ask some time ago, so he is very patient will be done by this time next week, give or take refinements.
Old 14 December 2018, 20:34   #60
vulture

Looks gorgeous!