English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 17 September 2019, 01:33   #81
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
I might be utterly stupid and ignorant
Allow me to clarify this for you. You are on both counts.

You clearly know jack about autism so you had better stop talking about. My son has asd. You are talking utter bollocks.
Old 17 September 2019, 02:12   #82
d4rk3lf

What is worth my IMHO, if someone is still being offended?

Thanks for the insight man, and with all due respect to you (and your son), I don't see how this help conversation.

How much do I have to put walls of "IMHO, AIS (as I see), dunno", etc, until I explain anyone, that I do not want harm to anyone?
If you want to be productive in the theme, then we need some facts (like.. history... how your boy get it.. how much old he was.. etc)...

I really wish you and your kid all well..
Old 17 September 2019, 07:02   #83
Ian
Global Moderator

Do some research, you clearly do not even know what autism is. It's not my place to educate you. You clearly don't care enough to look into it and are only interested in posting your uninformed comments.

Autism is not someone not wanting to see people or feeling bad about themselves. If you don't what it is don't comment any further on it.

How are you to tell anyone about it? Just a guy on the street that knows nothing but like the sound of his own voice.

Putting 'imho' doesn't excuse your ignorance.

I also have opinions on subjects I know nothing about, but then I don't feel they need discussing.

Last edited by Ian; 17 September 2019 at 07:14.
Old 17 September 2019, 11:59   #84
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
How much do I have to put walls of "IMHO, AIS (as I see), dunno", etc, until I explain anyone, that I do not want harm to anyone?
Hiding behind 'IMHO' is intellectually cowardly and means nothing except that you don't have a shred of evidence on your side. I do not buy the idea that all opinions are valid, or that fact is somehow subjective. While you have the right to say whatever you want, we have the right - the obligation, even - to tell you you're talking complete bollocks.

You say you don't want to harm anyone, but what is prejudice if it's not one person's "humble opinion"?. Prejudice whether it's race, sexuality or a condition like autism, gets people killed, and drives others to kill themselves every single day. It's happening somewhere right now.

Your words and opinions create ripples through society. We never know where they may end up and what violence or hatred they may lead to. You may validate the opinion of someone who does want to harm people and you will never even know. "I don't mean any harm" doesn't mean jack shit, sorry.

Last edited by clebin; 17 September 2019 at 12:07.
Old 17 September 2019, 12:38   #85
d4rk3lf

Ok, be it your way, my words create wars and injustice all over the world.
I was just saying that every person is special, and community tends to put all in chats, therefore, making a lot mistakes.

But Ok, I apologize if I offended anyone.
Old 17 September 2019, 13:27   #86
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

@ Hewitson - I've first hand seen education here (USA) make huge advancement in ability to discover and threat autism and thanks to being married to educator, read some research on this topic. Also, as I've already said, most of stuff I take my kid to be checked, most often is something I know I most likely have, but I have never been diagnosed with.(SAS and ADHD) Often, kids would not be diagnosed because of stigma with autism and similar disorders, or because some forms of autism are not that easy to spot in young kids, and/or parents don't know much about autism or often, like in my case, they have the same symptoms, but they have never been diagnosed. Creativity in kids also can cover/hide autistic traits and recent article on mental health covers this the best - https://medium.com/@devonprice/autis...n-b9974e137099.

@ d4rk3lf - please don't be ignorant and arrogant - not everything in the world is about 'you' and can't be explained through narrow view of yourself. Earlier diagnosis makes huge different in quality of life of people, and sadly system failed Hewitson, but it is better to find it now than never.

As what spectrum of autism means - if you like to educate yourself - here in words and picture - Understanding the Spectrum of Autism

If you like manga, may I also suggest 'With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child' by Keiko Tobe.

Last edited by Anubis; 17 September 2019 at 13:58.