English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 17 November 2012, 19:26   #1
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Starting to lose hope :(

I have took way too long to complete an amiga 500 mini-itx build so decided to try some more today. Nothing is working out for it at all.

I originally tested a keyrah by pulling together parts for the keyboard, I could have sworn all the keys worked but I did notice the keyrah had this life of its own where sometimes it would act stone dead?

So fast forward to today and now the keyboard works ok but all the numbers are dead? everything else is ok afaik...

I am:
A. missing some blindly obvious
B. working with a fubard a1200 membraine
C. have had enougth and going to pack it all in.

Can anyone please confirm if the numbers accross the top of the a1200 keyboard are ment to work. I am 100% sure they are ment to so that means something has gone awol.
Old 17 November 2012, 20:28   #2
roy bates

probably B.

yes those keys along the top above the letters are supposed to work(as long as you dont mean the function keys on the very top row)

you can find out if the matrix under the keys are working with a multimeter,just follow the trace on the matrix to the numbered keys there should be two traces for every key and if one trace is gone it will take out a row of keys,you see?

more than likely it will be the trace in the mebrane that goes through that row of keys.

OR it could simply be one of the strips of carbon on the ribbons have worn off,have a look at the end of the ribbon where you would plug it in hold it up to a light if you can see through one at the very end,then bingo.
Old 18 November 2012, 01:32   #3
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Some of the function keys work, as does the backspace key. I just cannot get any of the numbers working.

The thing that worried me the most is how the keyrah just packed in for no reason, the pc even kicked off saying the device was not working?

I will try again later but im so close to chucking in the towel on this lot... I sort one problem and it creates 2 more