English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 09 February 2013, 18:25   #1
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
My Spectrum +3e =D

Hi Folks!

My good friend Zetr0 installed one of his awesome IDE devices into my +3 along with +3e Roms yesterday:

Zetr0 took lots of pics whilst soldering the cables and such, so I'm sure there will be an awesome tutorial posted soon!

Here she is up and running:

For some reason my Scart lead don't work with this TV - Grrr, so sorry for the sucky RF images!

Zetr0 was also kind enough to setup a Games loader for me which has a nice Menu system to load a selection of Games, it boots when you enter the 'Loader'

Awesome eh?

Following Mike's guide here I was able to copy some extra games onto my CF HDD ready to run on the real Spectrum!

I also had to learn some new commands such as assigning a drive letter to a partition so I could load the Games.

Now I can load the Games that I put in 'Games-02' following Mikes tutorial:

That's all for now! I have lots more to learn! Thanks Zetr0 & mjnurney for your help & guides.
Old 09 February 2013, 18:46   #2
AmigaFriend

Nice +3. With RF output you can really see additional colours on screen, so you don't have clash but more like multi clash
Old 09 February 2013, 19:07   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
Nice +3. With RF output you can really see additional colours on screen, so you don't have clash but more like multi clash
yeah the RF sux, the Scart worked on my old TV... I will need to use this in my office on a different TV

I've put lots more Games now, I want to try and write a simple games Menu taking idea's from some I have found on the Interwebz...
Old 09 February 2013, 20:43   #4
fishyfish
Banned

Nice.
Never had a speccy. They were rare as hens teeth here in Australia (at least in my circles). People were either c64 or Amstrad CPC users (predominantely the former, with a few of the latter). Prior to that I had a Tandy TRS-80 coco1 (upgraded to 64KB).
Nonetheless its always fun to see peope enjoying their retro computers. I'd love to get myself a trs80 coco3 one day. Quite a nice 8bit machine that actually reminds me of the Sam Coupe (although I believe the coco3 came 1st).
Old 10 February 2013, 00:13   #5
paul773car
RAC377LAUP

Nice and not something you hear that much about. Just googled the interface to find out more really interesting!

Paul
Old 10 February 2013, 01:11   #6
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

Nice that one..
Can't wait to see the Z80 IDE that I ordered to Zetr0 arrive so I can stick it into my +3 and play Spectrum games like if there is no tomorrow =D