English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old Yesterday, 00:49   #221
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffin View Post
That's beyond the scope of the Vampire project, especially as it would require new keyboards, which nobody seems to be working on right now. It would be much easier to design a 3D printed mounting bracket which fits the new A1200 cases and use extension cables to connect the IO ports to the rear of the case, although you'll still need a keyboard.
there are at least two projects making new Amiga cases that do support Vampire standalone installs. One is an A500 case replica and the other is the checkmate cases. So options are available even now. I suspect more will surface when the actual board is released. They are of course coming from third parties.
AdSense AdSense  
Old Yesterday, 05:45   #222
Ffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
there are at least two projects making new Amiga cases that do support Vampire standalone installs. One is an A500 case replica and the other is the checkmate cases. So options are available even now. I suspect more will surface when the actual board is released. They are of course coming from third parties.

Yes, both of those cases may take a Vampire, but I was replying to sokolovic who wanted "a brand new wedge Amiga kb sold with the Vampire". The checkmate case isn't a wedge, I think an A500 case would be overkill for something as small as the Vampire standalone, but more importantly neither of them address the issue of keyboards.
Old Yesterday, 09:27   #223
sean_skroht
Gimmemore Commodore

Quote:
Edge connectors are an issue for the A1200 version, which may not have been resolved yet.
No it's not an issue. They sourced a supplier quite some time ago.
Old Yesterday, 16:30   #224
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Yes, both of those cases may take a Vampire, but I was replying to sokolovic who wanted "a brand new wedge Amiga kb sold with the Vampire". The checkmate case isn't a wedge, I think an A500 case would be overkill for something as small as the Vampire standalone, but more importantly neither of them address the issue of keyboards.
Yep, I agree, my only point was that if there is enough demand, these things will probably happen sometime in the future after the V4 stand-alone is out and being used. But, admittedly, I do not have ESP. just wishful thinking.
Old Today, 12:10   #225
kolla

The V4 standalone is (will be) tiny enough to fit in _any_ Amiga case. If you want one in an A1200 case, you just need a tiny plate or bracket that fit a few of the original screw holes, and with new holes for the V4 - people have done this with lots of other boards already. To be honest, I have little motivation to support the A500 case project, as I don't have any A500 at the moment, and I find it rather too big to be practical. But I do certainly appreciate the effort, so I may support just for the sake of having the molds made. What I really need and want, are new Amiga keyboards - using PC keyboards in general, and half baked solutions for PC keyboards with Amiga like Keyrah, very frustrating.

Last edited by kolla; Today at 12:19.
Old Today, 12:17   #226
AMIGASYSTEM

This is a nice idea but you have to get rid of the old carcasses, AMiGA has always been innovative, I think the V4 should be in a modern case in this way it could also attract new users of other platforms.
Old Today, 12:21   #227
kolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
it could also attract new users of other platforms.
You do all user support then, and explaining why Amiga cannot have modern features?
Old Today, 13:16   #228
Amigan123

Lightbulb new case for vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
This is a nice idea but you have to get rid of the old carcasses, AMiGA has always been innovative, I think the V4 should be in a modern case in this way it could also attract new users of other platforms.
I posted about this new case yesterday, fits amiga 500,600,1200 + vampire board

www.amigasystems.com
Old Today, 13:35   #229
AMIGASYSTEM

Beautiful, now that you reason !
Amiga when he was born was presented in a sheet and then placed inside a house that did not belong to him given its emancipation.
Old Today, 15:47   #230
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
i want one nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww standalone one for me sounds awesome.
Here ya go - AmigaStore.eu has them in stock NOW. (V500v2+) I know you want standalone. But teaser teaser...

http://amigastore.eu/en/595-vampire-500-v2.html
Old Today, 16:00   #231
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Why I have a feeling this will be in range of $500+, which is a no go for me, since I don't like to spend too much on hoby, while I can still run all games/programs on pc/rpi...

Sure, would be nice to fit one in my old A1200, or perhaps standalone one, but definitely not at that price.
Old Today, 16:02   #232
kolla

Only 370 euros for V500v2+ - cheap!
Old Today, 18:31   #233
puppypc

Is there really any reason why the standalone would cost a lot more than the cards? It should have the added bonus of not having to pay for an edge connector
Old Today, 18:35   #234
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Send a message via Yahoo to Samurai_Crow
@puppypc

The v2 cards are cheaper than v4 cards. Stand alone will use v4 as a minimum.
Old Today, 18:36   #235
Marlon_
Amiga Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypc View Post
Is there really any reason why the standalone would cost a lot more than the cards? It should have the added bonus of not having to pay for an edge connector

V4 will be more expensive than V2 because of bigger fpga, 512MB ram instead of 128, built-in ethernet, USB, db9 etc.

V4 standalone vs V4 for A500 shouldn’t have a price difference really.
AdSense AdSense