Quote:
Originally Posted by thellier View Post
From readme:
" If you are using WinUAE 68k then
copy Wazp3D.library-winuae TO LIBS:Warp3D.library
copy soft3d.library TO LIBS:soft3d.library
and PC side copy soft3d.dll to the WinUAE directory
WinUAE need "Miscellaneous panel/Native code execution" to be enabled
(note that renderer:hard only works on 32 bits screeenmode)

Note: if Wazp3D-Prefs doesn't work then your install is wrong..."

Nothing more to said...

Alain
Hello,

I appreciate what you've done. With my AmigaOne I have Wazp3D functioning for Payback 68K version...runs the same as PPC and looks as good if not better.

However, for WinUAE 3.6.1 (2018/03/04) I cannot get it work function correctly with 68K for Wipeout. I got it running with UAEGfx OS 4.1.1 with software mode (hardware won't work; as per what you typed..) and yep, it's slooow. Even with Fastest CPU setting.
So, okay, confirmed I have it setup for OS 4.1.1. Now for OS 3.5. The prefs run fine. I get also get the Wipeout main menu before game is run. Save the config, and a Wazp3ZD.config is saved.

I attempted this with CyberGraphX also..but couldn't get it to work with that. Also, doesn't support 32-bit screens as UAEGfx does. So, back to what I use most often, Picasso 96 either with PicassoIV active or UAE Zorro 3. For now, all testing is with UAE Zorro 3. I've also tried 4MB to 256 MB. Copied all the files as you directed above. As I commented, AmigaOne is working with it, so copying the correct files isn't a challenge. Smiling.

I've tried Wipeout with and without Warp3D directory being active. To disable it I use "Warp3D!" as it's a simple rename. I also understand the "-save" at the end of the older WarpD3 is means as "Rename as whatever you'd like for a backup.", so I use "!" at the end of that as well.
soft3d.library is also in place, as well as the DLL for WinUAE.

I have also attempted to use it with and without "Allow native code". Of course, to be really clear...also exiting UAE just to be totally sure. I am able to toggle between "hard" and "soft"...at the Wipeout menu. That informs me it's working...to a point. Hehe. I've also tried with the DLL in the WinUAE plugin directory. Either WinUAE root or plugin allows "hardware" to be selected. Renaming or removing or both soft3d's causes "hardware" mode in Wipeout to not be selected. So, almost everything is functioning fine.

Is there a driver I'm missing? Because with W3D_CPU_PPC.library, or Premidia2 or Virge PPC Hardware drivers the "Hardware" is accessible, but without...not, of course. You've commented that "hard" meaning "hardware" mode is possible with WinUAE OS3.x... I'm not trying to figure what I'm missing.

Any clue?

With JIT active, "hardware" may be selected but always reports there isn't a Warp3D driver. In Software mode a window opens...and then shortly after PowerPC crashes. From your Prefs I'm using +Renderer: "Soft to bitmap" as well as "Hard". I've also played around with other setting. Crashes every time.

Always, Fullscreen 32-bit depth.

I'm using a Asus P6T with GeForce GTX 780...the computer I made is doing very well and can handle anything WinUAE can do.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 27 March 2018 at 00:01.
Old 27 March 2018, 10:38   #22
thellier

Hello

Lots of questions ;-)
>with and without Warp3D directory being active
The directory Libs:Warp3D/ contains drivers that are used by the real Warp3D.library but WaZp3D dont use it. Wazp3D use the soft3d.library as renderer/driver

>The prefs run fine.
Nice so Wazp3D is working to some extent :-)
In fact Wazp3D-Prefs is not a real program it is only some code that say "open the Wazp3D built-in preferences gui"

>toggle between "hard" and "soft"...at the Wipeout menu. That informs me it's working...to a point.
Yes it informs you that Wazp3D run. But it dont informs you if hard mode is available = I mean selecting "hard" just mean "I want to use hard if possible" but if "hard" fail it will use "soft" without errors
(To find out set "Debug Sepia image" if display turns pink = soft)

>Is there a driver I'm missing?
No

It is unclear what progs you tried with Wazp3D/OS3 : if it is WipeOut2097 or other WarpOS ppc progs = I think they never worked at all with Wazp3D

So the better is to test with a smaller program
http://aminet.net/package/dev/src/Cow3D

Perhaps there are some incompatibilties with latests WinUAE and/or Windows...

Edit:
1) How to find out if soft3d.dll is used (= using fast x86 code for soft or hard rendering)
Set
Enable Debugger
Debug Soft3D

If a debug window appears Windows side then x86 soft3d.dll is used

2) then if you set "Debug Sepia image" and display dont turns pink = hardware OpenGL x86 is used

Also remember to delete Wazp3d.cfg before setting values in Wazp3D-prefs

Last edited by thellier; 27 March 2018 at 10:53.
Old 27 March 2018, 19:25   #23
AC/DC HACKER!

Greetings Thellier,

Quote:
Originally Posted by thellier View Post
Hello

Lots of questions ;-)
>with and without Warp3D directory being active
The directory Libs:Warp3D/ contains drivers that are used by the real Warp3D.library but WaZp3D dont use it. Wazp3D use the soft3d.library as renderer/driver
Umm..the Hardware drivers within those subdirectories SEEMed to play a role. Okay, though. I'll just ignore them in reference to WaZp3D. Yep, I'm not confusing the differences between Warp and Wazp. I noticed the "Z" capital. Heh.

Quote:
>The prefs run fine.
Nice so Wazp3D is working to some extent :-)
In fact Wazp3D-Prefs is not a real program it is only some code that say "open the Wazp3D built-in preferences gui"
It is actually a problem, but I understand the differences you're typing about with it accessing what's inside the Warp3D.library and displaying it via GUI. Still, it's a program. Sticking tongue out at you. Haha!

Quote:
>toggle between "hard" and "soft"...at the Wipeout menu. That informs me it's working...to a point.
Yes it informs you that Wazp3D run. But it dont informs you if hard mode is available = I mean selecting "hard" just mean "I want to use hard if possible" but if "hard" fail it will use "soft" without errors
(To find out set "Debug Sepia image" if display turns pink = soft)
Right, I understand it doesn't mean it WILL function but that it's possible to select because of the way you're making "Wazp3D" function. I know, you've replied to this subject a lot. I understand.
I noticed the mouse pointer in a pink little square in Amiga OS 4.1.1. I thought that was odd but then figured it was some kind of identifier of "Wazp3D". I was going to type that but forgot. Oh, to make extra clear..that was Wipeout 2097 with AmigaOS 4.1.1. I have not been able to get it to load past an OS 3.5 Window being setup for more to be displayed in it. Then crash. Not OS lock, just Wipeout 2097 crash.

I have run the Cow demo with OS 3.5 and it crashes the ramlib every time.

Quote:
>Is there a driver I'm missing?
No.
Gotcha.

Quote:
It is unclear what progs you tried with Wazp3D/OS3 : if it is WipeOut2097 or other WarpOS ppc progs = I think they never worked at all with Wazp3D
Because of subjects other than this thread I was excited to be able to run Wipeout 2097 with OS 3.x, I don't care which version of OS 3..as I own 3.0 to 3.9. OS 4 has a lot of bugs still but it's fun to play with at times. Anyway, I then noticed a bit ago about your comments about Cow 3D demo as it being a very good test. So I recently started testing with it. Wipeout has been 3 to 4 days checking different things with SnoopDOS 3.1 also.

For now, I'll stop with Wipeout and keep checking with Cow. Reads as pretty funny, as I have a twisted sense of humor. I want to tell MYSELF to not "have a Cow"...hahaha! Humor of the States..hehe. You probably use it there also. Anyway, with OS 4.1.1. Wipeout 2097 ALMOST functions at full speed with Warp3D without any sound. Some SDI hits but (AmigaOne X5000) but it functions. It's because of real GFX board.

Okay, back on track..

Quote:
So the better is to test with a smaller program
http://aminet.net/package/dev/src/Cow3D
Yep...testing with this now.

OS 3.5: >>> Enable Debugger <<<<, etc, as you typed, I see in small debugger window:

"Cow3D6: build...blah, blah [Date...]
Loading Wazp3D.cfg
Loading Wazp3D.cfg"

Then OS window appears, with 3D Cow info and "b" for speedup. Then ramlib crash #8000000A.

Allow Native Code is Active as well as JIT. The DLL is in WinUAE path.

Quote:
Perhaps there are some incompatibilties with latests WinUAE and/or Windows...
I have been wondering. What older version have you tested with? I'll download it..but no one has typed that.

[QOTE]Edit:
1) How to find out if soft3d.dll is used (= using fast x86 code for soft or hard rendering)
Set
Enable Debugger
Debug Soft3D[/QUOTE]

Did this above.

Quote:
If a debug window appears Windows side then x86 soft3d.dll is used.
Nope..so, Debug for WinUAE does not have to be active also? soft3d.dll will open its own. Okay. That has not happened. Only for OS 3.5..it shows what I typed. If you'd like screen shot let me know. There's also a Red Guru box after I click ramlib's reboot.

Quote:
2) then if you set "Debug Sepia image" and display dont turns pink = hardware OpenGL x86 is used
It's not getting this far.

Quote:
Also remember to delete Wazp3d.cfg before setting values in Wazp3D-prefs
I'm not running Prefs while Cow3D is running. Since the Cow program is crashing ramlib there isn't a config to delete. I AM using "CoW3D6-OS3.info" to be very clear.
Old 27 March 2018, 19:51   #24
AC/DC HACKER!

Update: AmigaOS 4.1.1: Running Cow3D6 OS 4 version or OS3 version, ELF runs out of memory and give a prompt about it. There aren't any SDI hits, and have to reboot.

For a bit now, if I have OS 4.1.1 reset a few times, then it'll hang during a reboot and if I force a Keyboard reset a MS Runtime error happens. If I press F12, click Restart, then Start as though new it'll keep running for a while. So there might be a new bug...? Or new bugs which are also related to Wazp3D?? I'm guessing here.

I have OS 4.1.1 set to use 256 Z3 RAM. I've also used 512MB and still same.
Old 19 April 2018, 19:39   #25
AC/DC HACKER!

Update: I was able to get the Cow demo to display with Wazp3D.library-full (software only) with Workbench 3.5 and 3.9, because "Render: Hard" just causes ramlib crashes. Perhaps my Gfx board is too new (shouldn't be a problem) or something has changed in WinUAE. I want to inform you I see the cow. Looks different under 3.5 and 3.9.
Old 22 May 2019, 01:54   #26
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

I didn't succed to install it correctly !!!
is there an full installation guide for winuae ??
Old 04 August 2020, 21:56   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Oddly offtopic posts above but here is small teaser:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pcemrtg.PNG
Views:	398
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	68382  
Old 05 August 2020, 20:12   #28
waldiamiga
morphos.pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Oddly offtopic posts above but here is small teaser:
Wow Will Warp3D Work?
Old 05 August 2020, 20:26   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Possibly. S3 Virge emulation does include 3D support but I don't know how complete it is. Probably more than complete.

winuae.7z already includes it but it may not be stable yet. At least it should be possible to check what happens with 3D..

If it does not work: create HDF that includes some 3D software that is supposed to work with this quite crappy 3D card. (No, url to some random software that is supposed to work will be ignored. _All_ the required libraries/stuff must be included. Contact me privately. Always remember that I don't care about 3D but I can check if there is some simple issue or not.)

Don't use JIT. Don't use any weird configs. Picasso96 seems to work fine, CGX4 has some graphics glitches. You should know what are you doing etc...

EDIT: CGX glitch fixed.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 06 August 2020 at 15:29.
Old 08 August 2020, 10:03   #30
White

Toni,
what package exactly do i need to enable CVision3D as above?
Thank you
Old 08 August 2020, 11:59   #31
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
After some quick tests i've not managed to get anything going in Warp3D so far. Sticking only to the Warp3D included demos, Warptest does open but there is no texture to rotate, just a black box. the other demos dont do anything and anything ppc results in ramlibppc error.

Workbench 8bit modes seem ok, but enabling 15/16bit modes results in a black screen or corruption. 24bit modes sort of work with wonkey colours. (Only tried with latest cgxv4)

Maybe their is something not right with vram mapping as the card only shows up as 1mb in WhichAmiga.

AmigaOS4fe update 1 just results in a purple screen reset loop. This is attributed to the Cybervision64/3D drivers as OS4 will boot fine if those drivers are disabled in kicklayout.
Old 08 August 2020, 12:34   #32
White

@Mad-Matt
Do you know where I can find the drivers or are they included in some cd?
Thank you.
Old 08 August 2020, 13:32   #33
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
They are on the CybergraphX v4 cd or. the cgxv3 archive on Aminet or even in Picasso96.
Old 08 August 2020, 13:52   #34
White

Thank you. !
Old 08 August 2020, 13:58   #35
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Picasso96 seems to work perfectly but under CGX4 only 8-bit mode works correctly.

P96 and CGX4 drivers work totally differently and use different hardware features (again, same problem was with Cirrus Logic emulation too). CGX usually is the more complex one,

btw, don't mention anything requiring PPC. It is far too early for that.
Old 08 August 2020, 16:45   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

CGX 15 and 16-bit should work now. 24-bit still has wrong colors, cause unknown. 24-bit mode uses S3 chip's blitter totally differently than other modes.
Old 08 August 2020, 16:49   #37
White

Toni,
excuse the question I am not very familiar with video hardware having never had a dedicated graphics card for amiga
but cybergfx in the video mode list is the same as CybergraphX v4?
Thank you
Old 08 August 2020, 16:55   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
Toni,
excuse the question I am not very familiar with video hardware having never had a dedicated graphics card for amiga
but cybergfx in the video mode list is the same as CybergraphX v4?
Thank you
This is not a "how to do x" thread. Someone else can help but I won't. Sorry.

EDIT: This is very early alpha. Only test/report if you are familiar with this stuff.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 08 August 2020 at 17:01.
Old 08 August 2020, 16:59   #39
White

Toni, sorry, I open a topic in the app section
Old 08 August 2020, 18:58   #40
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Remaining CGX glitches should be fixed now (small bug in PCem "mono pattern" Virge blitter mode. CGX4 driver uses 16-bit wide blits in 24-bit graphics mode which used wrong horizontal pattern position selection. It didn't matter if blit size and display size matched)

>1024 pixel wide modes also display correctly now.

Next step: check 3D stuff. What exactly is needed? There does not seem to be any "official" 3D programs, not even simple demos.