English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 31 August 2016, 17:10   #141
psykicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It is not normal and it is already fixed. Including lots of edge cases if "weird" or "too much" RAM is enabled where wrong mode was selected causing possible crashes.

Ok, it could be scsi emulation related (nothing done there but side-effects are possible). Put hdf back in CSPPC scsi, run winuae with -log -scsiemulog command line parameters with only one drive mounted (in CSPPC SCSI unit that since 3.4 fails to detect anything), wait until KS boot screen appears (and no drive detected), quit, attach winuaelog.txt.
Hi. Dont know if i did it right, had to google a bit on commandline but here is what i typed in cmd on windows10. In the config i use only the controller Accelerator (Cyberstorm PPC) unit1. Partition only Work (DH1, not bootable). The screen goes black and nothing comes up. Its just waits forever. No kickstart logo or anything.

winuae64.exe -f Configurations\OS4.1FEtest.uae -log -scsiemulog
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaeCMD.txt (28.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (12.8 KB, 129 views)
Old 31 August 2016, 17:13   #142
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykicko View Post
Hi. Dont know if i did it right, had to google a bit on commandline but here is what i typed in cmd on windows10. In the config i use only the controller Accelerator (Cyberstorm PPC) unit1. Partition only Work (DH1, not bootable). The screen goes black and nothing comes up. Its just waits forever. No kickstart logo or anything.

winuae64.exe -f Configurations\OS4.1FEtest.uae -log -scsiemulog
(No need for -f, you can still use GUI normally to select config)

Log shows SCSI reads from block 0 to 15 = CSPPC driver is looking for RDB, then nothing happens.

Attach same log from 3.3.0. Does 32-bit 3.4 beta have same problem?

EDIT: Any change if you disable UAE boot ROM? (ROM panel, disabled). It of course disables lots of other features but if it has any effect on boot hang..

EDIT2: Log has strange directsound error. What if you change to WASAPI sound?

EDIT3: What about without JIT?

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 31 August 2016 at 17:31.
Old 31 August 2016, 20:31   #143
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3400b4.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3400b4.7z

Beta 4:

- Fixed uaegfx 8-bit mode palette updates.
- Added A2630 v4 to ROM scanner. (v2, v3 and v5 to go)
- Force UAE mapping mode if 1G Z3 Chip RAM size.
- Do not map Z3 RAM (and crash) if RAM allocation fails.
- Improved some "Too much RAM" edge cases when deciding UAE/REAL mode and if JIT direct supported.
- cpuboard_settings config entry wasn't loaded correctly if it had any multiselect options.
- Added IVS Vector accelerator board emulation.
- Added support for accelerator 68000 mode fallback, IVS Vector has different boot menu logo in 68000 mode (It is not possible to boot directly in 68000 mode, IVS Vector boot code needs to initialize first in 68030 before menu in 68000 mode will work)
- Blizzard 1230/1260/2060 68EC020 fallback mode supported. Hard reset restores original CPU configuration. Very pointless but IVS Vector support code already handles it.
- Stop PPC emulation first, before freeing any emulation resources to prevent random crashes at exit.
- Added some predefined autoconfig RAM board choices. Few popular options copypasted from amiga.resource.cx. More later..
Old 31 August 2016, 22:49   #144
psykicko

Quote:
(No need for -f, you can still use GUI normally to select config)

Log shows SCSI reads from block 0 to 15 = CSPPC driver is looking for RDB, then nothing happens.

Attach same log from 3.3.0. Does 32-bit 3.4 beta have same problem?

EDIT: Any change if you disable UAE boot ROM? (ROM panel, disabled). It of course disables lots of other features but if it has any effect on boot hang..

EDIT2: Log has strange directsound error. What if you change to WASAPI sound?

EDIT3: What about without JIT?
I used only the partition work (not bootable) to try with but that you know. Anyway with 32bit its the same. If i use all my partitions and choose unit 0 for my system and unit 1 for my work partition then it wont show the kickstart image. If i change work partition to unit 0 also then the kickstart picture appears (both unit 0)

If i use only one partition like you wanted me to test then theres no kicklayout coming at all, no matter if its unit 0 or unit 1 nor 32bits winuae.

I dont know much about audio system in pc but i had both directsound and wasapi checked. I know that on some boots on my system i cant play videos like youtube etc. Nothing happens so i have to restart the machine. I have the soundcard on motherboard off in startup (windows) and use my ESI Juli@ soundcard that i used previous in x1000. There is windows10 drivers but who knows how good they are for an older card like Juli@.

I have ziped a file with different test. With only the work partition tested like you said between winuae3.3.0 and 3.4.0.

To conlusion. To get my 2 partitions to work in winuae3.3.0 (beta3) i have to set system to unit 0 and work to unit 1. That boots my system fine. If i set work to unit 0 same as the system then the kickstart image appears and i cant boot. On winuae 3.4.0 it doesnt work whatever unit i choose.

Its probably me that dont understand how partitioning works and limits etc and maybe i got just lucky to get it to work with 3.3.0 that way. I maybe just use your time and its my error ?.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Logs.7z (53.9 KB, 130 views)
Old 01 September 2016, 08:53   #145
michaljarz

Thanks for the new version :-)
I tested 3.4.0.b4 on WinXP & Win10. Win 10 => JIT direct work OK, XP => not (Settings/Hardware/RAM => available: (always) 0M REAL).
Old 01 September 2016, 09:10   #146
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaljarz View Post
Thanks for the new version :-)
I tested 3.4.0.b4 on WinXP & Win10. Win 10 => JIT direct work OK, XP => not (Settings/Hardware/RAM => available: (always) 0M REAL).
"Real" Z3 mapping with JIT direct enabled is not possible on 32-bit Windows. It has never been possible.
Old 01 September 2016, 09:28   #147
michaljarz

There is a chance to work "JIT direct" on XP? (like 3.3.0 and previous) (this mode is faster then Indirect)
Old 01 September 2016, 09:34   #148
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
There is a chance to work "JIT direct" on XP? (like 3.3.0 and previous) (this mode is faster then Indirect)
Use "UAE" mode (and don't have too much RAM configured!). I am not sure if "Automatic" just now works exactly the same as in 3.3.0. (at least it should but possibly not yet)
Old 01 September 2016, 09:57   #149
michaljarz

When change to "UAE" then work. Thank you!
Old 01 September 2016, 18:13   #150
psykicko

Can any good soul here make me 2 HDF files. One for the system and one for the work partition. Or at least only the work partition. You can see the filesystem i use on the screenshot. I ask as i just want to be sure my partitions are made the right way. Could be i made something wrong when i made mine in the first place. Please also use the size for the also like on the screenshot. Just empty partitions, pack it to 7z or whatever makes it small. Then i can transfer all the files from my partitions and try from there to see if i still have problems. Im not good in partitions specially big ones. I had alot of problems making a 20gb HDF and make my system work.

I hope someone has time to do it for me That is for os4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PartitionsInfo.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	49717  
Old 01 September 2016, 19:20   #151
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
When change to "UAE" then work. Thank you!
It was a bug, Automatic didn't correctly select UAE when JIT direct was enabled and JIT direct would have been possible in UAE mode but not in Real mode. Fixed in next beta.
Old 01 September 2016, 19:31   #152
mark_k

Wine doesn't seem to support WASAPI exclusive pull mode; if I set sound to "WASAPI EX: Default Audio Device" there is this console output on starting emulation:
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_Initialize EXCLUSIVE mode with EVENTCALLBACK
WASAPI: Initialize() 8889000A
Sorry, can't initialize sound.

and no sound plays.

I'll file a bug report about that, but possibly relevant for WinUAE is that if I then open settings and change to "WASAPI: Default Audio Device" and continue emulation, there is still no sound. It seems WinUAE doesn't attempt to (re-)initialise sound after the config change?

(If I run WinUAE and set sound to "WASAPI: Default Audio Device" before starting emulation, sound plays fine. Both exclusive and non-exclusive work under Wine with WinUAE 3.3.0 since that uses push mode.)
Old 01 September 2016, 20:09   #153
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
I'll file a bug report about that, but possibly relevant for WinUAE is that if I then open settings and change to "WASAPI: Default Audio Device" and continue emulation, there is still no sound. It seems WinUAE doesn't attempt to (re-)initialise sound after the config change?
Did you also switch Sound Emulation radiobuttons back to Enabled?
Old 01 September 2016, 20:16   #154
mark_k

D'oh!
Old 01 September 2016, 20:40   #155
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Its probably me that dont understand how partitioning works and limits etc and maybe i got just lucky to get it to work with 3.3.0 that way. I maybe just use your time and its my error ?.
One more test: Mount both as UAE (unit 0 and 1), do not have any other drives. Boot, wait until it hangs or quit if it really starts booting. Attach winuaelog.txt. Log will include full partition table information.
Old 01 September 2016, 21:31   #156
White

@psykicko
Hello psykicko on this link you can find a complete guide to create larger partitions in SFS / 02 format with swap in this example are hd 30giga. the guidance and in Italian but easy. I hope to be is you liked this and the link

https://www.amigapage.it/index.php?o...14-3-6&page=42
Old 01 September 2016, 22:19   #157
psykicko

Quote:
One more test: Mount both as UAE (unit 0 and 1), do not have any other drives. Boot, wait until it hangs or quit if it really starts booting. Attach winuaelog.txt. Log will include full partition table information.
I cant choose units for UAE but i choosed both drives. It boots ok into os4 Attached is the logs. I also later tried with adding the shared drawer and it also worked. So UAE works fine
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (12.1 KB, 118 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (57.9 KB, 146 views)
Old 01 September 2016, 22:27   #158
psykicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
@psykicko
Hello psykicko on this link you can find a complete guide to create larger partitions in SFS / 02 format with swap in this example are hd 30giga. the guidance and in Italian but easy. I hope to be is you liked this and the link

https://www.amigapage.it/index.php?o...14-3-6&page=42
Its Italian and not easy to read long text with translated but i understand how to make partitions inside amigasystem. Just dont know much of emulated stuff with winuae etc. I wanted to try more if someone else creates one for me and i try to see if theres difference.
Old 02 September 2016, 09:13   #159
sigma63

Exclamation

Quote:
If i change work partition to unit 0 also then the kickstart picture appears (both unit 0)

[... Snip ...]

If i set work to unit 0 same as the system then the kickstart image appears and i cant boot.
Hello Psykicko,

you could NEVER use the same Unit-Number on one device twice - they have to be unique!
Old 04 September 2016, 12:33   #160
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
With beta 3, I'm still getting screen-tear effect in the top portion of display - it only happens with low latency & no buffer mode.. there is no tearing with double/triple buffering enabled.
I can't remedy it by increasing sound buffer either.
Also getting intermittent audio pops & dropouts in low latency modes (with and without buffering).
Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z change anything in low latency vsync?