English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 03 January 2017, 08:50   #1
twenty90seven
twenty90seven

Custom configurations in FS-UAE launcher 2.8.2u2

The settings I change in FS UAE launcher don't seem to save.

The 'Custom Configuration' option in the 'Additional Configuration' tab of FS-UAE launcher does not seem to save the additional settings you insert. It will load the game with the additional settings that you insert, but as soon as you click on a different game in the launcher, those additional settings will be lost.

Running FS-UAE launcher 2.8.2u2 (portable version) in Windows 8.1.

Last edited by twenty90seven; 03 January 2017 at 11:20.
Old 28 January 2017, 11:54   #2
jimmyD

I confirm the problem on 2.8.3 version (portable and installed) but this happens only on configurations loaded from OAGD. For locally saved configurations it works properly. So I think it is rather missing feature that bug. What I would like to have is possibility to add custom configuration options (using Additional Configuration tab) for configs that are downloaded from OAGD.net database. For example to define additional keymappings for each game separatelly. Now it is not possible. I can only define global mappings using Settings -> Advanced Settings option. It is not always sufficient as some games recognizes CD32 pad mode (like The Lost Vikings CD32) and in that case it limits usage of many gamepad buttons.

Other option that will surelly help and be some kind of workaround would be to add button to create a local copy of configuration settings (save it as UAE config) based on data from OAGD.net. In that case it would be easy to store custom mappings locally and still have settings copied from OAGD database.