English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 February 2011, 10:19   #1
Amigajay

CD32 Detailed Games List

Last edited by Amigajay; 08 April 2019 at 21:52.
Old 05 February 2011, 13:09   #2
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Oscar from Diggers / Oscar does not have NVRAM save. Also there is limited speech like "find the clapperboard", "thanks everybody", "bonus letter" and "aaaaand cut". I would hardly call that in-game speech but its your list so call it yes if you want. lol. It doesn't have full CD speech like what Trivial Pursuit has.
Old 05 February 2011, 13:19   #3
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Oscar from Diggers / Oscar does not have NVRAM save. Also there is limited speech like "find the clapperboard", "thanks everybody", "bonus letter" and "aaaaand cut". I would hardly call that in-game speech but its your list so call it yes if you want. lol. It doesn't have full CD speech like what Trivial Pursuit has.
Hi, if you check the listing, that is from the doublepack, the '/' between the games indicates the first game i.e Diggers, for example for the NVRAM save its Yes / ?? - Yes to Diggers and unchecked for Oscar, but as you state Oscar doesn't have save, so it would need changing to 'Yes / No'

Obviously i have only needed to do this on double/triple pack releases i.e grandslam collection, but you can check each games seperate releases if unsure.
Old 05 February 2011, 13:22   #4
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Hi, if you check the listing, that is from the doublepack, the '/' between the games indicates the first game i.e Diggers, for example for the NVRAM save its Yes / ?? - Yes to Diggers and unchecked for Oscar, but as you state Oscar doesn't have save, so it would need changing to 'Yes / No'.
Yes I know. I managed to work out your logic for myself thanks. lol. I was telling you so you can replace the ?? with a No.
Old 06 February 2011, 01:07   #5
RMK

Good job, thanks for posting this.
Old 07 February 2011, 04:24   #6
Ze_ro

Project CD32.

--Zero
Old 19 February 2011, 19:27   #7
Ze_ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
'Corkers' compilation was never released on the CD32
Yeah, I kind of suspected this. I don't even know how it got on our list... I think we started with a list from another source, and it happened to be on there.

Quote:
T.F.X was a Cuamiga CD coverdisk and not a retail game, and wont boot on the CD32, i did get it running on my CD32 back in 1996 i think it was, but with keyboard, mouse and 8mb fast ram and it still ran like a slideshow!
Oh? I was under the impression that it would boot... does it at least give an error message? It certainly wouldn't be the only CD32 game that falls into the "far too slow on a stock system" category.

--Zero
Old 22 May 2014, 02:49   #8
Avanze
Amiga User

Sorry to bump this old thread, but the OP blog has since been removed quite recently. A real shame, but I am glad we have Project CD32 as a resource.
Old 22 May 2014, 04:39   #9
nittamituaki
Cd32+Fdd User (CFU)

Dear all members who are interested in CD32's "Game" list,

please see my list which I created in 2013, too.
(sorry there are some Japanese characters & sentences, though.)

https://nitta.sakuraweb.com/cd32/cd32.index.html

In my opinion, I strongly believed that it is more exactly than above webpages.
It is because these lists have included "non-CD32 CD" such as "Gloom3" and "Gamers' Delight 2".

Last edited by nittamituaki; 11 June 2022 at 01:29. Reason: URL changed
Old 24 May 2014, 12:05   #10
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanze View Post
Sorry to bump this old thread, but the OP blog has since been removed quite recently. A real shame, but I am glad we have Project CD32 as a resource.
Hi sorry, was having a clearout of my old blogs and websites, have reinstated the blog for a while.
Old 26 May 2014, 19:44   #11
Avanze
Amiga User

Appears to be restored, the OP's blog that is! Great!
Old 28 May 2014, 09:50   #12
Ze_ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittamituaki View Post
In my opinion, I strongly believed that it is more exactly than above webpages.
It is because these lists have included "non-CD32 CD" such as "Gloom3" and "Gamers' Delight 2".
My involvement with Project CD32 has shown me that there's no fine line between what counts as a CD32 game and what doesn't.

Near the end days, companies got really lazy with CD32 releases, not using proper packaging/labelling... or they went the extra step and made it so their Amiga CD games actually booted on a CD32 even though it doesn't say so on the packaging.

In general, we've gone with the definition of "anything that you can boot and play on a base system"... ie, no screwing around with Workbench. Even that definition doesn't always work.

--Zero