English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 14 July 2008, 21:45   #41
Peter Schaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshy View Post
It's ALL about Ramons' music in the demo version. Hoi to the core, in the same style as all the demos.

Can't register on the site Never get the confirmation email.
Hi - Hope I can help you. I can't find a username wilshy in the website's database. Which name did you use? If you'ld like, sent me an e-mail (pschaap@playclockwiser.com).

Thanks!

Old 14 July 2008, 21:47   #42
Peter Schaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
it seems to be a little temperamental, I had to try again a few times, third time lucky and it worked!
Thanks for your patience! Great highscore results !

Old 14 July 2008, 23:29   #43
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Thanks! It's still a superb puzzler!

I did post a bug report on the forum because level 85 seems bugged... you can read it here:

http://www.playclockwiser.com/main.p...opic_nummer=18
Old 15 July 2008, 09:02   #44
Peter Schaap

Quote:

I did post a bug report on the forum because level 85 seems bugged... you can read it here:

Again, thanks! I will get back to soon.

Old 15 July 2008, 10:36   #45
Team_Hoi
Former Amiga game creator

Hey KillerGorilla, you've ruined a lot of my highscores! I'm starting to doubt whether you should go to heaven.
Old 15 July 2008, 10:39   #46
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Haha!

Who are you in the table then? (sevenheavendotnl?) I'll try to make sure I beat some more of yours!
Old 15 July 2008, 12:23   #47
Team_Hoi

Unhappy

No, noo, nooooo!!

Hmm ... I can of course threaten to remove a certain 'special thanks to ..."
Old 15 July 2008, 12:47   #48
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Schaap View Post
Hi blade002!

I am the programmer that reincarnated Clockwiser . I would be happy to take a look at your problem. Can you give me little more information, like:

- screendump (picture)
- which JVM and version are your running?
- can you give me a copy of the contents of the Java console?

Thanks a lot!
Sorry i haven't gotten back to you Peter, i have just been doing a crap load of overtime at work and i am ready to just pass out when i get home each night.. when the weekend comes i will give it a thorough investigation and post my results.

Thanks mate
Old 15 July 2008, 16:47   #49
wilshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Hoi View Post
No, noo, nooooo!!

Hmm ... I can of course threaten to remove a certain 'special thanks to ..."
LOL or just get practising

Peter - I'll send you a PM.

Now guys, how about an iPhone/iPod Touch version? That would make me a happy boy. Not tested it on Safari on the Touch yet, once I get registered I'll let you know.
Old 15 July 2008, 16:59   #50
Team_Hoi

I've been thinking about trying to approach Apple in some way to get Clockwiser distributed as a standard game along with the iPhone. I'll probably have to keep on dreaming, but creating it and releasing it ourselves is of course an option.
Old 15 July 2008, 17:29   #51
wilshy

That would be quality but there's more chance of Bill Gates going bankrupt I think! With the App Store now though, there's no reason it can't be developed and released through there with a fee. Not sure how that works as yet, but if it's anything like iTunes you can release music on there pretty easily through something like Tunecore (www.tunecore.com). I'm starting a digital music label so that's the approach I'll be taking. Maybe there's a similar way for the app store coming about.

In the meantime, if you need iPhone beta testers you know where to come. A fan of years gone by
Old 15 July 2008, 17:35   #52
Team_Hoi

Many thanks!

Peter and I will look into this. But what about the online version of Clockwiser? I don't know the iPhone's browser, but if it supports Java and scaling of complete website content, you should be able to play the online version for free on your iPhone.
Old 15 July 2008, 17:40   #53
wilshy

Just sent Peter an email about my activation, once that's sorted I'll let you know how it plays. As it's java and not flash I don't see why it shouldn't work.

I'll post pictures as and when I'm activated.
Old 15 July 2008, 19:38   #54
Team_Hoi

That'd be cool, thanks in advance!

Do you have the new iPhone 3G? I've got a HTC TYTN II for a while now, and it's still better than the new iPhone in some areas (real keyboard, better camera). But the iPhone sure looks sexy, and I love the neat and clean button interface. As glossy as Clockwiser gems.
Old 15 July 2008, 20:55   #55
wilshy

Nah I've got an iPod Touch 32gb. Just got the v2.0 firmware on it for the apps store. The 3g iphone apparently has a faster gfx chip and main cpu so it'll be interesting to see how the games like Monkeyball run on mine which is the 1st gen of cpu and gfx chips.

Still it is a sexy beast. I have a love/hate relationship with it. One minute I want to chuck it on ebay and sell it, next minute (like the v2.0 upgrade!) I love it again.
Old 15 July 2008, 21:34   #56
Team_Hoi

Funny, I've got the same thing with my TYTN II: I usually use only a fraction of its fancy functions. I almost never use internet or GPS. I don't travel much and when I do I take the train. The device has turned out to be a snobbish wannahave I don't utilize, and I'm seriously considering going back to a good old simple mobile phone next time, if that's still available that is.

Less is more, I forgot that for a moment.
Old 15 July 2008, 21:37   #57
Peter Schaap

Quote:

Hi Killergorilla - This problem has been fixed!

Old 15 July 2008, 21:40   #58
Peter Schaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshy View Post
LOL or just get practising

Peter - I'll send you a PM.

Now guys, how about an iPhone/iPod Touch version? That would make me a happy boy. Not tested it on Safari on the Touch yet, once I get registered I'll let you know.
Hm... that probably won't work. Or does Apple support J2SE on Touch? We'll have a discussion about a J2ME version...

Old 16 July 2008, 13:17   #59
wilshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Hoi View Post
Funny, I've got the same thing with my TYTN II: I usually use only a fraction of its fancy functions. I almost never use internet or GPS. I don't travel much and when I do I take the train. The device has turned out to be a snobbish wannahave I don't utilize, and I'm seriously considering going back to a good old simple mobile phone next time, if that's still available that is.

Less is more, I forgot that for a moment.
I agree totally. I do like the internet on it, but mainly for music. I like a good old small converged device. Here's hoping I remember that next time round. Small, less features!!

Peter, it doesn't work on the touch sadly. It's got a java engine definately but not J2SE. Onwards with the development of the J2SE version