English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 14 August 2019, 15:30   #361
jotd
This cat is no more
jotd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FRANCE
Age: 48
Posts: 3,209
if they're easy to build, I might be interested to try to do one myself. Keep up the great work. My only work on joypads is to switch button colors so colors match default winuae setting for CD32
jotd is offline  
Old 15 August 2019, 10:08   #362
Clydos
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Dresden / Germany
Posts: 151
Sounds great!
Clydos is offline  
Old 16 August 2019, 09:10   #363
twiggy

twiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Devon, U.K.
Age: 30
Posts: 395
Excellent stuff!
twiggy is offline  
Old 22 September 2019, 14:48   #364
Clamshell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: CGN
Posts: 16
Anything new here? Its interesting if it works with C64
Clamshell is offline  
Old 22 September 2019, 19:22   #365
MickGyver
Registered User

MickGyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
Anything new here? Its interesting if it works with C64
Well, I have been meaning to create a new thread for the new version. The design is ready and I have built seven of these now (I will put five of them for sale soon) and they all seem to work fine. They work very well on both my A1200 machines and they seem to work perfectly with Ultimate Body Blows that could have a small issue with my previous design and even the original CD32 gamepad on my CD32.

It's possible to put this new design into an "alternative two button mode" that entirely disables the pull-up resistors to make it fully compatible with the C64, unlike my previous design and the original CD32 gamepad. With a two-button adapter for the C64 that I have made, some games on the C64 will even have two-button functionality. Up and Down on the dpad are also mapped to the green and yellow buttons automatically when switching to the alternative two-button mode.

On a more technical note, the new design fixes an issue with the original Amiga<->CD32 interface (it eliminates brief output high vs. output low on pin 6). This could make it more reliable on some A1200 machines, too early to tell though.
MickGyver is offline  
Old 22 September 2019, 22:36   #366
xubidoo
Scoobydoo

xubidoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Blackburn,UK
Posts: 189
are these avail pre-built? (never used soldering iron in my life) and wouldnt have a clue on building a kit.
xubidoo is offline  
Old 23 September 2019, 03:41   #367
lmimmfn
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Mullingar
Posts: 52
Also would be interested in prebuilt if available?
lmimmfn is offline  
Old 24 September 2019, 18:47   #368
donnie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sthlm
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
Well, I have been meaning to create a new thread for the new version. The design is ready and I have built seven of these now (I will put five of them for sale soon) and they all seem to work fine. They work very well on both my A1200 machines and they seem to work perfectly with Ultimate Body Blows that could have a small issue with my previous design and even the original CD32 gamepad on my CD32.

It's possible to put this new design into an "alternative two button mode" that entirely disables the pull-up resistors to make it fully compatible with the C64, unlike my previous design and the original CD32 gamepad. With a two-button adapter for the C64 that I have made, some games on the C64 will even have two-button functionality. Up and Down on the dpad are also mapped to the green and yellow buttons automatically when switching to the alternative two-button mode.

On a more technical note, the new design fixes an issue with the original Amiga<->CD32 interface (it eliminates brief output high vs. output low on pin 6). This could make it more reliable on some A1200 machines, too early to tell though.

That is so bad ass.
donnie is offline  
Old 28 September 2019, 14:27   #369
skyzoo73
Registered User

skyzoo73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Italy
Age: 46
Posts: 5
I sent a private message because I'm very interested in the assembled gamepad. But no answer. Eventually if it is only a matter of assembling it without the need for welding, I would be equally interested. I hope it includes a guide on how to do it. Thanks.
skyzoo73 is offline  
Old 28 September 2019, 21:33   #370
MickGyver
Registered User

MickGyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyzoo73 View Post
I sent a private message because I'm very interested in the assembled gamepad. But no answer. Eventually if it is only a matter of assembling it without the need for welding, I would be equally interested. I hope it includes a guide on how to do it. Thanks.
I have you on my list. I will contact you when I have an assembled gamepad ready for you.
MickGyver is offline  
Old 09 October 2019, 19:29   #371
tooloudtoowide
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Warsaw, POLAND
Posts: 2
interested in 2 full kits
tooloudtoowide is offline  
Old Yesterday, 22:20   #372
CrazyPepsi
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Sweden
Posts: 26
it is so cool to hava a new gampad !
CrazyPepsi is offline  
Old Today, 10:35   #373
dodke
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London / UK
Posts: 62
Any chance to buy one (eventually)? Assembled would be nice but kit would do.
dodke is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Amiga cd32 joystick Case arananet Hardware mods 11 26 September 2016 20:09
Buying a CD32 compatible gamepad is cool but... Mounty Retrogaming General Discussion 2 04 August 2013 16:02
CD32 Gamepad on Winuae? fribse New to Emulation or Amiga scene 1 12 May 2007 00:42
Custom CD32 Covers online TheBoss Amiga scene 343 31 December 2006 16:25
Custom sleeves for CD32 Compilations in The Zone! ChrisBrownUK Amiga scene 13 18 November 2005 16:11

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08730 seconds with 15 queries