English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 03 October 2009, 04:58   #1
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Improving at making bug reports

Hi,

I've been told a few times these last weeks about the lack of usable information my bug reports would bear.

Instead of giving up (it takes more than potatoes to annoy me to the point I would never come back posting on EAB again ), I prefer to think about better ways of making bug reports. I would appreciate if you shared some insights and experiences, good or bad, you have on that matter.

I sometimes make bug reports
  • in Prb. WinUAE, for I use Toni's emulator very often to emulate "beefed up" Amigas
  • on the WHDload Mantis bug report site, since like most users gathering their favorite games "by the pound" from KG site, I experience some slave errors for a low but significant proportion of these preinstalled games.

For a moment, I have been wondering if that criticism was not aimed at convincing me of buying an A1200.

Sorry to disappoint you if that's the case, I should stay with my dear DVDBOX, TOSERVE and TURIONIC (these are the little names I gave to my PCs, one for the multimedia, the other for office tasks, the third is a laptop with a Turion CPU) for various reasons, the main one being that what remains of the French Amiga scene is mostly interested in MorphOS.

It doesn't mean that you cannot state your POV about the qualitative difference a bug report made with WinUAE bears with one made with the real machine.

I'll ignore comments such as "you should have realized how lame was this bug report of yours". Try to stay on topic, please (with sugar on top).