Old 22 April 2002, 18:30   #21
darkseid

Angry

sorry forgot to mention

OS is Win XP

Old 22 April 2002, 19:11   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Argh.. Non-vsync fullscreen mode is buggy, it may drop every other frame causing big slowdown...

I think it is time for another public beta soon...
Old 22 April 2002, 23:09   #23
jmmijo

Toni, you're doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work on WinUAE and these BETA test releases. I think with the different machines out there, we all here should be able to find most, if not all the bugs and quirks of code
Old 22 April 2002, 23:20   #24
Ian
Global Moderator

I think all beta versions should be publically released, this way you get a massive user base and machine spec spread right across the board.

I do understand why you don't do this Toni, but I think it would help.
Old 22 April 2002, 23:23   #25
oldpx

If beta versions make it to the public there will be a lot more problems and demand for solutions. This may give winuae a bad name

Old 22 April 2002, 23:26   #26
Ian
Global Moderator

Your right of course, but that's one of the reason I can think of for Toni not doing it

Anyway, it doesn't really matter now, Toni say's when it's going to be released and that's when it is released. This never used to happen so I suppose we're all better off anyway
Old 22 April 2002, 23:29   #27
jmmijo

Stick out tongue Obligatory AOL response

me too
Old 22 April 2002, 23:29   #28
Mclane
Old retro god.

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
If beta versions make it to the public there will be a lot more problems and demand for solutions. This may give winuae a bad name
Sadly it's true..

The more the public see, the more chance Toni will get flooded by 'lamers' (ah, the good old days) who scream abuse when their tiny often mistakenly spotted bug isn't fixed in the next 2 mins.

I'd hate for Toni etc to get so pissed off by the needless complaints that the emu gets side lined. The work is much appreciated and Toni can see that, lets keep the happy balance..
Old 29 April 2002, 07:35   #29
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni Wilen

Do you have NTSC enabled? (I just noticed NTSC-mode's sound seems to be broken in recent winuae releases..)
I had been having no luck with the sound in R3, though it was slightly better in the sound fix beta. Sound was somewhat choppy in either of those versions. After noticing a post on the UAE discussion board that said that someone had noticed that the problem only occurred if NTSC was enabled, I went back and tried turning NTSC off. Suddenly sound was once again clear, with no choppiness. I used Shadow of the Beast as my test case, and it sounded great with NTSC turned off. Oddly enough, I had expected to see the game speed and music tempo affected, but it all seemed to run at normal speed. It sounds like (no pun intended) you're on the right track to solving this if you're concentrating on fixing NTSC sound.

Thanks for all your efforts. They are greatly appreciated.
Old 29 April 2002, 08:21   #30
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Thans for reports. It seems creating fully automatic and working sound adjustment is futile.. Next WinUAE release will have manual sound adjust slider and minimal automatic adjustment.
Old 29 April 2002, 08:23   #31
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni Wilen
Thans for reports. It seems creating fully automatic and working sound adjustment is futile.. Next WinUAE release will have manual sound adjust slider and minimal automatic adjustment.
Do you think this has to do with the timing veriations between machines or even from the same machine? Remember that all these PC's have many different perhipherals attached and they all can hickup from time to time or just not play nice with each other