English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General > Coders. Tutorials

Old 30 July 2012, 19:13   #1
Jherek Carnelia
Dazed and Confused

Introductory programming courses from MIT/Berkeley/Harvard

MIT, Harvard and Berkeley are offering free online courses in introductory programming/computer science etc. for anyone interested.

Not Amiga related obviously, but who knows, could be good. I done the first one (Circuits and Electronics) with MIT back in the spring, and these are not trivial, they take a significant amount of time and effort but you get to learn good stuff. And get a certificate too, for what its worth!

Ah, here's the link! https://www.edx.org/courses

Last edited by Jherek Carnelia; 30 July 2012 at 19:14. Reason: Forgot the link!
Old 30 July 2012, 21:13   #2
jimbob

AHA! Nice to see a fellow 6002xer on the EAB. Hi Jherek.

I also took the MITx pilot course and I'm planning to take at least one of the new offerings from EDx. Haven't decided what yet.

I highly recommend the circuits and electronics course if you have the time and interest. You needn't take the prerequisites too seriously as one of the main points of the course is to abstract away a lot of maths and physics to simplify cicruit analysis. But this is a theory course and it will help a lot if you understand the background maths and physics.

So much stuff is available online for self study but the structure of these courses provides an excellent motivational crutch for those , (like me), who need it, plus lots of help in the excellent forum.
Old 08 August 2012, 02:45   #3
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

I took a gander at some of them. The circuits and electronics course (6.002x) looks cool and the programming one (6.00x) would teach me another programming language (Python), but I don't have enough spare time right now with all my current amiga projects
I have bookmarked the site so I can may consider doing them when I do have enough spare time to put into them.

Last edited by Lonewolf10; 08 August 2012 at 02:52.