Old 08 September 2019, 13:15   #301
chip

I really hope this thread will go fine now, in every sense

As collector, indeed, i just will wait for the next releases
Old 08 September 2019, 16:04   #302
NLS
Ancient User

Sorry I think we missed the point here.
So the important thing is if this thread goes "fine"?
This is a thread about some disks that started 3.5 YEARS ago.

Things started escalating after some point of really no action.
I fully disapprove personal attacks and hate speech.

The thread "going fine" is for those disks to finally be saved and released hopefully.
And then the thread will have no point to go on.

Before that point in time, if it ever comes, the thread exists (else please give me another reason), for the people involved to actually tell us of any progress made or if for some reason there is no progress, or ask for help or say that they give up (which is perfectly OK, we all have RL going on, and hopefully make sure the disks reach hands that can make progress).

So people asking for any info (when almost none is given) in THREE AND A HALF YEARS, is not "insulting", it is justified ...because IIRC the escalation started exactly from this.
It didn't reach personal attacks immediately. It escalated from attacking people that asked if there is any progress.
Because we seem to forget how and why this started (as us "plain members" see, except of course if there are other reasons not seen in public forum).
Old 08 September 2019, 17:05   #303
zodiac

Yeah, a simple update would go a long way. Galahad provided updates when he was working to become a police officer then quit because it was too hard. This should be an easier update for him.
Old 08 September 2019, 18:47   #304
DamienD
Banned

There's nothing wrong with casually asking for a simple update every now and then.

...but that's not what's been occurring in this thread recently i.e. badgering / slagging off Subzero / Galahad and all sorts of ill mannered posts (most of which have now been removed by the offenders after my warning today).

Hence why zero tolerance in this thread will now be enforced until people can just chill out a bit, not resort to name calling / offending posts; and finally accept that they'll get updates from the source when they are ready to give them.
Old 08 September 2019, 19:52   #305
tmb
scene mystery

do you really think cencorship and victim blaming is the right way to handle this?
Old 08 September 2019, 20:03   #306
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb View Post
do you really think cencorship and victim blaming is the right way to handle this?
Do you really think abusing people is the way to move this thread forward???

May I ask why after my warning today you suddenly deleted all your offending posts?

...just so you know, any GMod can still read them

Again, zero tolerance with this thread until some of you can start acting like adults and not 10 years old children.

You want to discuss further; then PM me.

Last edited by DamienD; 08 September 2019 at 20:45.
Old 08 September 2019, 21:12   #307
Ian
Global Moderator

It is fairly simple. Do not post in this thread if you are just going to post drivel.

TMB, you talk about censorship but are you talking about yourself here? I can see it was actually you that deleted all your own posts, yet here you are crying about censorship like it was something we did.

I'm interested to know why you are claiming you are the victim. Let's put that down to you not knowing what you are talking about.

From what I can see not one of you cares about this 'dead' project yet you can do nothing but badger Galahad and subzero about it, and even bring it up in other threads.

If you want to troll then I suggest you leave the forum before such action is forced upon you.

Despite what you may think no one deserves to be hounded when giving up their free time for the community. If that's how you want to behave then you are not the type of member required at this forum.

There are many other forums where you may find like minded individuals that feel they are owed people's time. I suggest if you cannot let this drivel go, you find one.
Old 08 September 2019, 21:48   #308
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Crikey......

So..... this thread huh?

I've actually not gotten to read all the missives that were either directed at me or Subzero, had more important things on my plate to deal with, but thanks to those that pointed this out and shame on a few people for being utter arseholes about it.

Lets be clear about one thing: I and Subzero owe the complainers in this thread.......... NOTHING!

Not one thing!

So with that in mind, hurling insults toward Subzero, who has achieved and done more for the Amiga scene than some of you can dream of, is an extra special thing to hear.

I'm sure he'll get right on it now that you've acted like petulant children about it.

Got any missives? Direct them at me not Subzero.

I will be returning to imaging the disks next week, but without wanting to air my personal shit in public, sometimes we have to deal with the very WORST that life has to offer, and that means other things get pushed aside, including disks from a over 20 years defunct platform.

Thanks to those with offers of help (Ste), but the reason why Subzero entrusted the disks to me is because theres some stuff on some of the disks that he doesn't want spread, or in some cases, wants to view the disks first before considering if they SHOULD be spread.

Once he's happy, then they get spread on here.

I've got a bag full of "don't give a 'fluff'" if you don't like the situation, that's the way it is, to everyone else, thanks for your patience, normal service will resume shortly.

Last edited by Ian; 09 September 2019 at 09:06.
Old 08 September 2019, 23:14   #309
Agilent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
So..... this thread huh?

I've actually not gotten to read all the missives that were either directed at me or Subzero, had more important things on my plate to deal with, but thanks to those that pointed this out and shame on a few people for being utter arseholes about it.

Lets be clear about one thing: I and Subzero owe the complainers in this thread.......... NOTHING!

Not one thing!

So with that in mind, hurling insults toward Subzero, who has achieved and done more for the Amiga scene than some of you can dream of, is an extra special thing to hear.

I'm sure he'll get right on it now that you've acted like petulant children about it.

I will be returning to imaging the disks next week, but without wanting to air my personal shit in public, sometimes we have to deal with the very WORST that life has to offer, and that means other things get pushed aside, including disks from a over 20 years defunct platform.

Thanks to those with offers of help (Ste), but the reason why Subzero entrusted the disks to me is because theres some stuff on some of the disks that he doesn't want spread, or in some cases, wants to view the disks first before considering if they SHOULD be spread.

I've got a bag full of "don't give a 'fluff'" if you don't like the situation, that's the way it is, to everyone else, thanks for your patience, normal service will resume shortly.

If your dick wasn't so short, I said: "Go **** your self, you arrogant ****"

This user has now been banned for 2 weeks, I have left this post so you can see the sort of post that will lead to such action. If you feel the need to post in such a manner, expect the same treatment.

Last edited by Ian; 09 September 2019 at 09:07.
Old 08 September 2019, 23:30   #310
Viceroy

Quote:
So..... this thread huh?

Not one thing!

Well said Galahad!

Last edited by Ian; 09 September 2019 at 09:07.
Old 08 September 2019, 23:37   #311
lesta_smsc

Oh boy... just when I thought it was going to be civil... Please can we refrain from using obscenity it really does lower the standards the forum to have this sort of language.

I agree with Galahad; we (community and wider public) aren't owed anything. To be fair, I am sometimes surprised when people code and release for free and others end up profiting from it.

Seems like this collection may hold some dark secrets lol but it may just have personal items that wish to be kept private...

In either case, good luck with the imaging and let's all just take a chill pill and sit back and play some Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 whilst waiting for this to be released
Old 09 September 2019, 05:37   #312
sTe

Floppy disk

Hi,

Sorry your going through some difficult times.

My offer still stands if you need any help, let me know. On your terms, I understand the privacy, just wanting to offer lending hand if I can. I have plenty of free time to help, hoping to free your free time on the more interesting stuff

I had emailed subzero back in June and he asked me to share my offer with you.

Regards

Stephen

Quote:
So..... this thread huh?

Not one thing!

Last edited by Ian; 09 September 2019 at 09:08.
Old 09 September 2019, 09:29   #313
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
So..... this thread huh?

Not one thing!

Hello, well i wish you courage for the hard life obstacles you met.

I hope also that Ste will be able to lend you a hand, because imaging those big collections is long and a burden.

See ya
Old 09 September 2019, 10:09   #314
fryguy

A lot of harsh words here, there might be more important stuff in life than imaging disks.

I of course also look forward to the disk images, but if we waited for 26 years, we can wait some more.

Last edited by fryguy; 09 September 2019 at 10:21.
Old 09 September 2019, 18:41   #315
Dooly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I've just spent some time going through all ~Uploads folders...

Must admit; I have no idea what you are talking about either Denis?
I think dlfrsilver was talking about the MAD collection from this thread : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=91103
Old 09 September 2019, 20:24   #316
rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooly View Post
I think dlfrsilver was talking about the MAD collection from this thread : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=91103

MAD and MAAD are diffrent scene groups
Old 09 September 2019, 21:45   #317
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooly View Post
heh, you're right :/

I was wrong here
Old 09 September 2019, 23:46   #318
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] without wanting to air my personal shit in public, sometimes we have to deal with the very WORST that life has to offer, and that means other things get pushed aside, including disks from a over 20 years defunct platform. [...]
Sorry to read that the delay was not due to something pleasant as suggested with humour in my previous post (#272).
I hope that everything will go as well as it could be for whoever is involved/impacted in the sad situation of life.
Old 09 September 2019, 23:55   #319
jarre

Why all this speculations in this forum, close it up will stop all this. And whenever this collection will see the light of day just make a new thread. As long there is no news about imaging this collection this thread is totally useless.....so for the best of everyone....close this thread.....
Old 10 September 2019, 03:21   #320
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
Yeah, a simple update would go a long way. Galahad provided updates when he was working to become a police officer then quit because it was too hard. This should be an easier update for him.
hmm Imagine all the old computers in lock up, from the warez bbs/ hack/phreak days, unless they auction those off??

And if Galahad was a police officer, would he be more biased to current Fairlight members and let them off??

hmm looking forward to finding some old classics in the collection.