English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.EAB File Server

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 28 November 2017, 23:17   #1781
AZka
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Budapest
Posts: 4
I usually read, and then I try to say more.

Only 97 left
AZka is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 28 November 2017, 23:27   #1782
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,067
If you have something special you want upload, you may get the account almost instantly.
I take the new rules as some kind of motivation to keep the amiga spirit alive.
therefore ppl are forced to take part on the board and help each other - every bit counts - just say "hello" to a new member

on the other side, there is the google mirror and the 2nd ftp with good speed

Last edited by emufan; 28 November 2017 at 23:37.
emufan is offline  
Old 29 November 2017, 00:13   #1783
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,663
Exactly emufan

...it's not like anyone has been totally cut off from accessing files.

Turran has worked very hard to provide many options; even to non-EAB members...

...and as you say, there is still the mirror provided by DannyBoy without any restrictions.

If you want full access to the main "EAB File Server" though, then all we are asking is for you to be active member / part of the EAB community

...let's be fair, the only way we can judge that is by post count; and to be honest, 100 posts isn't much really.
DamienD is offline  
Old 29 November 2017, 01:38   #1784
Dunny
Registered User

Dunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Scunthorpe/United Kingdom
Posts: 864
I think I managed to reach 100 posts in just under 18 months - it's not really much of a hardship.
Dunny is offline  
Old 29 November 2017, 01:42   #1785
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,663
Yup, and as per one of my previous posts in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
If a new user posted say 3 per day, he / she would have full "EAB File Server" privileges in just over a month.
...not difficult really or setting the bar way too high
DamienD is offline  
Old 29 November 2017, 01:57   #1786
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Let's be honest, "100 posts" isn't many really... If a new user posted say 3 per day, he / she would have full "EAB File Server" privileges in just over a month.
I would say it could be done in just one day if you had sufficient enthusiasm.

When you've just joined up there are almost 90,000 unread threads for you to browse!

Surely it must be possible to find 100 opportunities to post in that many threads!
prowler is offline  
Old 29 November 2017, 02:07   #1787
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,663


...but not everyone is chatty or willing to post straight after just joining for some reason.

However, I was completely the opposite. My whole reason for joining EAB back in 2005 was due to having numerous questions / things to ask / get help with.

Still, after a few months you're there, if really serious about the Amiga / EAB and not just a leecher.
DamienD is offline  
Old 29 November 2017, 09:45   #1788
AZka
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Budapest
Posts: 4
I tried google drive. I'll be right. Thank you for your work.

I'm still a reader
AZka is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 17:55   #1789
Turran
Registered User

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 43
Posts: 917
Fixed a bug (Why nobody report these things?)..

Users who got a "No EAB Forum account name passed. Internal error.." when trying to register an FTP account can now try again.
Turran is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 18:02   #1790
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,663
Just searched the "EAB File Server" for files with the name "Workbench" or "Kickstart".

Found all these that I'm about to remove:

Quote:
/~Uploads/FanAmiga/Sonstiges/MyAmigaDownloads/OLD/wb13_1.zip
/~Uploads/FanAmiga/Sonstiges/MyAmigaDownloads/OLD/wb30_full.zip
/~Uploads/FanAmiga/Sonstiges/MyAmigaDownloads/OLD/workbench3.1.zip
/~Uploads/FanAmiga/Sonstiges/MyAmigaDownloads/sea7/my Dumps/Workbench1.3.zip
/~Uploads/FanAmiga/Sonstiges/SnStGs/other/Amiga Kickstart Roms (For WinUAE).zip
/~Uploads/FanAmiga/Sonstiges/SnStGs/other/AmigaOS_Kickstart_(Kickstart_v1.1-v1.2-v1.3-v2.0-v3.0-v3.1.Q.rar
/~Uploads/FanAmiga/Sonstiges/SnStGs/other/amiga kickstart rom and workbench 3.1.zip
/~Uploads/Newpain/For Rename in tosec format/autres/Amiga WorkBench 1.3.zip
/~Uploads/Sea7/Tosec UNK/my Dumps/Workbench1.3.zip
Guys, as per Rules & Help; please do not upload Workbench / Kickstart ROMs anywhere on EAB or the EAB File Server

Last edited by DamienD; 08 December 2017 at 18:20.
DamienD is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 18:26   #1791
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,663
...and more "wb" stuff

Quote:
/Commodore_Amiga/Collection/BBS/Amimania 1/UTILS/WB
/Commodore_Amiga/Collection/BBS/Amimania 1/UTILS/WB/WB13.ZIP
/Commodore_Amiga/Collection/BBS/Amimania 1/UTILS/WB/WB20.ZIP
/Commodore_Amiga/Collection/BBS/Amimania 1/UTILS/WB/WB3_0.ZIP
/~Uploads/FanAmiga/Sonstiges/MyAmigaDownloads/Sjakie43/WB 3.1.hdf
/~Uploads/Newpain/For Rename in tosec format/autres/WB13FR.zip
/~Uploads/Thalion/amigaemulatorCD/AMIGA/WB20.ADF
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB13_1.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB13_2.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB20_1.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB20_2.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB20_3.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB30_1.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB30_2.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB30_3.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB30_4.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB30_5.DMS
/~Uploads/Tirinoarim/Tirinoarim_1/UTILS/WB30_6.DMS
I should really do the following for all users listed above and in post #13:

a) Give 2 week temporary bans.
b) Disable your "EAB File Server" accounts.

Last edited by DamienD; 08 December 2017 at 18:35.
DamienD is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 18:50   #1792
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a Pub
Age: 50
Posts: 3,987
This needs to be changed for the EAB File Server:-

Quote:
If you want to upload some files to the server, please consider the following upload rules:

Upload Rules
  • DO NOT upload "IPF Images", "Workbench Disks", "Kickstart ROMs/Disks" & software or music files still supported/for sale.
  • DO NOT upload NEVER EVER APC & TCP Software.
  • Upload your files to folder called your EAB User Name.
  • Post a reply here what you have uploaded or create a thread about it when you have several files to upload.
And add right underneath in RED BOLD:-

* * * W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G * * *

Those found in violation of the above rules will automatically earn themselves the following ban:-
  1. First Offence a 1 week ban
  2. Second Offence a 1 month ban
  3. Third offence a permanent ban
and have their EAB File Server accounts suspended until further notice or disabled permanently.


* * * W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G * * *

EDIT: @Turran, is there a way to implement, for GM's only, a weekly report of what has been uploaded to the user folders/per user?

We can then use that to weed out any illegal uploads without having to search the whole ~uploads folder. I know this might be a pain, and if it is, just ignore me <DH whistles>

Last edited by DH; 08 December 2017 at 20:08.
DH is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 20:11   #1793
mai
Moderator
mai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stendal/Germany
Age: 49
Posts: 4,586
So have fun to locate those many WBs and KSs inside archives and ISOs!
mai is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 20:12   #1794
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a Pub
Age: 50
Posts: 3,987
Thanks mai, you had to spoil it

EDIT: We rely on the common decency of users to report such violations, so we can respond accordingly

EDIT2: Perhaps the uploads should be placed into quarantine before being placed into the appropriate user folder, however, I don't like the idea of that as it makes the GM's jobs that much harder, and we are already pretty stretched as it is.

Last edited by DH; 08 December 2017 at 20:18.
DH is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 20:45   #1795
Turran
Registered User

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 43
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
EDIT: @Turran, is there a way to implement, for GM's only, a weekly report of what has been uploaded to the user folders/per user?
Everything is possible (almost) =) As a quick fix, I've changed the "Show last 500 uploads" button on https://grandis.nu/eabuser/ if you are an admin. It now shows 25000 last uploads..
Turran is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 20:47   #1796
Turran
Registered User

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 43
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Perhaps the uploads should be placed into quarantine before being placed into the appropriate user folder, however, I don't like the idea of that as it makes the GM's jobs that much harder, and we are already pretty stretched as it is.
I tried that a year or so ago. You could only see your own upload folder and had to request things to be moved out of it from "someone".. It only lasted 2-3 hours because people were screaming so much =)
Turran is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 20:52   #1797
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a Pub
Age: 50
Posts: 3,987
Cheers Turran

We can now search using ctrl F for possible candidates, much quicker than using an ftp client

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
I tried that a year or so ago. You could only see your own upload folder and had to request things to be moved out of it from "someone".. It only lasted 2-3 hours because people were screaming so much =)
Haha! I can imagine. On the old CiA site, all uploads went to a hidden upload folder for that user and was only accessible to the Admins, we looked, checked, then moved their uploads to their public user folder. It worked, but on a small level, however this is EAB and the user level and upload level is by far, much much bigger, so it's not ideally plausible tbh.

Last edited by DH; 08 December 2017 at 20:58.
DH is offline  
Old 08 December 2017, 20:57   #1798
mark_k
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location:
Posts: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
This needs to be changed for the EAB File Server:-
Just wondering, what's the rationale behind not allowing IPF files?
mark_k is online now  
Old 08 December 2017, 21:04   #1799
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a Pub
Age: 50
Posts: 3,987
I can only presume it's because it's an unaltered disk format that keeps the integrity of the original commercial disk with original copy protection as it was when first released.

However, I am not entirely sure, but I guess DamienD will definitely have the correct answer

EDIT: IPF images shouldn't be available to people who didn't/don't own the originals. So basically, distribution of these images is NOT allowed, regardless of preservation. It's probably all to do with how the ipf preserves the original content of the original disk, including copy protection, and therefore, like many other (c) items digitally converted, you require an original to own the digital rights, unless you've paid for the digital copy.

Basically that is my interpretation of why we can't publicly distribute IPF images on the forum, we're simply, and potentially, breaking copyright laws and EAB could be closed down.

Last edited by DH; 08 December 2017 at 23:38.
DH is offline  
Old 09 December 2017, 01:57   #1800
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

kkgarbod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
I can only presume it's because it's an unaltered disk format that keeps the integrity of the original commercial disk with original copy protection as it was when first released.

However, I am not entirely sure, but I guess DamienD will definitely have the correct answer

EDIT: IPF images shouldn't be available to people who didn't/don't own the originals. So basically, distribution of these images is NOT allowed, regardless of preservation. It's probably all to do with how the ipf preserves the original content of the original disk, including copy protection, and therefore, like many other (c) items digitally converted, you require an original to own the digital rights, unless you've paid for the digital copy.

Basically that is my interpretation of why we can't publicly distribute IPF images on the forum, we're simply, and potentially, breaking copyright laws and EAB could be closed down.
Doesn't uploading any game break copyright law? How does Agony.ipf break copyright law but Agony.adf doesn't?
kkgarbod is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
While EAB file server is down... Retroplay project.EAB File Server 23 31 December 2013 01:48
Setting up an EAB file server account. fatman2021 project.EAB 1 26 August 2013 09:24
Is EAB file server deleted ? Ribdevil project.EAB File Server 13 03 February 2012 20:28
EAB File Server structure update TCD project.EAB File Server 38 18 November 2010 07:49
EAB File Server team reinforcement TCD project.EAB File Server 9 22 August 2010 21:39

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.23610 seconds with 13 queries