English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 17 May 2013, 21:46   #1
Leandro Jardim

AmigaBASIC Compilers

Hi guys, what options of AmigaBASIC compilers does exists today for me? I know only of two: Cursor, which of I dont know yet where to find it and AC-Basic Compiler which was used by ZeEmulatron to compile its games and that is available in TOSEC.

Somebody can answer my question and indicate for me where I can find them?

I am collecting many GW-BASIC programs and interpreters and AmigaBASIC and ABasiC too, just for fun...

Thanks.
Old 17 May 2013, 22:42   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
Hi guys, what options of AmigaBASIC compilers does exists today for me?
Hi Leandro,

Other than those you mention, I know only of the AmigaBASIC-compatible ACE ( http://aminet.net/package/dev/basic/ace24dist and http://www.users.on.net/~dbenn/docs/aadicts.html ).

Quote:
I am collecting many GW-BASIC programs and interpreters and AmigaBASIC and ABasiC too, just for fun...
BTW, if you ever get hold of the 'Boulder Bob' game, published by Compute! and coded by Randy Thompson in AmigaBASIC, or if you already have it, could you possibly let me have a copy, please? Even a code-listing would be fine.

I need it to complete the recovery of a Compute! Games Disk for Ze Emulatron. Thanks.

Last edited by prowler; 17 May 2013 at 22:51.
Old 18 May 2013, 00:22   #3
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Hi Leandro,

Other than those you mention, I know only of the AmigaBASIC-compatible ACE ( http://aminet.net/package/dev/basic/ace24dist and http://www.users.on.net/~dbenn/docs/aadicts.html ).
Thanks prowler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
BTW, if you ever get hold of the 'Boulder Bob' game, published by Compute! and coded by Randy Thompson in AmigaBASIC, or if you already have it, could you possibly let me have a copy, please? Even a code-listing would be fine.

I need it to complete the recovery of a Compute! Games Disk for Ze Emulatron. Thanks.
Hmmm. The Compute Games would be a great addition to my collection... But unfortunately I dont have that disk. If I get my hands over a copy I will let you know immediately, Ok?
Old 18 May 2013, 00:43   #4
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Hmmm. The Compute Games would be a great addition to my collection... But unfortunately I dont have that disk. If I get my hands over a copy I will let you know immediately, Ok?
Thanks, Leandro. That's the only file now missing from the disk which Ze Emulatron sent me for salvaging. I have the ReadMe and icon files for the game, but not the program itself. As far as I can tell, the program was stored on the disk in semi-compiled format (not ASCII), so it's just possible that six unidentified data blocks on the disk belong to that program, but there's no way of telling, since the file header block is missing.

I bought the entire collection of Compute! Magazines on three DVDs from eBay, but they are not indexed and I haven't found the listing for that game yet (I'm not actually sure it was published in the Magazine, but it's not in either the First or Second Compute! Books of the Amiga).

When I find that program, I will be uploading a copy of the disk for Ze Emulatron and you can grab it too.
Old 22 May 2013, 22:59   #5
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

HiSoft Basic
Maxon Basic