English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 27 March 2009, 12:57   #61
seuden
uber cool demi god

Even if you did know the contributor it is still illegal for him to share it with you.
Old 27 March 2009, 13:08   #62
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Look, as a contributor to the SPS project, I do not think it's right that they list who contributed every single game.

If you dump a game it should be your call whether or not you let people know you dumped it, not the SPS team's option to publish this information. I completely agree with that, and believe that is how it works. (Adding thanks for contributors is different).

I've shared all my images, and don't mind if people ask me for copies of them, I'll gladly oblige. But that is my choice.

You shouldn't be able to see from a game who dumped it, unless they want to disclose that information. If I chose to keep my dumps to myself I wouldn't want random people emailing me asking for copies.
Old 27 March 2009, 13:09   #63
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
In the current situation, I can't see who's that "HELP" contributor, I can't ask the company to inform him of my intention to deal with him and about my ethical ways of conducting such deals. I can never know in what disposition he is concerning that backup he made.
Make a thread in 'Marketplace' and ask for 'HELP'. Someone might offer it and then you send it (or the dump) to SPS. They send the IPF back to you, job done, hurray! What's so hard to understand about that? You keep posting about this even if ALL SPS members have told you to drop the subject. Guess this one should be closed too.

Last edited by TCD; 27 March 2009 at 13:15.
Old 27 March 2009, 13:40   #64
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
I replied to KG, as he was willing to deliver these last bits of information deliberately taking not the SPS, but a record store as an example.

If contributors who wish to be listed are listed, and vice-versa, I guess that's all right with me. Privacy matters to certain people, they should decide if they want to have their name or handle listed, right ? (That could appear in the FAQ)

What is it that displeases you that much ? It's not a case of requesting for a rare ADF (and not a case where I appear to still be in demand before the SPS) , as I am sure you would have been the right person to bug about it.

I have posted about these games on LemonAmiga and sent an email to amikit.com, by the way.
Old 27 March 2009, 13:46   #65
IFW

It really does not matter who submitted a game that was actually ending up as an IPF. Sometimes it takes dozens of images of in fact extremely rare games, images coming from different parts of the world. You'd be surprised!
All the people who did help finding a game deserve a good copy back once it is found. They all do have the original, it's not their fault if theirs is modified, has missing data or other problems.
It is also entirely their decision to share or not to share. We won't disclose contributors of specific titles unless they are in fact the copyright holders - yet in that case they may still wish to remain anonymous for various reasons.
So I say you should just thank all contributors for their efforts of making game preservation possible.

As for enjoying a huge collection of IPFs or whatever: I don't think any one of us has ever had the time to actually play the games we preserved.
I wish I had the time, but it's time way better spent on development and more preservation.
Old 27 March 2009, 13:58   #66
Interceptor

here is how i see it.

you're pissed off becuase you cant get an IPF because the original contributor wont share it. sorry to hear that. its a tough life, you can hope some other contributor gets an IPF from us and gives you a copy.

then you're pissed coz when asking us to leak you this IPF so a whdload author can use it, we wouldnt do it.

all your further agruments are geared toward obtaining this goal, including the "i know there are select few that get them, nudge nudge, wink wink", and "i'm gonna get them from somewhere else but i wont say anything....except go on and on about it on this thread". so whats the goal there? try and prove we're giving IPFs to someone else and not to you, so we get in trouble?

all the facts regading this are here and its been addressed. many times, i for one am sick of your incorreherent rambling and attempts to cause problems, which is EXACTLY what you did in another thread that was closed. And now this ones closed too. congrats.