English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08 January 2018, 23:58   #21
ross
Omnia fert aetas

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 48
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Wasn't aimed at you
Going back from a little break makes you forget a little of everything.
Mine was a message to remember to myself

Quote:
Ziriax wouldn't be suitable for a comp anyway as its at least 700K of data
Maintaining the first intro (the zoomer, stripped from BM crack), the extro (destroyed by TT trainer, anyway not working in any floppy version existing), using for the data part the original cruncher (it's fast and i'm to lazy to repack everything ), adding a small cracktro/trainer, then I'm sure I'll have to use all 880KB.
For this I'll need to repack with something slower at least the intro/main code/data, but i'll load/depack during initial zoomer, so probably load time is lesser than the original.
I've made a special version of my OCEAN loader that loads at free disk offset (and not sector) to better use space [original also load a whole $1800*2 MFM track at free offset without sector].
ross is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 January 2018, 00:24   #22
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 44
Posts: 6,890
Yeah, that was my plan for Nitro, but it had a bug in it that I was struggling to narrow down, so I rejigged the format and still managed to get it all to fit.

Look forward to your results.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 30 January 2018, 17:58   #23
kipper2k
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Haven't tested myself, but apparently all TOSEC versions of Mike the Magic Dragon are faulty in some way...

Thing is though, there is an .IPF but it's not public. dlfrsilver has it but won't share so...

I'd like to bump this, The game uses track 80 for protection. Whenever you try to complete the first level you need to get the 3 letters in the correct order to continue (RAM, DIR etc) The adf tries to check the non existent track 80 and of course cannot authenticate and you cannot continue the game.

All ADFs fail
kipper2k is offline  
Old 30 January 2018, 22:16   #24
darkuni
RetroGaming Radio

darkuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Phoenix, USA
Posts: 46
This is such a great thread, I almost hate to tarnish it with just a complimentary post.
darkuni is offline  
Old 30 January 2018, 22:23   #25
seuden
uber cool demi god

seuden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent/England
Posts: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Haven't tested myself, but apparently all TOSEC versions of Mike the Magic Dragon are faulty in some way...

Thing is though, there is an .IPF but it's not public. dlfrsilver has it but won't share so...
Does the one linked on HOL not work?

BTW for sale on ebay. https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mike-The-Ma...wAAOSwnFZXVWFO

Last edited by seuden; 30 January 2018 at 22:32.
seuden is offline  
Old 30 January 2018, 23:12   #26
ross
Omnia fert aetas

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 48
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
I'd like to bump this, The game uses track 80 for protection. Whenever you try to complete the first level you need to get the 3 letters in the correct order to continue (RAM, DIR etc) The adf tries to check the non existent track 80 and of course cannot authenticate and you cannot continue the game.

All ADFs fail
I looked quickly at Mike and patched the .exe to skip the track 80 protection (a 2 byte patch, can be so simple?!). First level can be passed, but now i've no time to check more.
ADF in The Zone!
(game works only on KS1.x so need to be better fixed...)
ross is offline  
Old 30 January 2018, 23:19   #27
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 11,218
ross the man; back with another "just seen" request / fix

Last edited by DamienD; 31 January 2018 at 10:56.
DamienD is offline  
Old 30 January 2018, 23:28   #28
darkuni
RetroGaming Radio

darkuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Phoenix, USA
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
(game works only on KS1.x so need to be better fixed...)
There were a lot of really early Amiga games that seemed to be locked into KS 1.x (I remember a few like Major Motion, Arkanoid, etc). How is this "fixed" by the scene? What locks them to that version? Simple checks or ...?
darkuni is offline  
Old 30 January 2018, 23:29   #29
kipper2k
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
I looked quickly at Mike and patched the .exe to skip the track 80 protection (a 2 byte patch, can be so simple?!). First level can be passed, but now i've no time to check more.
ADF in The Zone!
(game works only on KS1.x so need to be better fixed...)
Thanks i will give it a test tonight
kipper2k is offline  
Old 31 January 2018, 00:32   #30
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 44
Posts: 6,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkuni View Post
There were a lot of really early Amiga games that seemed to be locked into KS 1.x (I remember a few like Major Motion, Arkanoid, etc). How is this "fixed" by the scene? What locks them to that version? Simple checks or ...?
The problems usually occur where the programmer does a JMP directly to a routine in Kickstart ROM instead of using proper dos.library/exec.library offsets which would take care of different Kickstart versions transparently.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 31 January 2018, 01:31   #31
kipper2k
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 3,675
got to level 3 and it seems to be ok, it is a very tough game (at least for me). After ages getting the letters USB and grabbin g the key, it was wrong!.. correct answer was BUS


did i mention i had to cheat, addresses change

68ae7 is mem location of lives
e9ff is for time left before the friggin annoying spider shows up. a WHDload conversion would be appreciated

edit: up to level 7, works good, mabbe tosec should be updated and all existing mikes be marked as bad with exception to this new one.
If you like platform games this will be fun (in so many ways lol)

Last edited by kipper2k; 31 January 2018 at 04:03.
kipper2k is offline  
Old 31 January 2018, 09:02   #32
ross
Omnia fert aetas

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 48
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
edit: up to level 7, works good, mabbe tosec should be updated and all existing mikes be marked as bad with exception to this new one.
If you like platform games this will be fun (in so many ways lol)
Good

I've updated the upload, so you can save the hiscore.
In the previous upload by mistake i've destroyed the [original disk sectors] bitmap that need to be 'illegal' to support bootblock intro load.
And hiscore file can overwrite the intro (garbage displayed )

If you want to do more test...

Last edited by ross; 31 January 2018 at 10:03. Reason: []
ross is offline  
Old 31 January 2018, 09:34   #33
seuden
uber cool demi god

seuden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent/England
Posts: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Good

I've updated the upload, so you can save the hiscore.
In the previous upload by mistake i've destroyed the bitmap that need to be 'illegal' to support bootblock intro load.
And hiscore file can overwrite the intro (garbage displayed )

If you want to do more test...
Great stuff.
seuden is offline  
Old 31 January 2018, 14:24   #34
kipper2k
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Good

I've updated the upload, so you can save the hiscore.
In the previous upload by mistake i've destroyed the [original disk sectors] bitmap that need to be 'illegal' to support bootblock intro load.
And hiscore file can overwrite the intro (garbage displayed )

If you want to do more test...

Perfect, i wondered what happened to the intro pic after the first load, i just kept loading it and game started. Thanks for this, this has been on my radar for a lonnng time
kipper2k is offline  
Old 04 February 2018, 20:01   #35
ross
Omnia fert aetas

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 48
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
a WHDload conversion would be appreciated
Probably is not even needed.
I've investigated the reason why KS1.x is needed and is due to a stupid call that expects a defined (wrong) result..
An ADF patch is on the way but can be better. With proper assign can start also from WB (logically need an AGA patch and some better init, maybe cache off).

If i'm not too lazy...
ross is offline  
Old 04 February 2018, 20:05   #36
ross
Omnia fert aetas

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 48
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Ziriax wouldn't be suitable for a comp anyway as its at least 700K of data
Quote:
.., then I'm sure I'll have to use all 880KB.
Actually I was wrong.
~
750bytes
remained unused
ross is offline  
Old 04 February 2018, 20:34   #37
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 11,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
a WHDload conversion would be appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Probably is not even needed.
I've investigated the reason why KS1.x is needed and is due to a stupid call that expects a defined (wrong) result..
An ADF patch is on the way but can be better. With proper assign can start also from WB (logically need an AGA patch and some better init, maybe cache off).

If i'm not too lazy...
@kipper2k; what's wrong with using ross's perfect, insanely good cracked / trained floppy disk version? Ziriax 100% (Ultimate Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
More significative patches:
- support all Amiga (ocs to aga, 020+, every memory configuration)
DamienD is offline  
Old 04 February 2018, 20:43   #38
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 5,881
He is requesting a WHDLoad patch for Mike the Magic Dragon and Ziriax!
StingRay is offline  
Old 04 February 2018, 20:51   #39
ross
Omnia fert aetas

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 48
Posts: 842
We've totally derailed original Galahad thread
ross is offline  
Old 04 February 2018, 21:27   #40
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 44
Posts: 6,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
We've totally derailed original Galahad thread
I shall not cry about it, we got 2 productive releases
Galahad/FLT is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cyber Games v1.2 Cracked guyfry Amiga scene 0 17 January 2015 22:25
Cracked versions of 3 games brolly request.Old Rare Games 21 09 January 2015 16:57
Some missing SPS stuff to contribute fitzsteve project.SPS (was CAPS) 0 09 December 2013 17:42
new dumps of cracked games dlfrsilver project.TOSEC (amiga only) 6 07 January 2013 00:52
Piracy/Cracked Games russraine Retrogaming General Discussion 123 21 April 2012 19:00

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09415 seconds with 14 queries