English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 01 November 2015, 20:12   #1
S0ulA55a551n

Magic Mouse 2

When setting to use the magic mouse 2 in fs-uae it no longer recognises the scroll. If I do not select the mouse specifically scroll works, but the mouse pointer is very sticky and gets stuck in specific areas of screen.

fs-use 2.6.2 on el captain

anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks
Old 07 November 2015, 16:20   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

"Magic Mouse 2" is the name of a specific mouse, right?

It is possible I haven't implemented scroll event handling for direct mouse device access yet, I'll have to check...

EDIT: Added reminder to check: https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues/90.
Old 07 November 2015, 19:32   #3
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
"Magic Mouse 2" is the name of a specific mouse, right?

It is possible I haven't implemented scroll event handling for direct mouse device access yet, I'll have to check...

EDIT: Added reminder to check: https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues/90.
The Magic Mouse 2 is Apple's second iteration of their silly named "Magic Mouse" bluetooth kitty, the one with a touch surface in place of the scroll wheel.
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/ML.../magic-mouse-2
Very frankly, it's a horrible mouse, especially if you want to play games and need to press more than one button at a time: it just does not support it and you have to lift all fingers but the one you want to click which is just horrible design.

Since a very large part of the mouse top surface is really a multitouch sensor it probably does not send buttons or analog axis information but actual multi-point touch data so you will need an additional driver.

Magic Mouse Utilities seem to make PC drivers for Apple Bluetooth peripherals and they have a relatively recent news indicating that they made progress in supporting the MagicMouse 2 and will at some point release a driver: http://www.trackpadmagic.com/magic-m...-magic-mouse-2

Hope this helps.
Old 11 November 2015, 13:07   #4
S0ulA55a551n

good info mr cat

I don;t use mac to play games that need mouse like that, bit of emulation and use xbox one controller for that so don't find it an issue. Also got trackpad

Magic mouse 2 is pretty cool for everyday use but I will admit i prefer a normal mouse as functions this mouse give me trackpad 2 covers
Old 12 November 2015, 02:14   #5
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Very frankly, it's a horrible mouse, especially if you want to play games and need to press more than one button at a time: it just does not support it and you have to lift all fingers but the one you want to click which is just horrible design.

Since a very large part of the mouse top surface is really a multitouch sensor it probably does not send buttons or analog axis information but actual multi-point touch data so you will need an additional driver.
And I had problems with mine. Nearly every day it pretends that I am clicking the right button, even though I am clicking the left. And I have to put up with this for a minute. It was so annoying, that I gave it a good thump and it now behaves itself. Yes, you can't use both mouse buttons which is very hard for me to test my A3000 Early Boot config where I installed both KS 1.3/2.0 on the same hard drive, as well as my A3000UX dual-boot config.
Old 18 June 2016, 08:50   #6
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulA55a551n View Post
good info mr cat

I don;t use mac to play games that need mouse like that, bit of emulation and use xbox one controller for that so don't find it an issue. Also got trackpad

Magic mouse 2 is pretty cool for everyday use but I will admit i prefer a normal mouse as functions this mouse give me trackpad 2 covers
They have finally released a version which supports the MagicMouse2: did you get to test it?

http://www.trackpadmagic.com/magic-mouse/download
Old 20 June 2016, 22:50   #7
S0ulA55a551n

No but I will do thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk