English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 06 December 2019, 12:06   #21
somacast

hello redblade,

yes I am a Bahraini citizen , and commodore generally was not all that popular back in days, it was msx due to Arabic language support by MSX Al-Alamiya at Kuwait which had partnership with MSX and Microsoft to run a full Arabic MSX and games.

however A500 , A600 did quite well, I remember as a kid seeing a few shops, they all used xcopy to sell games , Bahrain is PAL region generally, so mostly its uk pal here..

CD32 did not do any good, I had the chance to play it at a commodore showroom, but bought a cd32 from Bahrain used a few years ago... I love its design shape.
Old 06 December 2019, 18:53   #22
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by somacast View Post
hello redblade,

yes I am a Bahraini citizen , and commodore generally was not all that popular back in days, it was msx due to Arabic language support by MSX Al-Alamiya at Kuwait which had partnership with MSX and Microsoft to run a full Arabic MSX and games.

however A500 , A600 did quite well, I remember as a kid seeing a few shops, they all used xcopy to sell games , Bahrain is PAL region generally, so mostly its uk pal here..

CD32 did not do any good, I had the chance to play it at a commodore showroom, but bought a cd32 from Bahrain used a few years ago... I love its design shape.
Hi Somacast,

Thanks for answering those questions and here are a few more as I'm interested in the Amiga scene in Bahrain as you don't see many users from there

So your keyboard is a QWERTY one with the GBP £ pound symbol on it above the number 3? I thought you might have been shipped Australia/New Zealand Amigas which are PAL but with you US Keyboard.

Yeah XCopy was massive in New Zealand as well. How many pirated games do you have? Do any of them have intros at the beginning saying "This software was imported into Bahrain / Middle east by ...." ?

Do you have any Arabic software on the Amiga that could be added to TOSEC or the EAB collection.

Yes the CD32 is a nice machine sadly let down by not enough (quality) software compared to the Sega CD

Did you get your other Amiga 2000 working?
Old 06 December 2019, 21:06   #23
somacast

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade View Post
Hi Somacast,

Thanks for answering those questions and here are a few more as I'm interested in the Amiga scene in Bahrain as you don't see many users from there

So your keyboard is a QWERTY one with the GBP £ pound symbol on it above the number 3? I thought you might have been shipped Australia/New Zealand Amigas which are PAL but with you US Keyboard.

Yeah XCopy was massive in New Zealand as well. How many pirated games do you have? Do any of them have intros at the beginning saying "This software was imported into Bahrain / Middle east by ...." ?

Do you have any Arabic software on the Amiga that could be added to TOSEC or the EAB collection.

Yes the CD32 is a nice machine sadly let down by not enough (quality) software compared to the Sega CD

Did you get your other Amiga 2000 working?
I have # above number 3 in my commodore c64 & c128 and even my laptop, lol

no , intro usually is from the person who cracked it saying (cracked by so and so ) , yes I do have pirated floppies , converted from adfs, since my floppies were dead long ago..

no Arabic software for amiga with me, but my amiga had Arabic letters stickers added by someone earlier, no further information about that
Old 07 December 2019, 20:17   #24
redblade
Zone Friend

Thanks for that info
Old 08 December 2019, 08:23   #25
somacast

most welcome