English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 February 2017, 07:27   #1
xboxown

AmiKit author I have a question to ask you...

Hello,

In your AmiKit and even AmigaSYS there is an auto updater that checks the server if there is new version of the OS to update and it updates SYS: Work: and Game: partitions respectively without losing data or cause problems with repetitive files, etc. How do you make that work? Is there a program that is used for all types of OS suite that we can use?

Concerning AmiKit real, when will there will be an official release with setup and everything for AmiKit real that works 100% flawlessly with Vampire?

Thanks in advance.
Old 27 February 2017, 12:00   #2
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi: about AmiKit you have to ask in the support forum: http://forum.amiga.sk/

And about the Vampire working with a couple of clicks on AKReal I will do that as soon as I get a Vampire for my A1200
Old 27 February 2017, 20:18   #3
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hi: about AmiKit you have to ask in the support forum: http://forum.amiga.sk/

And about the Vampire working with a couple of clicks on AKReal I will do that as soon as I get a Vampire for my A1200
Noooo don't wait for that...you might end up a skeleton with no flesh or skin carrying your A1200 waiting in the waiting room for your turn! Just get a v600 or v500 or something and prepare it now on what you have current....Who knows when it will be out...it will be out..but not very soon..it may need a year or so...
Old 28 February 2017, 14:52   #4
bebek

I do not see any problems with my v600 setup and akreal.
Old 28 February 2017, 19:05   #5
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebek View Post
I do not see any problems with my v600 setup and akreal.

Yes but you need to go under the hood and know what you are doing to get it working. You did not have a simple installer where you just follow steps and it does everything in the background.
Old 01 March 2017, 00:19   #6
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi bebek, do you have Birdie working? I would like to see a video of your Amiga
Old 01 March 2017, 00:37   #7
DamienD
Banned

Retrofan; would you like everything in this thread moved to your AmiKit Real Support Thread thread?
Old 01 March 2017, 00:48   #8
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I don't know, as you like. He asks about AmiKit too.

Well, I can tell him about the Live Update that it isn't something magic, it just installs what it's programmed to update, it will delete what's necessary and install the same, that's all.

In fact it's much easier to make an update using the Live Update as it has a full access to all of the files. Time ago when I wasn't using it but an Update script it was much more difficult as sometimes I had to stop running processes.

And he talks about AmigaSYS making the same, but that isn't true and in fact AmigaSys has been dead for several years and there hasn't been a "recent" update. It doesn't exist an automatic Live Update but for AmiKit and AKReal, basically just because AmiKit was the one that created that option and supports it in the website (that has to pay).

BTW that's also why you should support AmiKit, it has Donate options to support it. Well, maybe you prefer to use Amiga in a box or AmigaSys that died just because of a lack of interest and you don't want/need any future update.

Also the AmiKit Live update won't update what you've got in Work (if he's got a partition with that name). I talk about AmiKit or AKReal till the 8th version, I don't know about Mac or Puppy or other things, so then he should use the AmiKit support forum instead.

Last edited by Retrofan; 01 March 2017 at 02:35.