English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 25 July 2005, 21:30   #41
RetroMan

Quote:
But the real problem is this: can anyone tell me how I call the lift on the third level of the game (that with "more vegetation")?

I tried almost all connections but I can't make the three cables to work. Every time I connect one cable another disconnects itself.

I'm getting crazy!
Well, you have to be patient, look what every single button does and what it lights on/off ! You have to connect every cable without having ONE SINGLE FIELD into another one .... I know it´s hard, but doable
Old 25 July 2005, 21:32   #42
rodi
Zone Friend

Hello,

I have uploaded a document (Hints and Tips for On Escapee) in the Zone to help some people blocked in this game.

Rodi
Old 26 July 2005, 08:22   #43
manicx

The puzzles are great! You have to look carefully how each button works. If you are pissed off with this, don't continue because in later levels there are more puzzles.
Old 26 July 2005, 08:46   #44
Critter

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh was lookin fwd to playin this

WTF!

another one with NSIS error

*critter joins the queue*
Old 21 April 2006, 10:56   #45
Jenesis

Hi. I, too, am stuck on onEscapee, in the city. I've found the big door that is presumably the exit, and I've found and tripped the eight switches which activate the code lock one screen back from the door. What I haven't managed to find is the door code itself. The only code I've managed to find is the one for the Magical Disappearing Bridge, which I tried just in case but which didn't work. If someone could show me where to find the code, I'd be grateful.

I did find what looks like a partial code at the first intersection you come to when you head back from the door, but I can't seem to fit the code symbols to the picture. I've had a few guesses, but none have worked. Given that there are 27000 combinations, I don't feel like fiddling with the thing for much longer.

Old 21 April 2006, 13:15   #46
Jenesis

Why, so it is! Thank you

Old 17 May 2006, 13:57   #47
Monsieur OUXX

Thanks to this forum, I discovered and tried OnEscapee.
Unfortunately, some of the puzzles err... puzzle me

Someone said in a previous post that he uploaded a walkthrough in "the Zone" but WHAT the hell is "the Zone"?

I'm quite surprised to discover that sometimes you can be definitely blocked in the game if you did a wrong action, with no chance to try again if you didn't make a proper savegame at the right time.
It happened to me when I had to kill the "false-bush-monster" at the right place (if you kill it at the wrong place, you're blocked).

Now I'm blocked somewhere else and I'm frightened thinking that I could have done something wrong that I couldn't undo : it's where there is a giant crab that eats you if you don't jump over it. At the beginning of this level, there is a kind of pterodactyl flying at the top of the screen. Do you have to do something with it before it flys away, or do you just have to deal with the monster hanging from the ceiling and with the passage behind the waterfall?

Old 17 May 2006, 14:08   #48
DamienD
Banned

Hello Monsieur OUXX,

Welcome to EAB

A good place to find information / links about loads of different stuff is the FAQ section: http://eab.abime.net/faq.php

Here you will find information about joining The Zone! there (which is a temporary file storage area): http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item

Unfortunately the OnEscapee hints / solution has now disappeared from The Zone!. Hopefully another member who has this can upload it again...
Old 17 May 2006, 14:16   #49
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Here's a link to an OnEscapee walkthrough. It's not that great but it covers the whole game. Has a few bugs though...
Here's one found on the web: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/spide/OnEscapee.html
Old 17 May 2006, 14:34   #50
DamienD
Banned

... and here's something else I found on some forum

Attached Files
File Type: txt OnEscapee_Solution.txt (14.5 KB, 270 views)
Old 17 May 2006, 22:37   #51
Monsieur OUXX

Thanks.

I entered "OnEscapee+walkthrough" in google but i was less successfull than you...

Old 18 May 2006, 00:17   #52
z00mba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoichi
Nevermind the map, I found a walkthrough. Though now I'm stuck underwater at the oil barrels. The solution says to shoot them then hide back into the water due to the explosion, but when I shoot them, nothing happens. I can go on and shoot them without anything happening. Is this a bug?

Jenesis: The 2nd code is next to the door of the club on the wall.

Edit: Reloaded a savestate. It was indeed a bug.
Not a bug but a lame coded game... you have to shoot the barrels *ONCE* (nothing happens) then turn back to jump into the water and then they will 'auto-magically' explode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur OUXX
Now I'm blocked somewhere else and I'm frightened thinking that I could have done something wrong that I couldn't undo : it's where there is a giant crab that eats you if you don't jump over it. At the beginning of this level, there is a kind of pterodactyl flying at the top of the screen. Do you have to do something with it before it flys away, or do you just have to deal with the monster hanging from the ceiling and with the passage behind the waterfall?
No. Just jump over the crab monster, then when you are near that strange snake-green-worm shoot it once then QUICKLY run to pass throu it. Just after the snake there is an hidden passage in the cavern wall (in the swadowed area) just press forward to enter it. You should save before the snake because it's kinda hard to shoot it then run throu it as it will prolly eat you a few times before you can get it right.

I made a map of the city if someone still need it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	onescapee_city_map.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	11078  

Last edited by z00mba; 18 May 2006 at 00:58.
Old 18 May 2006, 08:01   #53
blade002
Zone Friend

How shameful !!.. using walkthroughs and cheats!.. im dissapointed that you guys would give up so easy... I finished the game years ago on the Ami, and im sure you guys could do the same without help..
Old 18 May 2006, 11:38   #54
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
How shameful !!.. using walkthroughs and cheats!.. im dissapointed that you guys would give up so easy... I finished the game years ago on the Ami, and im sure you guys could do the same without help..
Even though I found those walkthroughs above, I will definitely not be taking a peek...

I managed to finish Another World and Flashback without hints / walkthroughs, would like to try and do the same for OnEscapee
Old 18 May 2006, 13:51   #55
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Even though I found those walkthroughs above, I will definitely not be taking a peek...

I managed to finish Another World and Flashback without hints / walkthroughs, would like to try and do the same for OnEscapee
Great to hear Damien!!!.. there is nothing worse than cheats to destroy a game, when with a bit more effort and time you could have figured the game out and enjoyed it a hell of alot more.
Old 18 May 2006, 14:03   #56
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Great to hear Damien!!!.. there is nothing worse than cheats to destroy a game, when with a bit more effort and time you could have figured the game out and enjoyed it a hell of alot more.
Agreed
Old 18 May 2006, 17:45   #57
z00mba

Quote:
there is nothing worse than cheats to destroy a game
onEscapee doesn't need any cheats for that it has the worst gameplay already :P
Old 19 May 2006, 09:07   #58
manicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00mba
onEscapee doesn't need any cheats for that it has the worst gameplay already :P
Sorry, you are wrong here. OnEscapee is a very balanced arcade/adventure game.
Old 19 May 2006, 10:09   #59
Monsieur OUXX

Quote:
How shameful !!.. using walkthroughs and cheats!..
I haden't needed a walkthrough until there, but sometimes the puzzles in this game are weird.

As you read above, i wasn't blocked by a puzzle, nor by a monster, but... by an invisible passage. I consider this very weak to hide a passage just by drawing it black on black...

Old 19 May 2006, 10:25   #60
Monsieur OUXX

By the way, i was quite surprised by the low-quality of "urban levels" graphics, compared to those of "cave levels"...

In the caves, graphics are beautiful, BUT...
Sometimes, in the base, it almost looks like there are only 16 colours, and everything is so flat!!! (if i wanted to be nasty i'd say "it reminds me of Commander Keen graphics").