English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 14 December 2017, 00:32   #401
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
Great work there is something strange, when I boot file with 202-19 it works fine for a first time, but after trying to load it again after restart of winuae it boot only to first screen, display first line of start-up and restart itself. After deleting file with nv ram and creating new one game starts again. Like it save something to nv ram and have problem with reading it again.
don't know, i can start it time after time, which was also needed for testing, os after closing winuae i can directly start it again, maybe someting with this settings..

Attachment 55847

otherwise i can't help cause its working well here...

Gr,
Jarre

Last edited by jarre; 18 November 2020 at 13:11.
Old 15 December 2017, 00:07   #402
brolly

@jarre, thanks for the new dumps, but as F1ReB4LL mentioned for MAME submission these must be untouched images and even though I already asked a couple of times you never confirmed if the images you have been posted are untouched or hacked. I believe they are hacked, but not sure.

If they are hacked could you please post the original images?

Until this is known they cannot be submitted to MAME.
Old 15 December 2017, 00:32   #403
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
@jarre, thanks for the new dumps, but as F1ReB4LL mentioned for MAME submission these must be untouched images and even though I already asked a couple of times you never confirmed if the images you have been posted are untouched or hacked. I believe they are hacked, but not sure.

If they are hacked could you please post the original images?

Until this is known they cannot be submitted to MAME.
all images are hacked, and not playable without hacking it, and sometimes written back to another cd. the originals are avalible allready but never add to mame because of the complex way to get them to work, so maybe it is possible to add them anywayz because i guess the won't be added as original images playable in mame, but Odeon Twister 2 for example is availible for ages and never get to work in mame (it was winuae only for some time) with adding cubo support, now the rom is working without it, with offcource limitations because it was never made as full multi language and its a touchscreen game. There should be errors or non working things in it i guess, but its a start and it are very funny games to play. You can have the original images, but they will stay as Odeon Twister 2, named as non working in mame

see here the original:

https://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._...202.19)/137292

Gr.
Jarre
Old 15 December 2017, 00:34   #404
Amiga1992

I don't think MAME, as a project, cares first about playability of titles, but accuracy, so they would favor an untouched image that can't be played to a hacked image that is playable.

I think that's brolly's point.
Old 15 December 2017, 08:36   #405
Gzegzolka

It's strange, I try it today again and now it's works fine. I must admit that some games are even very fun and pointer is better calibrated so games are playable.
Old 15 December 2017, 23:59   #406
brolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I don't think MAME, as a project, cares first about playability of titles, but accuracy, so they would favor an untouched image that can't be played to a hacked image that is playable.

I think that's brolly's point.
Yes that's exactly the point, we need to preserve the original images so we cannot submit hacked images to MAME so please upload the originals if you still have them (only those not already in MAME obviously). We would need the first Odeon Twister, Odeon Twister 210-20-T and all those Laser Quiz versions you posted. I think these are the ones still not available in the MAME set.
If you can please upload them to the EAB FTP since it's easier to grab them this way.

Once/If Cubo emulation improves in MAME the originals should work without any hacking needed. Same should apply to WinUAE of course, once emulation is done properly hacks shouldn't be needed.
Old 16 December 2017, 20:15   #407
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I also refuse to touch any "new" hacked versions that are based on read-only media because no one knows how they are supposed to work and if they have any hidden bugs that someone surely will blame as emulation bug.. (and afaik winuae handles those fine as long as PIC key is correct, only missing feature is some external hardware tests in service menu)

Please, mark original dumps vs hacked one very clearly!
Old 17 December 2017, 01:31   #408
brolly

I think it would be better to upload all images into a CUBO folder into the EAB FTP (inside /Commodore_Amiga/CD) splitting original and hacked images into their own folders otherwise this will all start being especially confusing to emulator developers which might end debugging strange scenarios due to being working with hacked versions while they assume they are originals.
Old 18 December 2017, 10:27   #409
F1ReB4LL

Quote:
all those Laser Quiz versions you posted
I think he has posted only one: Laser Quiz Greece, the rest are the same image hacked to different languages (it seems the same CD contains the questions on different languages).

What's about Eldorado? It's not in MAME as well, is the good image secured? Sadly, the original upload isn't available in The Zone anymore.
Old 18 December 2017, 16:05   #410
jarre

Odeon Twister 210-20-T

Quote:
Yes that's exactly the point, we need to preserve the original images so we cannot submit hacked images to MAME so please upload the originals if you still have them (only those not already in MAME obviously). We would need the first Odeon Twister, Odeon Twister 210-20-T and all those Laser Quiz versions you posted. I think these are the ones still not available in the MAME set.
If you can please upload them to the EAB FTP since it's easier to grab them this way.

Once/If Cubo emulation improves in MAME the originals should work without any hacking needed. Same should apply to WinUAE of course, once emulation is done properly hacks shouldn't be needed.
Odeon Twister 210-20-T is not from original CD, it are the files (hacked) from the programmers we put onto a cd, this was done by ross.
Old 18 December 2017, 21:17   #411
jarre

Quote:

Here the links to the unpatched originals

THIS IMAGES DO NOT WORK IN WINUAE

Eldorado: https://ufile.io/it3uc

Twister: https://ufile.io/3bwl8

Laserquiz Greece: https://ufile.io/qytzw
Old 19 December 2017, 00:09   #412
brolly

Thanks jarre, can you confirm if the other Laserquiz images you posted are all hacked from the original Italian one?
Old 19 December 2017, 09:32   #413
jarre

Quote:
Thanks jarre, can you confirm if the other Laserquiz images you posted are all hacked from the original Italian one?
yup, bytes for lanuguages, insert coins and and display setup menu must be set for making it playable
Old 19 December 2017, 16:15   #414
F1ReB4LL

Sorry, but why all 3 files are deleted already?
Old 19 December 2017, 17:24   #415
NeoHippie2016
Freak

Will they be uploaded on the file Server?
Old 19 December 2017, 18:45   #416
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1ReB4LL View Post
Sorry, but why all 3 files are deleted already?
i guess brolly allready downloaded them..??
Old 21 December 2017, 08:21   #417
brolly

Yeah I did thanks, I still think they should be uploaded to the EAB FTP under /Commodore_Amiga/CD this way they will stay there forever, but I think it must be someone with special upload permissions to do this?

So who is able to? I can organize the files and upload everything into my FTP folder so they can be moved.
Old 21 December 2017, 11:19   #418
DamienD
Banned

One of you guys need to just do the following:

... Create a directory "CuboCD32" under your "~Uploads\<username>" area.
... Create 2 directories "Original" & "Patched" underneith this.
... Upload all images accordingly.

Once complete, let me know and I'll move eveything to a suitable location
Old 22 December 2017, 07:06   #419
brolly

Yep that was my plan, I will do this let me just organize the files locally first will also try to properly credit the hacks in the filenames so I might need some help to know who hacked each files I will post if more details are needed.

Does anyone have converted cue/bin files (or isos) for all MAME chds? I don't mind converting them myself, but if they are already done I thought I would myself the trouble.

Thanks Damien
Old 22 December 2017, 12:51   #420
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Does anyone have converted cue/bin files (or isos) for all MAME chds? I don't mind converting them myself, but if they are already done I thought I would myself the trouble.
I did for "Candy Puzzle" and "Harem Challenge" but then patched them and deleted the originals