English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 08 August 2018, 18:01   #1
graffias79

Gotek OLED issue

Hi, I have a Gotek drive that I updated to the latest FlashFloppy firmware (v0.9.27a). This works fine except when I try to use an OLED display. I connected the display and it worked for a while, showing the file name and updating the track numbers. After a while the OLED seemed to power off. I figured it turned off after inactivity but when I change disks it doesn't come back on so I can't tell what disk is "inserted".

I went into the settings and set the back light timer to 255s which I read means always on and now I can't get the OLED to work anymore. Well it comes on sometimes but only says "FlashFloppy" and stays that way even though I can boot disks.

I reverted back to the triple 7 segment display and that works fine. What am I doing wrong? Should I try resetting to factory by holding both buttons?
Old 08 August 2018, 21:21   #2
voyager
The show must go on.

Send a message via MSN to voyager
they are cheap oled displays, could well be the display is bad. Just order one on aliexpress and see if it works if not there is something wrong it the gotek. The 7 segment works so I think its the display it self.
Old 09 August 2018, 15:00   #3
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
they are cheap oled displays, could well be the display is bad. Just order one on aliexpress and see if it works if not there is something wrong it the gotek. The 7 segment works so I think its the display it self.

He said display lights up and shows flash floppy. Don't sound like dodgy display. Key thing was, he updated it. Logic would have you go back to old firmware first.
Old 09 August 2018, 16:06   #4
voyager
The show must go on.

Send a message via MSN to voyager
We use this type (and its bigger brother) a lot in our maker space. If they fail they are completely dead or they turn on and turn off.

But I agree you can go back to the older firmware, and try, nothing to lose there.
Old 10 August 2018, 00:39   #5
graffias79

Thanks guys. I'll try reverting to the version below the latest one. When I flashed it, it had some very old firmware on it that wasn't FlashFloppy. (power on showed three dashes then 000)