English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Contest

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 July 2019, 10:24   #1181
mcgeezer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,229
So I tried to beat round 17 with no power ups but couldn't with 5 lives, so I stuck some Dan Terminus on in the background and managed it. I still think it needs speeding up though.

Getting there boys and girls. Hiscore menu all done barring the audio.

[ Show youtube player ]

mcgeezer is offline  
Old 20 July 2019, 10:44   #1182
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 42
Posts: 8,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
What, you / someone else are doing a Wonder Boy port?

...or are you saying that you're ripping all arcade assets for Graeme?
I have started to work on wonderboy since many months now
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 20 July 2019, 11:17   #1183
Foul
Registered User

Foul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perigueux/France
Age: 44
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
So I tried to beat round 17 with no power ups but couldn't with 5 lives, so I stuck some Dan Terminus on in the background and managed it. I still think it needs speeding up though.

Getting there boys and girls. Hiscore menu all done barring the audio.

[ Show youtube player ]

Seems to be hard !!! and the music is cool... DJ Metune ???
Foul is offline  
Old 20 July 2019, 11:55   #1184
mcgeezer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
Seems to be hard !!! and the music is cool... DJ Metune ???
The arcade is hard.

The music is by Dan Terminus (look him up).
Track is reckless destroyer from the album ‘the wrath of code’
mcgeezer is offline  
Old 20 July 2019, 13:03   #1185
Foul
Registered User

Foul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perigueux/France
Age: 44
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
cool thx
Foul is offline  
Old 04 August 2019, 23:32   #1186
mcgeezer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,229
Here's a video of several updates in the game...

Rounds 1 through 22 completed... rounds 23-27 to do.
All weapons now honoured.
All special bonuses honoured (apart from the tribesman - cos I forgot)

The game is now quite stable, the corruption bug in the previous releases was caused by the disk armour routine. I'll explain it...Rygar has a circular up attack which is 26 frames and a left and right attack which is 28 frames. If the player moved from a left or right attack to a circular attack after frame 26 it would end up getting frames from no mans land and blitting shit all over memory. I eventually got to the bottom through some some pretty deep canaries in the code and memory.

Well, the game will be ready for release in a few weeks...however as I'm off to Germany (I know but this is an English board??) in October for Amiga 34 I've decided to release it there. I'm thinking about setting a challenge for the day with the winner hopefully receiving something quite exclusive and limited (something kinda 3d, rectangular.... card boardy feel with a floppy disk) - just an idea though.

Here's a vid of rounds 1-10, you'll see I've got a training installed...so I can press F1 to F6 for extra powers and lives.

[ Show youtube player ]

I've made sure Hipoonios won't finish this with one life that's for sure.

Geezer
mcgeezer is offline  
Old 05 August 2019, 00:03   #1187
ross
Per aspera ad astra

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 49
Posts: 1,823
ross is offline  
Old 05 August 2019, 08:49   #1188
Foul
Registered User

Foul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perigueux/France
Age: 44
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Yes ! Yes ! Yes !
Foul is offline  
Old 05 August 2019, 10:00   #1189
seuden
uber cool demi god

seuden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent/England
Posts: 1,981
Looks incredible!
seuden is offline  
Old 05 August 2019, 10:05   #1190
Steril707
OCS rocks!

 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Amiga Island
Posts: 845
Super nice work!
Steril707 is offline  
Old 05 August 2019, 20:03   #1191
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 14,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Here's a video of several updates in the game...

Rounds 1 through 22 completed... rounds 23-27 to do.
All weapons now honoured.
All special bonuses honoured (apart from the tribesman - cos I forgot)

The game is now quite stable, the corruption bug in the previous releases was caused by the disk armour routine. I'll explain it...Rygar has a circular up attack which is 26 frames and a left and right attack which is 28 frames. If the player moved from a left or right attack to a circular attack after frame 26 it would end up getting frames from no mans land and blitting shit all over memory. I eventually got to the bottom through some some pretty deep canaries in the code and memory.

Well, the game will be ready for release in a few weeks...however as I'm off to Germany (I know but this is an English board??) in October for Amiga 34 I've decided to release it there. I'm thinking about setting a challenge for the day with the winner hopefully receiving something quite exclusive and limited (something kinda 3d, rectangular.... card boardy feel with a floppy disk) - just an idea though.

Here's a vid of rounds 1-10, you'll see I've got a training installed...so I can press F1 to F6 for extra powers and lives.

[ Show youtube player ]

I've made sure Hipoonios won't finish this with one life that's for sure.

Geezer
Nice one Graeme

...the thread goes quiet for 2 weeks and then you drop the H-bomb of progress
DamienD is online now  
Old 06 August 2019, 23:01   #1192
mcgeezer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,229
Thought I'd give Adobe Illustrator a go tonight...

What do you's think?

http://109.228.4.199/downloads/BoxArtFront.png
mcgeezer is offline  
Old 06 August 2019, 23:35   #1193
ross
Per aspera ad astra

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 49
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Thought I'd give Adobe Illustrator a go tonight...

What do you's think?

http://109.228.4.199/downloads/BoxArtFront.png
This image reminds me of something...
ross is offline  
Old 06 August 2019, 23:53   #1194
mcgeezer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
This image reminds me of something...
Yeah... check that resolution though.
mcgeezer is offline  
Old 07 August 2019, 00:12   #1195
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 14,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Thought I'd give Adobe Illustrator a go tonight...

What do you's think?

http://109.228.4.199/downloads/BoxArtFront.png
Where the hell are there tigers or pterodactyls in Rygar?
DamienD is online now  
Old 07 August 2019, 00:37   #1196
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

malko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CH
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
This image reminds me of something...
This one maybe ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Where the hell are there tigers or pterodactyls in Rygar?
You should play more to see them
malko is offline  
Old 07 August 2019, 01:09   #1197
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 14,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
You should play more to see them
Oh I've finished the Arcade version via MAME using cheats; impossible without, or throwing loads of quarters at it "back in the day"

...but as mentioned; have never seen any tigers or pterodactyls
DamienD is online now  
Old 07 August 2019, 01:52   #1198
invent
pixels

invent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Age: 48
Posts: 255
Hi mcgeezer,

Have you considered this flyer be modified (easy to remove all foreign text and overlay English), let me know what dimensions you need), oh and slightly enhance the scan.

https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?pa...ideodb&id=3265
invent is offline  
Old 07 August 2019, 10:06   #1199
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 42
Posts: 8,092
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by invent View Post
Hi mcgeezer,

Have you considered this flyer be modified (easy to remove all foreign text and overlay English), let me know what dimensions you need), oh and slightly enhance the scan.

https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?pa...ideodb&id=3265
in fact, i have proposed to use the X68000 package easy, and same with the manual
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 07 August 2019, 11:52   #1200
Foul
Registered User

Foul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perigueux/France
Age: 44
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Best artwork for me is this one : http://i35.tinypic.com/2j64n4i.jpg
Foul is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Entry: Rygar AGA Edition mcgeezer Coders. Entries 75 28 February 2019 20:41
On the Ball - World Cup Edition AGA djcasey request.Old Rare Games 4 25 January 2013 12:39
On The Ball League Edition AGA , Player Manager 2 StarEye Games images which need to be WHDified 11 22 January 2010 18:21
The Vague #1 AGA-RTG edition is released ! kas1e Amiga scene 12 30 October 2007 00:27
On The Ball: World Cup Edition AGA CodyJarrett request.Old Rare Games 11 27 May 2003 06:14

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.12529 seconds with 16 queries