English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 22 June 2019, 00:11   #1
utri007
mä vaan

Oh no, kolla's still banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
Kolla got banned here, so this is Kolla free area.
Old 24 June 2019, 20:41   #2
ferrellsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
That's great news!
Old 24 June 2019, 22:07   #3
hth313
On strike for kolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrellsl View Post
That's great news!
No, it is not. Kolla must return soon!
Old 24 June 2019, 23:01   #4
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
That's great news!
I am sorry to read these things, I also think it is a very bad speech, also so can not replicate, i do not know the reasons for the bannage, but I think Kolla is a person prepared and very final for the forum.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 26 June 2019 at 23:22.
Old 25 June 2019, 00:12   #5
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
Quote:
That's great news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I am sorry to read these things, I also think it is a very bad speech, also so can not replicate, i do not know the reasons for the bannatura, but I think Kolla is a person prepared and very final for the forum.
Yes it is great news!!!

EAB has been a much better place since I permanently banned him a month or so ago

...kolla was a moderation headache; many of his posts were reported on a weekly basis, he's been PM'd / warned / temp banned etc. many times previously but all this makes no difference.

He has no respect for developers, EAB / rules / moderators or anything really. His main purpose here was to stir up trouble etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hth313 View Post
No, it is not. Kolla must return soon!
LOL

Not going to happen, ever!!!

...and from what I know, most other Amiga forums banned him also for the same continuous rubbish.
Old 25 June 2019, 00:18   #6
hth313
On strike for kolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...and from what I know, most other Amiga forums banned him also for the same continuous rubbish.
Kolla is making valuable and appreciated contributions to both amiga.org and amigaworld.net.
Old 25 June 2019, 00:19   #7
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Kolla is making valuable and appreciated contributions to both amiga.org and amigaworld.net.
Yeah right... if you really miss him so much, go over there and read his rubbish.

Anyway, no more discussion on the matter; all GMods / Mods were in agreement and his ban will never be reversed on EAB!!! He had enough chances / warnings...

End of discussion. Any further posts on the matter will be deleted immediately...
Old 25 June 2019, 00:23   #8
hth313
On strike for kolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Is it the countdown for the release of the free update ?
For a moment I hoped it was a countdown for Kollas comeback.

If we are lucky it is a countdown for the current court case which hopefully will kill Hyperion for good.

But now I suspect the same as you... which is very sad, as normal software companies release updates to their customers when they are available, without teasing them by holding it back and rubbing it in.
Old 26 June 2019, 19:02   #9
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
For a moment I hoped it was a countdown for Kollas comeback.
Kolla has no value. Very good news that he has been banned forever. Hopefully other forums follow. Thanks Damien.

Quote:
If we are lucky it is a countdown for the current court case which hopefully will kill Hyperion for good.
Market would get more saturated and eventually die off. But at least Kolla is not here whining anymore.

Quote:

But now I suspect the same as you... which is very sad, as normal software companies release updates to their customers when they are available, without teasing them by holding it back and rubbing it in.
Amiga is NOT business, it is a hobby, so they would do what they want to and when they want to. That is something that Kolla couldn't understand. He made his best that fun could get as far as possible from Amiga hobby. Or Kolla's fun was made other feel miserable?
Old 26 June 2019, 22:29   #10
hth313
On strike for kolla

Quote:

It has been reported from a highly reliable source that this is the only site that Kolla has been banned from.

... and he is not the only one that has been banned here. I cannot remember any site I ever visited where contributing people get banned at all, and here it happens over and over again.

This is a serious problem with this site, and I think I know who is sole responsible for all this and his name starts with D as in Devil.
Old 26 June 2019, 22:54   #11
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
It has been reported from a highly reliable source that this is the only site that Kolla has been banned from.
Not true actually, I noticed also that from amiga.org. This is only forum wich has banned Kolla forever. He has been banned multible time for few weeks, in other forums.
Old 26 June 2019, 23:29   #12
Hewitson

For what it's worth I'd love to see kolla back here. Always enjoyed reading his posts. But even if he was unbanned, he probably wouldn't want to return after the way he was treated.
Old 26 June 2019, 23:30   #13
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
This is a serious problem with this site, and I think I know who is sole responsible for all this and his name starts with D as in Devil.
Kolla's ban was self inflicted, blaming the person who enacted the punishment doesn't change the fact Kolla had multiple warnings, several short bans, and continued to go on like a broken record. It's incredibly unfair - being a forum moderator is hard enough without being blamed for other peoples stupid mistakes.
Old 26 June 2019, 23:40   #14
hth313
On strike for kolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Kolla's ban was self inflicted, blaming the person who enacted the punishment doesn't change the fact Kolla had multiple warnings, several short bans, and continued to go on like a broken record. It's incredibly unfair - being a forum moderator is hard enough without being blamed for other peoples stupid mistakes.
Now you are mixing matters. Kolla aside, I refer to the fact that multiple people have been banned here, which is big problem and something the moderators should take some serious thinking over. This site seem to be very different in this regard compared to others.

And also, the kind of attitude shown by the moderator above, is not very mature.
Old 27 June 2019, 00:00   #15
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Oh right. I know for a fact that he has been banned from various other Amiga forums.

Who's your "highly reliable source"; your best buddy kolla?

Quote:
... and he is not the only one that has been banned here. I cannot remember any site I ever visited where contributing people get banned at all, and here it happens over and over again.
Contributing? No one gets banned for simply contributing to discussion, why would they???

...but yes, people do get banned from EAB when they are constantly causing problems / have numerous reported posts on a weekly basis and get political.

It's usually a short ban, then 2 weeks, then possibly more. It's discussed between all GMods though before any action takes place.

kolla has had numerous temporary bans, ignored all moderator PMs / warnings etc. over more than a year period; but you already know this as I explained everything in a PM after you questioned why he had been banned a month or so ago...

Now you insist on writing the same stuff in public; nice move.

Quote:
Yeah, of course it's all my fault... what for being a moderator and having to deal with constantly difficult people

Anyway, you think EAB has serious problems and it's all due to the moderators...

Right, so then what are you doing here? Go to another Amiga forum then where they allow constant trolling / harassment of the last active developers.

Serious though; end of discussion regarding kolla. He's never coming back no matter what you or anyone else says, get over it!!!

Last edited by DamienD; 27 June 2019 at 00:20.
Old 27 June 2019, 00:46   #16
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
For what it's worth I'd love to see kolla back here. Always enjoyed reading his posts. But even if he was unbanned, he probably wouldn't want to return after the way he was treated.
Firstly, lol. Secondly, as Damien said already, he was given numerous chances to tone it down, and numerous PMs explaining that he was pushing it too far. It's not his points which often appeared valid, it was the constant attempts to turn a discussion into an argument, which became apparent was his intention.

And hth313, at least Kolla's trolling was usually on topic, you just totally derailed a thread to pursue your personal agenda that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

If you are missing your pal so much, please go forth and do so, I'm sure he's posting somewhere you can easily find.

Continue with the pointless thread derailments and this option maybe forced upon you.

You like everyone else feeling there has been a travesty of justice regarding his banning are free to vote with your feet. Anyone that likes to see a bully trolling people all the time isn't the type of person I particually want to stick around.

Last edited by Ian; 27 June 2019 at 00:52.
Old 27 June 2019, 01:11   #17
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
You like everyone else feeling there has been a travesty of justice regarding his banning are free to vote with your feet.
I'm pretty sure, going off the absolutely stupid thread / poll that hth313 somehow thought would be a good idea to create under the Amiga scene section of all places

Not many people miss kolla:
Do you like Kolla and want him back?
...and those votes occurred within 7 hours before I discovered the thread, moved to "Off Topic" and closed for obvious reasons.
Old 27 June 2019, 03:35   #18
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
I love the way that a person who's literally only been on EAB for just over a year with a massive 185 posts; thinks that he actually knows the history of this forum?

Please show me the list of supposedly "banning users over and over again" in your very brief time on EAB?

Now, take a look how many years I've been a real contributing member (as opposed to kolla); and then a Global Moderator on EAB for...

Just in case you can't count; close to 14 years... and how many posts have I made asking valid questions / bug testing / assisting others etc???

Let me help you; currently 14,140... and that's besides the PM's I read / answer daily, see the screenshot in this post to view that number from a week ago.

That's not to mention other stuff that I've constantly done for many, many moons now i.e. identify / investigate problem games, various projects I'm associated with (besides my own that I've shared), numerous donations out of my own pocket to developers / game authors / sponsoring competitions... you know, the stuff that actually contributes to the Amiga community

So please tell us all; what's your contribution to the Amiga community / scene???

...but yeah, as you say. I'm clearly the devil and pure evil
Old 27 June 2019, 03:48   #19
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Maybe RCK should ban once in a while and comment that properly. So the people can see that this is HIS playground. And HE decides who is welcome on EAB. Idiots like Kolla surely not. He begged for it since... i don't know. For a long time.
Old 27 June 2019, 16:22   #20
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:

...but yeah, as you say. I'm clearly the devil and pure evil
Clearly, your nickname is obviously a reference to the Omen. We all know what that trailing D stands for.

... note to self, I should see the original the Omen again. It's been too long.