English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 06 December 2011, 15:39   #1
olesio

"Skoczny Jacus" - slave request.

Hello. I try to contact with Psygore, but He still do not reply, asman lost from low free time so maybe other talented WHDLoad slave writter can help me (StingRay / Galahad / someone other? ). I uploaded "skoczny_jacus.zip" file to "The Zone!". It contain game in non dos adf and manual in polish language in jpeg format. It is rare polish game. Someone more experienced can add game entry to HOL too, because it is not in database. Gamplay is shown at this YouTube's video: [ Show youtube player ] - probable only reading non dos loader, bypass dox check and quit key is to add. But maybe some faults to patch - I do not know, because I do not have any slave write konwledge. Also maybe 1.3 or 2.0 kickstart image will be needed because I tested the game under WinUAE and it works only for Amiga with 2.0 kickstart config. Can someone answer me is he fimd some free time to write slave to this game. I will be glad and can test it. And at finish small info about dox check (for those who do not know Polish language) numbers on screen are Page / Line / Word and you must enter only two first digits of word and count of letters. For example, for 6 / 6 / 1 it will be "JA9". Word can be find by some text or hex editors in adf image, because they are not crypted in any way. I'm waiting for reply. Thanks in advice for any help and traditionally big sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by olesio; 06 December 2011 at 15:47.
Old 06 December 2011, 15:42   #2
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

I'll have a look.
Old 06 December 2011, 15:46   #3
olesio

Big thanks and please move this thread to "Games images which need to be WHDified" subforum because I forgot about this subforum exists here. Sorry. In most cases I subscibe interested topic or written by me and view new post only cursorily.
Old 06 December 2011, 15:49   #4
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Had a quick look, shouldn't be too hard to patch, so far I found a buggy extension memory check (usual "mirror" trick) but other than that code seems to be OK. Expect first beta this evening or tomorrow.
Old 06 December 2011, 15:51   #5
olesio

Cool. And StringRay if you can and if it possible please bypasss whole dox check screen, because it will be faster if player do not must press enter or some random password there. If beta slave will be ready before 0:00 today I try to make fast tests under WinUAE and maybe later on real Amiga 1200. If not - no poroblem I will test it longer probable at Thursday evening. Thanks again for your support
Old 06 December 2011, 15:52   #6
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

I'll see about that, depends on the code of the protection routine if it can be easily skipped or not.
Old 06 December 2011, 15:58   #7
olesio

Ok, post slave to test here if beta will be ready. Btw, under YouTube video with gameplay of this title someone ask is it production in AMOS. Because Polish coders made many crap in this language and uploader of video answers it is in assembler, but like you wrote coder did not avoid the some mistakes in code which must be fixed. Maybe it is caused because game was probable made in hurry and only 2000 copies was release (info from manual).
Old 06 December 2011, 21:20   #8
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

I have created a WHDLoad patch, all I can say is: WTF? This was sold as a commercial game? I didn't expect to complete the whole game in about 5 minutes when I was just testing the slave. Very very simple game with only 12 levels. Protection was a joke and has been completely disabled. Preinstalled version is attached, since I didn't have any icon I just used one from my John Barnes install so don't wonder. Anyway, have fun.
Attached Files
File Type: lha SkocznyWHD_Beta.lha (505.0 KB, 174 views)
Old 06 December 2011, 22:24   #9
olesio

Thank you a lot. StingRay reliable as ever. We can always count on you And yes, this game was comercial and sold. But it is very rare and I just wonder how it looks and what about gameplay. I only finished 2 levels, but now I can test it. I thought it will be better than ZX Spectrum Jumping Jack remakes on PC, but I was wrong, but not too bad game like other crap in AMOS which you cracked on Shoonay's request.
Old 06 December 2011, 22:43   #10
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Well, it isn't excactly crap, code is quite OK and graphics/music too. The idea of the game is OK too but it is far too easy. You can finish almost every level the same way: don't move left or right, just press fire to jump. Not exactly challenging. Have fun testing the game, I'm sure you'll complete it in no time too.
Old 06 December 2011, 23:37   #11
olesio

Ah now I see, I did not discovered collision bug before. But when change collision settings under WinUAE game works fine. but maybe under some real Amigas sometimes problem with collision still exists. Anyway, thanks for your work.
Old 06 December 2011, 23:39   #12
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Which collision bug do you mean? The game is very easy to complete despite collision checks. There is no bug, not one that I noticed anyway. Just don't move and immediately press fire to jump. That will work up to level 12. :P
Old 07 December 2011, 01:09   #13
olesio

It is collision problem under WinUAE. You can jump and penetrate through the ceiling. And under my real Amiga 1200 probable music in menu is too fast or is sound a little bit strange. I do not have FPU. Anyway, no matter, this game is probable designed by some young dudes who just want to do something and release something to public. But after many years someone like you with big konwledge can easy made slave for this one
Old 07 December 2011, 08:50   #14
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by olesio View Post
And under my real Amiga 1200 probable music in menu is too fast or is sound a little bit strange.
What CPU do you have? 68040 or 68060? If so, it's most probably interrupt related and I can easily fix that. Didn't check the game on any of my real Amigas yet. Is the music much too fast?
Old 08 December 2011, 13:17   #15
olesio

I own normal Amiga 1200 with 3.0 kickstart and 4 MB RAM extension so probable my CPU must be 68040. Music is a little bit to fast or it is just my feeleing. No matter. Just let you know about it. Anyway, the most important is the slave works fine Thanks again.
Old 08 December 2011, 13:31   #16
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

If you have a standard A1200 then you have a 68020 CPU. Use "CPU" command from workbench to check if you're curious. Anyway, I'll update the slave this evening so that the music problem will (hopefully) be fixed.
Old 10 December 2011, 14:25   #17
Asle

hello
talking about music, who is the author of these musics ? (Noisepacker 3)
Thanks
Old 11 December 2011, 01:49   #18
Irek´72
´040 User

Hi,
I've just tested it and the movements of the main character falter a little on my 040 CPU.
sometimes it interferes, because then you can not control the correct main figure in the game.