English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 15 November 2019, 12:58   #1
MickGyver

Operating system calls missing

Hi! I need to recompile the tool 'viewlibs' but it seems that several os functions in the source are not recognised by Blitz Basic 2.1. One unrecognised function is Lock_(...). What do I need to do to get all the OS functions recognised? Grateful for any insight!
Old 15 November 2019, 13:25   #2
MickGyver

Ok, feel a bit stupid. I had tried referencing 'blitzlibs:all.res' believing it had everything that 'amigalibs.res' had and more, but that didn't work. It works when I referenced 'blitzlibs:amigalibs.res' instead.

EDIT: No it didn't work after all, when I loaded the source the commands were recognised but when I tried to compile and run, all the problematic command names are converted to question marks like '?????', what gives?
Old 15 November 2019, 15:14   #3
peceha

Just one question (not related to yours):
Is "all.res" working for you with BB2???? - whenever I tried it crashed my amiga...
Old 15 November 2019, 15:19   #4
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by peceha View Post
Just one question (not related to yours):
Is "all.res" working for you with BB2???? - whenever I tried it crashed my amiga...
I think I have used it successfully yes. It didn't crash using it now, but using either all.res or amigalibs.res, still get the ?????. I don't get any errors when compiling though, weird...
Old 15 November 2019, 15:27   #5
Daedalus

The resident files won't provide the missing tokenisation - they'll only provide things like constants and structs used by the OS calls.

It's strange, Lock_() is something I'm sure I've used before, and is part of the core libraries that Blitz supports (dos.library). Have you somehow excluded dos.library from your deflibs?
Old 15 November 2019, 17:35   #6
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
The resident files won't provide the missing tokenisation - they'll only provide things like constants and structs used by the OS calls.

It's strange, Lock_() is something I'm sure I've used before, and is part of the core libraries that Blitz supports (dos.library). Have you somehow excluded dos.library from your deflibs?
Cheers! Your answer got me in the right direction. I had created another folder in BlitzLibs with some tools etc. and running MakeDefLibs after this seems to have resulted in a somewhat corrupt deflibs file. I now removed the extra folder and recreated deflibs, seems fine now!