English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 20 February 2020, 22:57   #41
solarmon

I forgot to say: For this drive, for the track 0 signal, it will only appear when you have the motor spinning - so only do any track 0 test with the motor on.
Old 21 February 2020, 14:15   #42
Tumppi

Calibration test shows 11/11 Okay on both sides.
I can load workbench with this drive if I push heads back to track 0 after every read error.
Every time when heads should move towards track 0, it gives read error. And I think thats because drive gets false TR0 signal.
There is something wrong with the signals I think. I have measured the traces and everything looks good. There was some corrosion because of leaking caps.
Old 21 February 2020, 15:30   #43
solarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi View Post
Calibration test shows 11/11 Okay on both sides.
I can load workbench with this drive if I push heads back to track 0 after every read error.
Every time when heads should move towards track 0, it gives read error. And I think thats because drive gets false TR0 signal.
There is something wrong with the signals I think. I have measured the traces and everything looks good. There was some corrosion because of leaking caps.
Oh, I get what you mean now about getting a false /TRK0 signal (i.e. it goes low to ground, when it is not actually at track 0). If you have logic probe (or maybe you can use a multimeter) then you can probe the pin and see whether that is the case or not.

Unfortunately, I think, the read test in ATK doesn't show the /TRK0 signal.
Old 21 February 2020, 15:39   #44
cpiac64

use version 1.5 for test trk0, trk40 and trk79, in this version use dot for ok, x for error and + or - for next or prev trk
Old 15 March 2020, 17:35   #45
asapreta

Thanks for all the info on this thread.

I already repaired one of my roctec drives by replacing the belt and recapping and it works like a charm.

The belt was given to me by a friend so I didn't need to buy one.
Now I got another roctec drive (boxed in mint condition) but the belt perished.

I got the dimensions here and tried to buy locally (I live in Brazil) and I have a doubt, the size of 69mm is with the belt fully stretched? it didn't seem so small when I replaced it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by asapreta; 15 March 2020 at 17:48.
Old 15 March 2020, 20:54   #46
solarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapreta View Post

I got the dimensions here and tried to buy locally (I live in Brazil) and I have a doubt, the size of 69mm is with the belt fully stretched? it didn't seem so small when I replaced it.

Thanks in advance.
From my own personal experience, the 71mm belts are slightly too loose. I have found the 69mm belts (from where I have sourced them) to be a better fit. I've replaced about 5 Roctec drives now with 69mm belts.
Old 19 March 2020, 12:58   #47
asapreta

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarmon View Post
From my own personal experience, the 71mm belts are slightly too loose. I have found the 69mm belts (from where I have sourced them) to be a better fit. I've replaced about 5 Roctec drives now with 69mm belts.
I will buy the 69mm ones but my doubt is, when I asked the seller about the belt, they usually streches them to get the size, and I found 69mm stretched too small. So, the size is the diameter or it stretched?

Thanks.
Old 19 March 2020, 13:04   #48
asapreta

Making the calculations I suppose it is about 11 cm (110mm) streched. It looks like the one I replaced once.
Old 19 March 2020, 13:15   #49
solarmon

I would assume the value is the diameter of the belt when not stretched. I did not bother to measure it.

I initially did purchase the 71mm belt because that was what was recommended. I found it got stretched over time and got too loose and was slipping.

I then found a 69mm belt and that seem to be working OK, so that is the one I am recommending, based on my personal experience.