English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 April 2013, 21:38   #61
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Damn, I'm gutted for ya bud.

Have a retro hug from us at Indie Retro News!

Atleast though you are alive and not in the fire
Old 15 April 2013, 21:39   #62
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Maybe not the Louvre, but it's very sad if some from of art/work is lost forever... besides all the personal loss of course It's surely a great loss in all respects.
Old 15 April 2013, 22:12   #63
leathered

Such a tragedy mate. Take comfort in your family and friends, and walk on. I hope that in time you can forgive your father. Condolences and best wishes.
Old 15 April 2013, 22:14   #64
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Really sorry to hear that, Denis. At least nobody was injured

Hang in there, mate. I hope everything will go for the best.
Old 15 April 2013, 22:20   #65
demoniac

Sorry to read about this situation. On a positive note, because you were very generous in sharing and preservation, a lot of your collection is backed up in SPS and other formats.
Old 15 April 2013, 22:41   #66
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

@ Denis

The best way to think about this is that the person that set fire to your house wasn't your father. It might have looked exactly like him, but your father wasn't inside that person, as the mental illness had taken over. The person that was your father is now gone, unfortunately, and what replaced him was a total stranger.

I hope that you can be strong during this difficult time for you and your family.
Old 15 April 2013, 22:54   #67
ScHlAuChi

Damn this terrible!

Old 15 April 2013, 23:02   #68
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Denis... I can only guess, because I haven't experienced this, but obviously no person got hurt physically which is really good news.

We all know you were collecting because you like collecting... so maybe this isn't helping too much, not sure. But if your KryoFlux burned in the flames, we'd like to donate a new one for a start. To say thanks for all the dumps you made for the community... Maybe having the option to get a used Amiga and playing some games will help...?

PM me as needed!
Old 15 April 2013, 23:44   #69
dirkies
Zone Friend

talking about donating, I am willing to help out, that is at least what I can do to ease a bit the pain of this tragedy, as you are more than just a "normal" amiga community contributor. Maybe make a list of Amiga hardware you lost and we may help out restore at least some of that, although it will not replace all the other things you lost in this terrible news.

Last edited by dirkies; 15 April 2013 at 23:57.
Old 15 April 2013, 23:47   #70
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
thanks to all of you for the support, boys and girl!

@Mr Vince : My kryoflux is there in my flat with me. hopefully for me, i have kept a few things on amiga in my flat.

Collecting for collecting has never been my motive. I had a lot of games, true, but it was just because for most of them it was linked with youth and teenage fond memories.
each game has his own memory for me.

thank you for the offer about the kryoflux however

i still have my main A1200 up and running here at home.

On another note, the village mayor has called a guy with an excavator in order to spread what remains of the house.

The bitter irony is that a lot of my games have not burnt due to the plastic properties,
but since the flames were there, everything is all dead.
Old 16 April 2013, 00:00   #71
BippyM
Global Moderator

Denis,

I am really sorry to hear about your losses here. I can't imagine how difficult it may be for you and your family right now.

My concern here is why the severity of your fathers illness was not picked up sooner, and was allowed to deteriorate to this level.

If you need an ear please give me a shout, and chin up.

nb. On a side note I have moved this thread to off-topic. I don't want to come across as rude or uncaring, but it's not really news.
Old 16 April 2013, 00:11   #72
prowler
Global Moderator

Bippy and I are now agreed that the thread can be moved to the Amiga Scene forum, as not everyone here reads the Off-topic forums.
Old 16 April 2013, 00:35   #73
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Denis,

I am really sorry to hear about your losses here. I can't imagine how difficult it may be for you and your family right now.

My concern here is why the severity of your fathers illness was not picked up sooner, and was allowed to deteriorate to this level.

If you need an ear please give me a shout, and chin up.

nb. On a side note I have moved this thread to off-topic. I don't want to come across as rude or uncaring, but it's not really news.
The answer about why he has not been picked up sooner, it's the french law. It protects people from being locked up by their children in case of heritance (they want to get the money, and to do so, they make their parent(s) locked up).

that's why we've never been able to make him pick his medics in order for him to not becoming mad and do pure mad acts.

The French state is the culprit here. My mum, my bros and sisters and i we were thinking about how to do, and even our family doctor told us that nothing could be done. My father was an engineer, a genius in maths and a very cultured man, this in his "good" personality, and this was what the doctors and even the cops have seen of him. When they see that, they just release him !

you see how crazy and silly the situation is, the law was against "us"....
Old 16 April 2013, 01:07   #74
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Tonight is the sadest day of my whole life

I have to announce that something very serious event has happened.

My father is seperated from my mother since 4 months, and just in order for her to be desherited, to get nothing like the half of the house, and considering the depressive and serious bipolar disorder he has, at 00:00 am
he has put the fire to the family house (he was alone in it), and everything is burnt and destroyed.

My amiga collection has been destroyed to 90%, i only have a few very rare titles with me, all my amiga, atari ST, CPC, PC, console, my arcade hardware, everything is in ashes.

I'm so devastated inside...... all our family photos, all my souvenirs, he has erased us, me and my mother, my brother and sisters.

I just hope that the moderators won't be annoyed for this sad post here.
sad news...

Call me tomorrow if you want to talk

Last edited by CFou!; 16 April 2013 at 01:19.
Old 16 April 2013, 03:07   #75
discomeats
Just add brown sauce.

I can only wish you better times in the future :/
Old 16 April 2013, 07:06   #76
adolescent