English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 22 August 2002, 23:16   #1
the wolf
Just Leeching

Name That Game! (+ a game for you)

I uploaded to The Zone two "strange" italian ADFs into one Zip file, called "WhoKnows".
Strange because, I think they came from some older italian magazines along with these "pirated" titles.
The first, "Pesca" is a fishing game, half written in english, and half in italian.... (a pathetic try to translate it, I suppose, but only the plain text...). The other, "Spaziali", is a compilation of four space games. The fourth of this bunch is Space Harrier (even if it was called Sabiris), and I bet the other three names are all faked, too.
Now, can someone tell me the real name of these games? Thank you!

BTW: I found out another non-Tosec game, called Ullisprick. It’s an adventure text game (like The Pawn), made and written in Italian, with some digitized speech and totally demential and mad (for who knows this language!)
Anyone interested?

Cheers!
Old 23 August 2002, 00:45   #2
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
"Pesca" is either Reel Fish'n or Gone Fish'n by Interstel, 1988.
DO NOT ask me which. I've never been able to distinguish them, I always think they've got the same gameplay, but just got a different name.

wolf, I'm pretty sure that the second game on the compilation is NO hack!
It's a very well-done Xenon II clone, and the whole scoreboard is completely in Italian language! That's a very good game, by the way!
I doubt that this game was just bluntly translated into Italian.

Last edited by andreas; 23 August 2002 at 02:21.
Old 23 August 2002, 14:14   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@the wolf
Ullisprick: interested!

@andreas
Reel Fish'n & Gone Fish'n are the same game, different name(s).
Old 23 August 2002, 14:30   #4
the wolf
Just Leeching

Hmmm... thanks for the info.
The 2nd game on the compilation is good, but not so good, IMHO. It's a little too hard to play! At least, we can say it's a clone of Xenon 1 (and not 2), because of his hardness!
Quite sure it's a hack, because in the main title appears many times "Gruppo Logica 2000" (INfamous for their pirated products !)
Someone took the originals, and made some modifications cutting out the original titles of this games putting another title to prevent copyright problems (common thing here in Italy even in the C64 days).

@Twistin': Ullisprick in The Zone!
Old 23 August 2002, 17:39   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Well wolf, if you are *so* sure, maybe you're indeed right.
Nevertheless, here's a screenshot of this mysterious title.
BTW: I DO LIKE tough games!
The thrill is always much hotter then. So this one is just right for me.
And if you consider that you can just hold the ship, stopping it from flying ahead by depressing the 'down' key (unlike with other games), it's plain easy at times!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xoboton.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	3382  
Old 23 August 2002, 19:25   #6
andreas
Zone Friend

Happy THAT'S IT!

Mann, du bist 'ne Wucht Alter!

Yes, that's it! Those Italian guys seemed to have caught a PREVIEW of Sidewinder 2, it looks. After playing through level 5 (yes, I DID play it yesterday! ), it starts over at level 1.

@wolf
I'd say Ullisprick isn't demential. It's just a bit ... lascivious. But that doesn't make it demential. It wasn't that easy to solve (puzzles are quite tricky at times), but eventually I did solve it. Nice one.
BTW, I knew the game from the old Italian retrogame site (dunno the URL exactly enough) where I also found Super Caztri.

Last edited by andreas; 23 August 2002 at 19:45.
Old 25 August 2002, 14:50   #7
the wolf
Just Leeching

It's a question of taste, of course... I prefer ten thousand more Xenon 2... and even in this you can stop the ship to prevent go on!

Happy to know you enjoyed Ullisprick...yes, it's a bit tricky in some points but almost easy to complete...
"A BIT LASCIVIOUS"? Err, well, yes, of course... For me it's a bit more than this... How many games do you know as "lascivious" on Amiga? I think it's like to compare Porky's with Scary Movie... Lacivious or what?

Oh, and I know SuperCaztri, too...
Old 25 August 2002, 22:19   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Stick out tongue

Lascivious, yes.
Just don't take everything too seriously in the game.
I wouldn't recommend this for 12-year-old boys, of course - but there's even more stuff with "a bit more sex", so this one is quite harmless...