English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 17 September 2016, 20:33   #1
Noctumus

[Found: Terramex] Puzzle Adventure (with pink meteor)?

1. Possible name of game

Sorry, but I have no idea what it's called ...

2. Game genre (General)

Adventure.

3. Game genre (Specific)

Puzzle Adventure.

4. Viewpoint

Horizontal, and (as far as I remember) one-screen-at-a-time (like "Future Wars" or "Loom", for example).

5. General dates

Most likely late 1980s, less likely early 1990s.

6. Commercial status

I'm pretty sure my dad bought it for me.

7. Other specific info

It was a puzzle game where you controlled a group of characters, including a scout with a Davy Crockett hat and a police officer (or possibly a soldier with a tall helmet). I recall the characters as being very cartoonish, maybe even a bit caricaturish like in "Nuclear War"

I remember that the story included something about a pink planet or a meteor (maybe a pink meteor crashing into a planet?). I also seem to remember something about a professor ...

As I remember it, you had to interact with the environment to solve various puzzles (eg. making a plank tip to press down a button), kinda like you do it in "Machinarium", although in a much more simple/naive world.

I don't think it's a very popular game, but I remember playing it with my friends as a kid and although I've searched for it from time to time, I've never had any luck finding it ...

Old 17 September 2016, 20:42   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Terramex http://hol.abime.net/1345 (or Cosmic Relief if you're American)
Old 17 September 2016, 21:40   #3
Noctumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Terramex http://hol.abime.net/1345 (or Cosmic Relief if you're American)
Given the number of details I remembered completely wrong, including the color of the meteor, I'm very impressed that you could identify it, because that is exactly the game I was looking for!

Thank you very, very much, Belgarath!!! I honestly thought I would never find it.